Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-504.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neofromcapone (Post 4733753)
Apparently it is crafted as a single continuous "one-shot technique"
I wanna see it just for that.
Does it feel like that?

Yes, yes and yes! Right from the start and into the depth of the trenches, we walk along the protagonist. If there are any burning tanks or buildings, the director use a technique developed by Alfred Hitchcock way back in 1948 to overcome that hurdle. Dont let me start on the original score!

AERONAUTS . My rating 4/5. The biographical adventure story of a woman balloon pilot and a meteorologist who ride up in a balloon to break the record of 23000 feet and also study weather phenomena.

Darkest Hour - my rating 4/5.

Quote:

British Prime Minister Winston Churchill is faced with a tough choice as he must decide whether to sign a peace treaty with Adolf Hitler's Germany or continue fighting the war against them.

1917 : 4 / 5

Some movies move you with the role play of key actors in the film; some have a brilliant script and some have the world's best directors showing their true class in the movies they make. And then you have movies like 1917. Movies that take you to a different world; as if you are living with the characters, acting out the scenes with them.

1917 is one such movie - it's just a simple storyline of a day in world war 1; of a few select soldiers - but it's all one needs for the 2 hours at the hall.

Please watch it in the biggest screens you can get in your city - it's worth it!

Saw this on Amazon Prime -

Curious case of Benjamin Button : 4/5

Quite a few of my friends had mentioned this movie in the past. I had made two earlier attempts to watch it. But the way it goes about at its slow pace, I had to put it off.

Yesterday happened to be one of those days where I was in a place to go through a slow movie.

What a beautiful, thoughtful, pensive, sobering movie it was! Not too many movies around that can make you sit up and think over, this will!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPearl (Post 4734723)
Darkest Hour - my rating 4/5.

Thanks for the recommendation! Watched it on Netflix, loved it.

Indeed the darkest hour for the British. Gary Oldman is so convincing as Churchill! IMDB says "Gary Oldman spent a year studying Winston Churchill and his mannerisms before starting on the film". The king also played the role of a true "King" by giving Churchill support on a night that he badly needed it.

Had taken the day off today and caught up on a movie on netflix -

Tucker: The Man and His Dream - 3.5/5

Based on true events. Preston Tucker's passion for automobile design/engineering is brought out in quite an infectious way. However, at times, the director loses the momentum and solemness that came across as annoying (to me). I hope the movie can be remade sometime possibly with an effort worthy of 5/5 rating.

The movie also brings to focus how bigger corporations and political influence can quash smaller entrepreneurs and enterprises.

Preston was brilliant. I did not know much about him earlier, but got a chance to read up on him after/during watching of the movie.

Joker - 2.5/5

Had put in a home theater so tested it out with this movie. I thought Joaquin Phoenix did a really good job! A different take on the Joker. Will there be a sequel?

Any reviews on Bad Boys? Huuuge fan of the first movie! :D

Saw Uncut Gems last evening on Netflix and will give it 4 / 5 stars for the entertainment value, and Adam Sandler's performance. A very unconventional story of a diamond / gem trader who is facing turmoil on the financial front (of his own making), family (again, of his own making) and gambling.

Join him for a roller-coaster ride that doesn't have a single minute of boredom. Watch it this weekend!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTfJp2Ts9X8

This one is a trailer of FF9.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_qyw6L...ature=youtu.be

Bad Boys For Life - 4/5

A treat to watch the boys. Still look fresh even after 25 years. Family man Lawrence keeps it funny. Auto fans do not miss the opening scene. Keep the kids at home for this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swissknife (Post 4742619)
This one is a trailer of FF9.

[]

This is going to be worthy. All out, no questions asked ott. Typical, expected, and the best part about the franchise.

Who's the bad guy/brother in this though? Couldn't see. :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 4742632)
Who's the bad guy/brother in this though? Couldn't see. :uncontrol

John Cena. Plus Charlize Theron reprising her role.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pequod (Post 4743013)
John Cena. Plus Charlize Theron reprising her role.

Oh I believe Mayankk knew who he was but was just using the famous words of his from WWE, "You can't see me"! :)

I had stopped watching the f&f series after 5 but I liked the trailer of F&F 9. Eagerly waiting for it to hit the screens.