Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-559.html)

Venom 2 : Let there be Carnage: 2 / 5

The first Venom movie was highly refreshing with a fresh angle into super-villains doning a hero's position. Unfortunately, the second Venom does a debacle of that start and gives us a mess of a movie. There's no logic in the movie and the storyline jumps from cartoonish situation to situation.

Give it a miss - the only thing worth (& the additional 1 rating) is the post-credits scene that gives the very much possibility of a 3rd "installment" of the Venom series a very very interesting turn. We'll soon be able to see it in less than a month :)

The operative: 4 / 5 streaming on Amazon Prime

A good spy movie sans the unreal guns and action - about a Mossad recruit in Iran compromising the Iranian N-program. The focus though is more on the human side of things.
Has Martin Freeman in the cast - Watson in the Sherlock series.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-20211128-19_36_50window.png

Watched Palm Springs on Netflix starring Andy Samberg (Jake Peralta in Brooklyn 99). It’s a good light hearted watch involving fantasy, comedy. I would rate it a decent 3.5/5

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9484998/

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-63bc554025234a428e3a7774fa5d6f7c.jpeg

Watched 'Bruised' on Netflix and liked it. Based on MMA & how a player lost it and fights back.

3/5.

Spider Man: No Way Home will be released a day early in India on 16th December.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-20211129_140129.jpg

Link

Disney's Encanto - 4/5

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-images-6.jpeg

Watched it with kids, they thoroughly enjoyed the movie.
My 2 year old son, generally won't focus on screen more than 10 mins or so. He watched the complete movie without disturbing anyone.

+ Spectacular visual treat
+ Awesome songs, kids were glued to the screen during all the songs
+ Likable characters
+ Superb animation

- Story is not very good like some other animated movies. Felt slightly drifted in the middle of the movie

Overall this 60th animation movie from Disney is worth a watch in theaters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venkatesh (Post 5205394)
Spider Man: No Way Home will be released a day early in India on 16th December.

Attachment 2238785

Link

This has to be an IMAX experience.
My issue is I can't watch it before Monday and by then spoilers will be out everywhere. Still some movies deserve the full experience and this is one of them.

I was surprised not see any discussion on one of the horror movies in our forum.

'It Follows' is a very good movie. Very well directed and acted. Don't want to divulge any more details. Would like to hear what others think.

Dont remember where I watched it as it's been a while.

The Negotiator (1998) - 4/5

Good watch. More so because of the star cast - Samuel Jackson and Kevin Spacey. It's available on Amazon Prime.

Recently watched "Little Miss Sunshine". Was a beautiful movie, I loved all the characters and enjoyed their trip. The final performance by Olive was very unexpected. I enjoyed the movie on the whole. I hope most of you might have watched the film, if not give it a try you would most probably like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ7BZTMLImA

The Unforgivable on Netflix *ing Sandra Bullock

This was such a disappointment! I learned about this movie from an over the top episode of Kelly Clarkson’s talk show that someone forwarded where she had Bullock as a guest. I like Sandra Bullock from her 90s roles in Speed and Miss Congeniality so thought this would be worth watching. Even Gravity from a few years ago was not bad at all.

The premise itself is rather unbelievable with Bullock playing elder sister to someone who looks 35-40 years her junior. It’s really confusing and I couldn’t fathom why they wouldn’t just cast her as the mother instead. The attempt to create a dark brooding atmosphere is quite perceptible but somehow it falls flat. The supporting characters fade into boring cliches as the movie tries valiantly to portray Bullock’s central character as some kind of wronged anti-hero. The ending is not at all satisfying and plot holes are gaping (won’t reveal more to avoid spoilers).

Watch it only if you really have nothing better to do. Rated 4.5/10

Quote:

Originally Posted by noopster (Post 5213804)
The Unforgivable on Netflix *ing Sandra Bullock

Watch it only if you really have nothing better to you. Rated 4.5/10

I agree a lot with what's mentioned, but i still found it watchable. There are questions in the movie which are devoid of answers, but i'd still find the time spent watching this one better than some other movies on the online platforms these days, such as Meenakshi Sundareshan.

House of Gucci 4.5/5

Brilliant movie about the downfall of the Gucci family. Some might find it slow but the acting and the casting was really spot on. Lots of nice Italian 80's cars.

Lady Gaga kills it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 5214331)
..... but i'd still find the time spent watching this one better than some other movies on the online platforms these days, such as Meenakshi Sundareshan.

On a lighter note & totally OT, but it seems like you are scarred after watching Meenakshi Sundareshwar as it finds mention in the other movies thread as well. lol:
But I totally agree with you that Unforgivable was definitely a better watch than Meenakshi Sundareshwar!!!

Rewatched some old movies -

The 1995 release 'The Usual Suspects'. Brillant movie. The truth is right in front but we all believe the Illusion. Verbal's narration has inspired a short skit by Key & Peele as well titled 'Worlds worst Liar'.

The 2000 release 'Snatch'. A typical Guy Ritchie entertainer on similar lines as 'Lock Stock and two smoking barrels' . Loved it for the tight storyline while interweaving multiple characters.

'Kill Bill' Vol 1 & 2 - Typical Quentin Tarantino action thru and thru and savagely bloody at that.