Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-412.html)

If you hate bad casting, loose acting, lost-or-high kind of "flow" to the "story", then save your 200 INR & do NOT buy a ticket of this movie : "The Transporter - Refueled".
Watch 'stunt driving Audi' or 'Audi commercials' on youtube & call it a good save.

Seriously, after what J. Statham did with Transporter series this does not really deserve the same name.

The lead's "personality/character" could easily pass off as the nameless_guy in any B-grade movie.

Plot level - very well below childish.
Cinematography - was just based on "slow mo while car drifts" + Drone cameras, everywhere.
Story - hahahahah :Frustrati

Easily one of the worst movies I have watched in quite some time.

My rating : 1/10 ( that 1 is just for shooting the car in motion )

Ace.

When I went hoME, I checked IMDB, just to make sure it wasn't a spoof. It isn't.
But even if it was, even then, it was bad. REAL bad.

Watched "Spirited Away" - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245429/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Very good animation movie by Hayao Miyazaki. I am looking forward to watching this movie with my nieces who are in 9th and 5th standard. I am sure that they would love this movie.

Rating - 5/5

#32 on IMDB top 250. This director also has four other movies on IMDB top 250 list that I am yet to watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by driverace (Post 3796327)
Plot level - very well below childish.
Cinematography - was just based on "slow mo while car drifts" + Drone cameras, everywhere.
Story - hahahahah :Frustrati

Totally agree, went to the movie with high expectations. But was seriously disastrous as if watching an Audi commercial. Story was bad, acting pathetic, ruined the 'Transporter' series.

To forget the movie, watched 'Agent 47' immediately and turned out to be way better than Transporter. Although nothing phenomenal, but is worth a watch.

Guys!

Anyone watched Agent 47 yet?

As per initial reviews, it seems to be a terrible movie, nowhere near Hitman the game.

Any pointers? I'm in two minds whether to watch it or not.

I'm definitely NOT going to watch The Transporter-Refueled though :P thanks to Maverick & driverace.

I had seen the trailer of Transporter 4 & realised that it's not worth. I infact was thinking that it may be a TV series. The only thing good about the trailer was the Audi.

Had to bear two very bad movies over the last weekend, Agent 47 and the Transporter Refuelled.

Stupid plot, bad acting and pathetic direction.

Will rate both of them 1/5.

Epic waste of time. Please avoid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sourav9385 (Post 3797519)
Guys!
Anyone watched Agent 47 yet?
As per initial reviews, it seems to be a terrible movie, nowhere near Hitman the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trek (Post 3797755)
Had to bear two very bad movies over the last weekend, Agent 47 and the Transporter Refuelled.

There was a movie by the name Hitman, released in 2007 or so. Based on the Hitman game. Was pretty decent during that time. Check it out.

EDIT:: Just now checked IMDB, 6.3 rated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasoo (Post 3769200)
Ex-Machina: The anti-hero character has performed excellent and tends to remind me of some of my old bosses in terms of subtlety while being forceful ! - 4.5/5

If you mean the role of Nathan, then it is played by Oscar Isaac. He gave a stupendous performance earlier in 'A Most Violent Year' released not too long ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 (Post 3797768)
There was a movie by the name Hitman, released in 2007 or so. Based on the Hitman game. Was pretty decent during that time. Check it out.

Yep. Have already seen that movie multiple times and yes it is pretty decent.

I'm a big fan of the Hitman franchise, so was quite looking forward to watching Agent 47.

However, it seems there isn't even an iota of resemblance to the original character portrayed in the games.

So we're gonna pass. No movies this weekend :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by driverace (Post 3796327)
If you hate bad casting, loose acting, lost-or-high kind of "flow" to the "story", then save your 200 INR & do NOT buy a ticket of this movie : "The Transporter - Refueled".
Watch 'stunt driving Audi' or 'Audi commercials' on youtube & call it a good save.

My rating : 1/10 ( that 1 is just for shooting the car in motion )

But even if it was, even then, it was bad. REAL bad.

Thanks for the review. It saved me time & money. There is a reason a certain franchise are successful. Bourne & Transporter to name a couple. The moment you take that out there is big void& its going one way...

Rise of the Krays.

Follows the rise of the kray brothers in post war London, and their rise as brutal underworld figures. Very good focus on the schizophrenia of Ronnie, and the violence perpetrated.
Very tight, very violent depiction. And extremely well presented.
Do watch.
5/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by joslicx (Post 3752747)
The order is 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3
Or to be more exact with the names:

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Star Wars
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

/enjoy

All these years, I honestly kept away from watching the Star Wars series because I thought it was over-hyped. But after being inspired by this thread, went ahead and watched it. I ended up in a marathon - watched 4 in one go!

Saw "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl" last night. Quite simply one of the best independent movies I have ever seen. It may not be everybody's cup of tea though.

Off late Star Movies Select HD and MN+HD have been showing classy movies..Its simply a treat to watch. Men of Honour, Unforgiven etc to name a few in the last few days. And some unknown ones as well like The Brave One...It is a break from the previous monotonous routine where known movies were repeated a zillion times !!!

How does the public here feel about Black Mass?

The wife and I gave it a go on a weeknight, and came out of the theater pretty disappointed. Apart from Johnny Depp, there really isn't much to watch or admire in this film. Yes, Depp does look scary in his role. Yes, his Boston accent is spot on. But there is really nothing else to watch in the movie apart from him. Benedict Cumberbatch's role just isn't long enough to let him make any worthwhile contribution to the film, and that's really very sad.

I'd be really generous if I gave the movie anything more than a 7. So, I'm giving it a 6/10, solely because of Depp's screen presence and acting prowess. Watch it only if you're into slow moving films with really abrupt and hollow endings.