Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-355.html)

The Kings of Summer

Didn't have any expectations, but the movie turned out to the best I've watched in a few weeks. Right mix of comedy and emotions. Great acting by the three central characters and Nick Offerman. At 90 mins, the movie is short and sweet. It's reminiscent of boyhood; what we've all gone through at some point in our adolescence. :)

The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)-mv5bmtc3oda1nti0mv5bml5banbnxkftztcwote4otuzoq._v1_sx214_.jpg

Watched The Conjuring last night. It was really scary without any gory details. On top of that I watched it in theatre in 12.30am show. Was really scared coming back :).

I don't watch horror movies regularly, so I can't compare it with other horror movies. But I loved this movie.

Rating 4.5/5

We are the millers:

What a lame movie. predictable story line and the movie is quite a drag at a lot of places. I would rate it a 1/5. Please don't even bother a free screening on star movies / HBO.

Watched-The Butterfly Effect (quite old, I know), yesterday. Awesome movie, left me quite disturbed actually. A must watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gandhi (Post 3231825)
Watched The Conjuring last night. It was really scary without any gory details. On top of that I watched it in theatre in 12.30am show. Was really scared coming back :).

I don't watch horror movies regularly, so I can't compare it with other horror movies. But I loved this movie.

Rating 4.5/5

If you liked 'The Conjuring', watch this film called 'Insidious'. It's directed by James Wan and is quite a scary movie. Other recent horror films worth watching are:

Dark Skies and Evil Dead (2013 re-make) - this one's a bit heavy on the gore though.

looking forward to this one! grew up watching the series :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INmtQXUXez8

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 3233393)

I still watch this whenever it's on. :)
But isn't there a massive departure? In that, he is aware of who he was from the start?
Can't wait for this now, and hope there's no "dark" treatment here.

Guys, I saw a movie quite a while back but am unable to remember is name. ... Can someone help me out? It's an old English movie where a group of mercenaries are hired to take over an island.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akshay S (Post 3235455)
Guys, I saw a movie quite a while back but am unable to remember is name. ... Can someone help me out? It's an old English movie where a group of mercenaries are hired to take over an island.

not sure, but sounds like Dogs of War or the Dirty Dozen.

Oh yes it was Dogs of war. Thanks a lot for the click :)

Saw 6 movies enroute to Phoenix , here is the list with my rating:

1. Hangover III - 1/5
2. Deadfall - 2.5/5
3. Fast and Furious 6 - 1/5
4.Mud 2.5/5
5.Olympus has fallen - 1/5
6. Side effects - incomplete

Riddick - 1/5

After the second leg of the series over a decade ago, I had quite a lot of expectations from the third leg. But nothing of that sort happened. With a storyline that is almost a replica of the first movie, and no absolute logic in why and how the story moves, it's a complete waste; all the more if you are a fan of this series.

Riddick - 0/5
Not worth watching even if you get the tickets for free! Waste of 2 hours! Only good thing was, it put me to sleep for the 2 hours!
It has nothing to write home about! No BGM, no story. It was so pointless!
My verdict: Please stay away! Dont waste your 120 bucks!

Just a reminder, Rush is releasing this Friday (20th Sep) clap:

Will definitely be a movie to watch for us Formula 1 and automobile lovers. Has been receiving very good reviews, it may be an Oscar contender come year end. Currently at 95% Fresh Rating on Rottentomatoes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKAr42gxjhM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 3233393)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3233529)
I still watch this whenever it's on. :)
But isn't there a massive departure? In that, he is aware of who he was from the start?
Can't wait for this now, and hope there's no "dark" treatment here.

While I too am eager to watch it, I wonder how much relevant Robocop would be today when Ironman is the current human Robot superhero.

Watched a couple of movies in last few days

Oblivion

I am starting to mark Tom Cruise to "Do Not Watch" category. He looks & feels the same in all movies. The movie had two things to watch out for Morgan Freeman & those amazing Drones. Storyline is nice but predictable.

2.5/5

Star Trek - Into the Darkness

I am kicking myself for missing it in Theaters, I had low expectation but boy did it surprise. The Character depiction is so true to the original, the special affects were great.

Did anyone watch the last bit, I got goosebumps when they started playing the original theme Song along with the Famous line which William Shatner used to say

4/5

Now You See Me

I was waiting for this movie to be available on DVD as I missed watching it in Theater. This one of the best magic based movies that i have seen in long time. The plot keeps you at the edge of your seat & it does not disappoint.

Without revealing too much, its a must watch.

4/5