Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-36.html)

Quote:

Don't know if it's already mentioned here. Anybody likes Dog Day Afternoon?
Fantastic performance by Al Pacino and a wonderful script. It is based on real life events though.

Hey, I like the Mad Max series, as well as the Escape from.....series (strring Kurt Russell):D. That cannot be as bad as watching Kisna in the theatre I am sure. A cousin dragged me to see Prem ( constipated Sanjay Kapoor singing Aati Nahin....) in a theatre. Couldn't stand it beyond 15 mins. Rather, I slept off after that. Would have much preferred Mad Max anyday.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 1336957)
Attachment 145523
Saw The Ghost And the Darkness Yesterday. Its a brilliant movie based on a true story that happened in South Africa during the late 19th Century. It stars Val Kilmer & Michael Douglas who are simply superb in their acts.

Its about the menace created by two Man eaters. The movie has brilliant direction & some seats really get you to the edge of your seat. Some of the scenes are a bit Gory through.

Was based on the lions of Tsavo in East africa .. The lions there are still considered the fiercest in Africa. Yes a superbly narrated spine chilling movie.

Saw the new Star trek movie . Only one word for it. Insane! By far the best of the star trek movies. The build up of the characters is superb!!. A must see for all star trek fans ..:thumbs up

Rating : 5/5 ( Could not think of anything to cut any pts whatsoever ).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen (Post 1337382)
Don't know if it's already mentioned here. Anybody likes Dog Day Afternoon?

It's mentioned in post no. 452 of this thread.

Watched Coraline yesterday. A mix of animation and horror. I think it was originally a 3D movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anurag_p80 (Post 1333720)
You mean Christian Bale, of course. See some of his early work if you really like him- specially Empires of the sun (he is the kid) and American Psycho (Awesome, but gory. Not for the faint of stomach:D)

my bad stupid:

also saw both the other movies too, both are quite good. worth watching at least once.

anybody saw Charlie Wilson's War?

it stars Tom Hanks, Amy Adams, Julia Roberts, Om puri.

Its a great movie. very good performance by Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts.

A must watch.

i happened to see star trek today in the theatre - its a good movie - kind of like the prequel to how captain james kirk, spock and the rest of the crew came into being - i am guessing they may make this a series of movies. Although the movie was nothing amazing, it was good and the series has some promise if delivered well with a good storyline :)
my rating 4/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevelle (Post 1338168)
anybody saw Charlie Wilson's War?

it stars Tom Hanks, Amy Adams, Julia Roberts, Om puri.

The leftist in me was fuming while I watched the movie for its brazenly anti-Russia portrayal of the Afghan war. At the end of the movie however there was an acknowledgment of how America would have messed up big time in the long run.

And I thought Gen Zia was much more handsome than Om Puri.

Has anyone seen " Donnie Brasco" starring Johnny Depp and Al Pacino?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1339145)

I saw it last month. it is a good true life story of Johnny Depp being an undercover FBI agent. A rare occasion where Al Pacino is not "in command" and is only a henchman. He does a good job in this role too.

Quote:

Yeps. Decent movie. Johnny Depp is the undercover FBI agent trying to infiltrate some crime family through a low-level hitman, called Lefty played by Pacino. Pacino in the disillusioned family-life-gone-to-hell mafia hitman is good. Also has Michael Madsen as Sonny and Anne Heche as Depp's wife. Good gripping pace. Worth a watch, definitly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suvi (Post 1339171)
I saw it last month. it is a good true life story of Johnny Depp being an undercover FBI agent. A rare occasion where Al Pacino is not "in command" and is only a henchman. He does a good job in this role too.

Yup. It might not have been as popular as one expects a Pacino movie to be but neverthless a good watch.

Thanks guys, i am looking forward to it then. All my favorites, Depp, Pacino and I like Madsen too. He was super cool in RD and Kill Bill:)

Happened to watch The Straight Story today, good movie IMO.
A 70 year old man wants to meet his ailing brother some 300 miles away, to whom he has not spoken, in the last 10 years!! Not having a license and not wanting to catch a bus, he embarks on the journey on his rusty old lawn mower.

It is quite slow but what makes it special is the fact that its actually been done. Its a true story.

Would give it 3.5/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dry Ice (Post 1339646)
Happened to watch The Straight Story today, good movie IMO.
A 70 year old man wants to meet his ailing brother some 300 miles away, to whom he has not spoken, in the last 10 years!! Not having a license and not wanting to catch a bus, he embarks on the journey on his rusty old lawn mower.

It is quite slow but what makes it special is the fact that its actually been done. Its a true story.

Would give it 3.5/5

agree:

watched it maybe last year and its really different movie though a very slow one, but worth watching nevertheless