Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-442.html)

Watched Enemy last night and Jake Gyllenhaal has yet another strong performance.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316411/

This movie is a mystery/thriller and the interpretation of the end is up to you. There's a bunch of Quora articles and youtube videos discussing the end!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 4058686)
For all who think Interstellar is confusing, please watch Mulholland Drive. :D

If you want a holy trinity, watch Enemy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3993155)
Misconduct (2016)

Thank you for the suggestion, my friend!

Made for a good friday evening watch.

Skux life :cool: !

checked out 'hunt for the wilderpeople' over the weekend.

What a fabulous movie! Set in beautiful New Zealand, a simple story with hilarious characters. I absolutely loved the sprinkling of humor in what were otherwise mundane situations and characters. Though accent takes a little getting used to initially.

Finally watched a few English Movies after a long time:

1. Independence Day: Resurgence - Sequel to the original, below average movie 4/10
2. The Conjuring 2: Good, but not as good as the first part 7/10
3. X Men: Apocalypse : Probably the worst X-Men movie made 4/10
4. Star Trek Beyond: Decent 6/10
5. Jason Bourne: Nice Fast paced action : 7/10
6. The Nice Guys : Amazingly made movie, must watch IMO - 8/10

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4110928)
Watched Enemy last night and Jake Gyllenhaal has yet another strong performance.

Just watched it yesterday, and, indeed a very intriguing movie, the ending was abrupt and I wondered what the hell happened. My wife wasn't exactly happy with the ending, and throughout the movie she kept on giving multiple interpretations of the weird things that were happening in the movie.

Had to search web for explanation and it started making sense.

For those who thought Mullohond Drive had left you confused and yet liked it, please go ahead and watch Enemy, you will not be disappointed.

How is the new star wars movie? Is it something which can be watched by someone who does not have too much idea about the previous star wars movies? I heard its the first of individual spin offs so it should not be much of a problem right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 4058686)
For all who think Interstellar is confusing, please watch Mulholland Drive. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4110928)

There is another one which beats all of these. Its the most brain churning sci-fi/philosophical movie i have ever seen. The movie is "Primer". Every movie buff should watch it.

If you're in the mood for some lighthearted fun, watch 'Crazy Stupid Love'. Catch the movie for Ryan Gosling - what a s-t-u-d! His impeccable style in this movie was much talked about online.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iCwtxJejik

Any feedback on Deepwater horizon and Hacksaw ridge?Worth a watch in theater?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvind71181 (Post 4112895)
How is the new star wars movie? Is it something which can be watched by someone who does not have too much idea about the previous star wars movies? I heard its the first of individual spin offs so it should not be much of a problem right?

It's a decent standalone movie but ties in heavily to the original Star Wars A New Hope. Things will be much clearer and meaningful if you have watched that one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4113372)
If you're in the mood for some lighthearted fun, watch 'Crazy Stupid Love'. Catch the movie for Ryan Gosling - what a s-t-u-d! His impeccable style in this movie was much talked about online.

Yes, this one turned out to be a surprise. I was not expecting it to like to as much as I did.

I really liked Ryan Gosling in 'Drive', his understated style and the silent 'Don't mess with me attitude' all the time he goes about in the movie.

Watched 'Hell or High Water' today. It is a fantastically made bank bank heist movie. I would rate it 10/10. Jeff Bridges and Ben Foster were really great.

After a long time finally got around to watching Red. Was a really good movie to watch. Nothing serious and just a feel good movie. And what an ensemble cast!

Now to watch its sequel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arvind71181 (Post 4112895)

Absolutely, not recommended for a some one who doesn't know the star wars universe. We had company sponsored movie outing and went. Even though i watched the one that came last year ( that one was way better and was helpful to understand) this one totally assumes you know star wars. No offense to star wars fans, but I slept through the entire movie, as i could not draw any connection whatsoever. I fail to understand, how the director leaves a big audience (outside of the star wars franchise) out.

Watched collateral beauty starring Will Smith. I would say that it is kind of a philosophical movie with the Motto "Take life as it comes".