Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2017, 21:23   #6886
Senior - BHPian

Re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
And the official trailer of 'Avengers - Infinity war' is out :

Eagerly waiting for the release which is slated in May next year
Man this one is drool worthy. I actually caught it within moments of it releasing online. Amazing. Hope the movie turns out well too. Thanos just so badass. The way he punches iron Man to the ground. This one is going to be one hell of a movie I think!!
Old 30th November 2017, 21:31   #6887
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Man this one is drool worthy. I actually caught it within moments of it releasing online. Amazing. Hope the movie turns out well too. Thanos just so badass. The way he punches iron Man to the ground. This one is going to be one hell of a movie I think!!
I watched it too and I agree. After the disappointment that was apocalypse's movie presentation, I'm glad they've struck somewhat true to the comic characterization. I just hope they don't make a mess by just killing him off at the end.
Old 1st December 2017, 02:28   #6888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Someone mentioned that Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg are not introduced properly, which is probably right. But Flash and Aquaman's own solo movies are already shot and ready for release soon. So we will get to know them in details pretty soon. So have patience.
Its not about impatience, due to improper introduction we don't know what their capabilities are and how they will help in the fight against evil.

Quote:
And last but not least, this car is mind boggling. Is that a real production car or customized for Bruce Wayne only?

Attachment 1701072
That's the Mercedes-AMG Vision Gran Turismo Concept car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
And the official trailer of 'Avengers - Infinity war' is out :

Eagerly waiting for the release which is slated in May next year
Superb Trailer, so much to talk about yet nothing that reveals the plot. I have a feeling its going to be Epic
Old 1st December 2017, 03:43   #6889
Senior - BHPian

Anyone watched Coco? Hehe, I loved it. I could see my friend wipe away tears towards the end. Loved the movie!
Old 1st December 2017, 08:28   #6890
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Anyone watched Coco? Hehe, I loved it. I could see my friend wipe away tears towards the end. Loved the movie!
Yes, it was brilliant! I went in without much expectations but came out happy. Highly recommended!
Old 1st December 2017, 09:01   #6891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Yes, it was brilliant! I went in without much expectations but came out happy. Highly recommended!
While the movie was excellent, we could do without the never ending Frozen short movie. It had my wife checking with me, as to whether the movie was a continuation of Frozen.
Old 1st December 2017, 09:09   #6892
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
While the movie was excellent, we could do without the never ending Frozen short movie. It had my wife checking with me, as to whether the movie was a continuation of Frozen.
Yeah, my daughter infact asked me if we are in the right movie hall

It was more like an ode to the Holiday season, and once it ended and Coco started, she was like “Yay, I got to watch two movies”
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 19:03   #6893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
Oh God! Did they do that there too? It was so bad we had to check with other patrons whether we'd come to the right show!
Old 2nd December 2017, 22:06   #6894
Senior - BHPian

Just saw some debates here on Marvel and DC movies. And today found this on FB

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-1512232595492.jpg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd December 2017 at 22:11. Reason: incorrect image tags.
Old 4th December 2017, 10:03   #6895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can hardly wait for it too. Looks super and full of loads of action. I hope they integrate the Guardians of the Galaxy well within the story. Its getting really crowded now. Thanos is a true supervillian in the books, at least. Let's see how he is projected in the movie.
The Avengers Infinity War duology is certainly going to be a magnum opus of sorts, culmination of more than a decade of painstakingly building up the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). While some of them were misses, most of the MCU movies have been eminently enjoyable, most specifically the Avengers movies.

The upcoming two part Infinity War has such a huge ensemble cast that the producers were left with no option but to split it into two, especially to ensure that all the characters are given their fair share of screen time. Looking forward tosummer 2018 for this blockbuster release!!
Old 4th December 2017, 10:38   #6896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Attachment 1701719
This one is funny However, where do I go? I am a fan of both DC and Marvel. Am I the "samazdaar" (mature) person or there should be a 4th option?

I watched the award winning movie from 2006 - Letters from Iwo Jima. Mind you, 95% of the movie is in Japanese with English subtitles.Really well made movie with great acting. This is the only movie which depicts the Japanese point of view of the WWII. Worth a watch, for sure.

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-letters_from_iwo_jima.jpg
Old 4th December 2017, 12:27   #6897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. This is the only movie which depicts the Japanese point of view of the WWII. Worth a watch, for sure.
Tora Tora Tora https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tora!_Tora!_Tora!
Another WW2 movie from predominantly Japanese point of view. It's also a highly rated film.
Old 5th December 2017, 03:30   #6898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

Attachment 1701719
Hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
The Avengers Infinity War duology is certainly going to be a magnum opus of sorts, culmination of more than a decade of painstakingly building up the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe). While some of them were misses, most of the MCU movies have been eminently enjoyable, most specifically the Avengers movies.

The upcoming two part Infinity War has such a huge ensemble cast that the producers were left with no option but to split it into two, especially to ensure that all the characters are given their fair share of screen time. Looking forward tosummer 2018 for this blockbuster release!!
Yes, they would have to show how Earth is left unprotected because of the Civil War. They wont be able to fight Thanos while divided in first part and the 2nd part would be the saga of their unification to defeat Thanos.

Its going to be a long agonizing 1 year wait for the sequel :|
Old 5th December 2017, 07:03   #6899
Senior - BHPian

Watched Justice League over the weekend and it felt okay. Nothing great, but not a big waste of your time too.

Spoiler warning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
There are some other parts that I want to critique but I cant without revealing spoilers so I will refrain but excessive use of CGI to remove an actors mustache is one such.
I had no clue of this and I was wondering why his face is looking so artificial. I really thought the makers didn't get his date and used a double and digitally reconstructed the face. I had to google and find out the reason right after the movie ended. That was a big bummer! Spoiled many scenes, especially his first exchange with Flash which was really hilarious.

Speaking of heroes from comics, I saw Spider Man: Homecoming over the weekend and loved it. The effort the makers have put in really shows.
Old 5th December 2017, 13:07   #6900
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Flash of Genius: Must watch movie for car guys! Giving it 4 out of 5 stars. Story of the man who invented the intermittent wiper (and lovingly called it the blinking eye ).

GTO is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks