Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-538.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Engine_Roars (Post 5065684)
Watched Wonder Woman the other day - My rating 2/5

Graphics were bad, shockingly. Looks like they were short of budget. It is a slow movie, not why watch super hero movies. Give it a pass, if you have better things to do.

Yeah, same feeling here too. The flying part especially. It reminded me of Govinda as Superman, that's how shoddy it was.
The only good parts of this flick are Pedro Pascal, and the vivid fluorescence of the 80s.

My wife just woke up to the fact that she has not watched Omen...So we binged on the first three parts.

After all these years, the first part still holds strong as a good movie! Part two was acceptable but part three was a train wreck except for Sam Neill.

Omen: 4/5
Omen 2: 2.5/5
Omen 3: 1.5/5

Army of the dead.
As with most zombie movies the story is as stupid as it can get. Characters make some dumb choices as usual and the plot with Bautistas daughter is a let down in every scene. But, action is great and pacing is very good. And that Zombie tiger is awesome. I will rate it 7.5/10 for some really good Zombie action scenes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathwalkr (Post 5065770)
My wife just woke up to the fact that she has not watched Omen...So we binged on the first three parts.

After all these years, the first part still holds strong as a good movie! Part two was acceptable but part three was a train wreck except for Sam Neill.

Omen: 4/5
Omen 2: 2.5/5
Omen 3: 1.5/5

Where are the movies played? Omen is one of the epic horror movies of all time and would like to watch it again.

Monster hunter!
Milla jovovich, Tony jaa, Ron perlman. All the together. Wow!!!
Wrong!!! Boatload of crap sailing to an island of crap in the Crap ocean on planet Crap. This is a movie so true to the video game, that it is a video game. It is so random, that you will literally be laughing at some points at its waywardness, as was Ms jovovich at some points. But her husband has made it, so i think he must have taken the garbage out, without being asked, for her to agree to do this flick.

Avoid.
2/5
1 for the special effects, and 1 for mila jovovich.

Watch the 1997 movie Breakdown, it's fantastic! Motoring freaks like us will love it especially.

I found it on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/BLbSP4Xd9yY

Wonder Woman

1/5 - 1 for Gal Gadot

Surprisingly bad for a super hero movie, story seems disjointed, action scenes badly shot, overall boring and doesn’t hold your attention.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4291656)
Bridge of Spies : A full 5 out of 5 stars.

This movie popped on my Sony Liv app and I watched it in one go. Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg, a combination that's impossible to resist. Superb movie. I'll recommend it to everyone. :thumbs up 5 out of 5. It's based on real life story of James Britt Donovan, a lawyer who went on to become a negotiator for the US government.

I was seriously pissed off after watching Wonder Woman 84. I'll give it 1 of 5. Thanks to Bridge of Spies, feeling better now. lol:

Inception: Watched Inception again after many years yesterday, on a lazy Saturday afternoon. This time I was explaining the Chris Nolan's typical complex concepts as well to her. But enjoyed the rewatch quite a lot (actually more than the first watch). Worth a rewatch :thumbs up
Rating: 4/5

The Last Exorcism 2.5/5

A real time footage (obviously not!) of a guy who performs exorcisms however does not believe in Demons. He does it to satiate the affected person and family and plays on their mind to cure them. In one such instance, the affected is actually possessed by a demon called Abalam, a follower of Paimon (King of Hell) It is an over the top acting by the lead and screenplay is more of a dialogue or interview. The end, however is interesting (not revealing) Horror movie fans watch it once on Amazon Prime it's quite interesting when you take the ending into consideration.

The Smurfs 3/5

A fantasy movie which has a lot of adages in it. Good animation, good voice overs and then NewYork City :loveit

Watch it with kids and family. Entertaining and insightful. Light hearted comedy, romance and again NYC! It should be time well spent :thumbs up

Come and See(1985)

Overall Rating - 8/10

I was browsing reddit and came upon a post that asked the most horrific movies people over there have ever watched. I clicked on it expecting some usual run of the mill hollywood horror flicks but I was surprised. According to them, the most horrifying movie isn't from the horror genre, it's a war movie. It isn't an english movie though but I don't think we have a thread for Russian movies.

Following the life of a 16 year old boy from a Nazi-occupied Belarusian village circa WW2, the movie perfectly showcases the dark period in all it's glory. I wasn't terrified by it, but was genuinely uncomfortable at some parts. Strictly not recommended for children, or for the folks who cringe at such stuff. For me, it was an eye opener and left me speechless. We tend to take minor things too seriously these days.

You can watch the movie legally on youtube with english subtitles also. Linking it below:)

https://youtu.be/NJYOg4ORc1w

Movie to avoid

"How it ends" on Netflix. Terrible movie. Complete waste of time.

Wrath of Man: 4 / 5

Jason Statham + Guy Ritchie + loads of action = Excellent watch.

I had been waiting for this for quite some time. And the outcome turned out to be great. Statham is doing what he's best known for. A mix of Transporter + Crank + The Mechanic roles, he's the one that leading and running the movie from start to end. There are several good actors in this movie like Josh Hartnett and Holt McCallany who hardly make a mark while Jason goes rogue. Complete two hours of Jason Statham action in full glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFYEni2gsK0

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 5069687)
Wrath of Man: 4 / 5

It would have been good had you mentioned where you watched it.

Wrath of Man
Typical Statham revenge movie with lots of action and body count. Doesn't feels like a Guy Ritchie movie although it's quite a fun action movie. His best work still remains Lock, stock and Two smoking barrels and Snatch.
Will rate it 7.5/10