Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-424.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zee_bat (Post 3904119)
For those of you who have Netflix, watch narcos and peaky blinders. I promise they'll be worth it. Not movies but excellent tv shows.

Please use this thread for discussing Television Serials TV Shows

Stuck in office! Eagerly waiting to hear about first-hand DeadPool experience from fellow BHPians. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_steel (Post 3911679)
Stuck in office! Eagerly waiting to hear about first-hand DeadPool experience from fellow BHPians. :)

Watching it in an hour. Will update later in the evening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_steel (Post 3911679)

i think you'll be able to get running commentary from the theatre itself :uncontrol

T-20mins to launch from office clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 3911794)
Watching it in an hour. Will update later in the evening.

Thank you! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 3911812)
i think you'll be able to get running commentary from the theatre itself :uncontrol

T-20mins to launch from office clap:

I know! Out of mobile data in office. :Frustrati That combined with extreme anxiety prompted me to post. Not sure when I will be able to go though!

Now, you boys please be quiet in the theatre. Act like middle aged men!

Watching it in T-210 minutes :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_steel (Post 3911819)
Thank you! :)

Please elaborate for those who haven't reached that part of the age :uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 3911812)

We mere mortals are not connected enough to give running commentary. Or as deadpool would put it - I aint touching it when busy :uncontrol
Quote:

Originally Posted by man_of_steel (Post 3911819)

This movie is not for middle aged men.
Quote:

Originally Posted by a*ed (Post 3911891)
Watching it in T-210 minutes :D

Movie review: Slapstick comedy, great dialogues and good comic timing. The movie lives up to the trailer and general expectations but is not really haha funny. Not much of a story line and some parts of the movie are downright ugly. As usual the Indian censor board manages to ruin a lot of dialogues by muting out language and you are lip reading & trying to get the joke!!! Is it worth spending 300 bucks to watch this - NO! But if you were smart enough to buy the PVR gift card from amazon or get the voucher from crownit, then go ahead and have a laugh.

Note: Stay till the end and watch the unicorn :D

Precisely the reason I am thinking of not watching Deadpool in theatre. Our censor board is still from iron age. And why it's given an A when everything worthwhile has been cut off. High class idiocy.

Saw Deadpool yesterday. It was a non stop laugh riot. Finally a superhero movie for grown ups! I was afraid that they might have shown the best humor in the trailer itself but that was not the case. Absolutely loved the snide remarks about other superhero ventures throughout the movie, specially X Men lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by procrj (Post 3911970)
Note: Stay till the end and watch the unicorn :D

Double Note: Stay beyond the unicorn, till all the rolling credits are done, to catch a "sneak peak" of Deadpool 2:thumbs up

OMG! Deadpool is a laugh riot! My tummy was aching by the end of the movie from laughing so hard :D You should see the credits in the beginning, it's so funny! About 4mins of the movie has been edited is what I hear and some words have been muted, but that doesn't dampen the fun! Gonna watch it again next week clap:

On a scale of 5, it's a 10!

PS: stay till the end, it's worth it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 3912009)
Saw Deadpool yesterday. It was a non stop laugh riot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 3912217)
OMG! Deadpool is a laugh riot! My tummy was aching by the end of the movie from laughing so hard :D

Agree!!! Laugh riot all the way.

'A perfect day' is a good movie to watch.
Personally loved the acting and the storyline.

Deadpool

Rating: 4/5

My respect for Ryan Reynolds, and the script riders for Deadpool just went up. On a very high level, it's the introductory movie for another Marvel character (e.g. Ant Man, etc). Script-wise it's very simple - the hero has a problem, a villain of course responsible. The villain kidnaps the heroine and the hero beats the heck out of the villain. But it's a ridiculously funny movie; you have RR to thank for that!

There were several fwds on FB being floated about a lot of jokes and scenes being edited by the Indian censor board; I hope that's not the case. The movie with its goriness, nudity (both ways) and expletive-ridden dialogues is the perfect combo with all the parts included. RR's sarcasm at times is too good to miss.

Go with full expectations to be entertained. And as it is with every Marvel movie, please do not exit the hall till the very end :D

The Voices

Rating: 2.5/5

A result of RR's aura - made me go hunting for his earlier movies. Thanks to amazon prime, I had this on the roll. A pretty straightforward movie with an average script; it's RR's acting that makes it worth spending 2 hours on it. Watch it only for Reynolds, and if you have some time to kill.

Deadpool

What an awesome movie. Unlike other movies, most fun tapers off after the intermission, here it picks up

I think this is first time such a story is woven where you have a super-hero with story line being romantic, comic and action oriented. It's a fantastic blend of all of these and Ryan Reynolds steals the show with his funny super-hero acts

Plenty of profanity in the movie and thanks to our censor board most of it is cut-off. But, the pure sarcasm and analogies is going to make you grin all the way till the end

Certainly a hilarious movie and a must watch

4/5

I think this movie/documentary is going to be too good/interesting!
Watch it till the last second. Believe me its worth it!

https://youtu.be/xiWvTN_SNIw