Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-423.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayans80 (Post 3900095)
You might also want to see 'Das Boot'...

Watched Das Boot in its original German director's cut version and found it ..hmm.. OK. I would still rate Iwo Jima higher for the human side of it. The sheer helpless of the soldiers comes through better in the Japanese epic. Probably its because i felt the germans were overacting a lot.

And on the 2008 meltdown, a much better watch on how the authorities colluded with the investment bankers to bring about the 2008 collapse would be the 2010 'Inside Job' documentary. Some of the interviews shown are cringe-inducing. What's worse, it clearly shows nothing has changed post-2008 and that the same old crooks continue to hold important offices.

Bridge of Spies.

Spielberg + Tom Hanks, what can go wrong?

Bad Boys I & II

Watched in anticipation of the third instalment and the car chases!

Saw the animated movie Asterix - Mansion of the Gods (3D). If you were a fan of the Asterix comic book series, then you will enjoy this one. The characters and the nuances from the comic books are nicely brought out in the movie. If you have never read the books, it will feel like a normal animation movie. Could have been made better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_stripes (Post 3905247)
Saw the animated movie Asterix - Mansion of the Gods (3D). If you were a fan of the Asterix comic book series, then you will enjoy this one. The characters and the nuances from the comic books are nicely brought out in the movie. If you have never read the books, it will feel like a normal animation movie. Could have been made better.

thanks for the info. that was one of my fav asterix comics. shall check this out:thumbs up

Saw this movie on my Tab the other day "It follows", a creepy horror movie where death comes walking towards the victim literally ofcourse in the form of a human. The plot is if a person is tagged by death he has to deflect same by passing on the curse to someone else. If that someone to whom the curse is passed on is killed then it comes back to the original person.

Also watched " Ouija" calling of spirits stuff. It was a ok movie to watch and i have read there is a sequel coming up. Also liked the movie "Intersections" which is about how a bunch of people end up in the middle of the desert due to a accident.

Hateful Eight 4/10

Watched the Hateful Eight last night. Love Tarantino movies but this was a letdown. The first half was a drag. Second half was paced quite well. Not in any means a memorable movie by Tarantino. Was so bad I heard someone snoring loudly in the seat behind me :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenroy (Post 3905879)
Hateful Eight 4/10

Watched the Hateful Eight last night. Love Tarantino movies but this was a letdown. The first half was a drag. Second half was paced quite well. Not in any means a memorable movie by Tarantino. Was so bad I heard someone snoring loudly in the seat behind me :)

Ah man! I had such high hopes for that :eek:

Got through to EP4 of the star war series. Two more to go to catch up :deadhorse

Been catching up on some clint eastwood movies which i missed out. absolute power was nice. now onto space cowboys

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathwalkr (Post 3905887)
Ah man! I had such high hopes for that :eek:

Got through to EP4 of the star war series. Two more to go to catch up :deadhorse

Been catching up on some clint eastwood movies which i missed out. absolute power was nice. now onto space cowboys

By all means go ahead and watch it. But it will not be one of those "aasome" Tarantino movies that make you want to watch it again and again. And again.

Yeah, I've been on a Clint Eastwood trip too. Some of his not-so-famous movies are also awesome. :)

Clint Eastwood is the man! Grew up watching his westerns. Thanks Dad :)

And yes some of his not so famous movies are indeed awesome.

Star world HD is showing Game of thrones Season 1 to 5 from Feb 15th

Quote:

Originally Posted by csnanjappa (Post 3905908)
Star world HD is showing Game of thrones Season 1 to 5 from Feb 15th

With all the censorship half the plot would be lost i presume :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathwalkr (Post 3905914)
With all the censorship half the plot would be lost i presume :Frustrati

I have HD dump downloaded for all the seasons , but would you suggest watching the dumps are Start World binge ( does the censored portion affect the story line or plot ?

dude by all means watch the dump. no ads, no censorships. cant go wrong :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenroy (Post 3905879)
Hateful Eight 4/10

I saw it a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it, but gruesome here and there as expected. But overall one of the best movies I have seen for a long time
Jeroen

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeroen (Post 3906026)
I saw it a few weeks ago. Really enjoyed it, but gruesome here and there as expected. But overall one of the best movies I have seen for a long time
Jeroen

Same here. Definitely more than 4 out of 10.