Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 22:33   #3871
BHPian

re: The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)

Planing to watch Cars2(3D). Which is the best theatre to watch 3D in Bangalore and which seat is the best - closer to screen/farther from screen?
Old 8th July 2011, 08:24   #3872
BHPian

After reading reviews here about Transformers 3, feeling happy that i have reserved my seats in INOX 3D this Sunday. First time 3D watching experience for my better half, thrilled!!!
Old 10th July 2011, 20:52   #3873
BHPian

Watched Transformers 3 in 3D today, here in Budapest. An absolute waste of money. Its better than the second part, but it still felt like sitting through a video game.

2.5/5
Old 11th July 2011, 22:35   #3874
Senior - BHPian

Saw Following Movies

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

The movie picks up from where the first one Ended, GG coming out of Prison. He writes a book & becomes famous. This time its about young Achiever Jacob played by Shia LaBeouf. He works in the financial firm which is sees downfall thanks to a false rumor by some & also because they are unable to secure money from Federal Reserve(Remember Lehman Brothers).

The rest of the movie is about Jacob taking a revenge, Bringing his family together & the 2008 Financial Meltdown.

Frankly the movie was quite disappointing, It lacked the suaveness & crisp storyline of the first one. There are too many relationships in the movie & not all of them make much sense to the main story. Looked liked the directors wanted to cash in on the crash of 2008 thats all.

I must say though that I am pretty impressed by Shia LaBeouf's acting he played a completely different character than the one in Transformers

2.5/5

I Am Number Four

The movie starts with killing of kid who is apparently special in some ways by some Aliens (who look similar to Human beings give & take a few facial muscles ). Next is the story of young charming boy who has to keep moving from places so that he is not identifiable on the internet or other places.

Without going into the story, the movie in concept is the similar to the Twilight Saga which again is about unusual love between a Human & another species. The movie focuses too much on the Teenage aspects of the main character instead of explaining the entire phenomenon behind the numbers. we see some action towards the ending but nothing much is shared about the background or otherwise of the title.

The overall direction is crisp & nice, its just that it deviates a lot from the topic one would expect from the movie's title.

2.5/5
Old 11th July 2011, 23:35   #3875
Senior - BHPian

Transformers : Dark of the Moon - After the first two, I had set my expectations correctly, and thus did not experience a mental breakdown after watching this.
Good graphics, good camerawork, good background score.
I wish films like these came out when I was in my pre-teens.
I would give this 4/5 - exactly due to the fact that it matched my (revised) expectations from this franchise.
Old 12th July 2011, 17:09   #3876
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched "Out of time" starring Denzel Washington.

What a movie. Simply one of the best thrillers that will keep you engrossed and rooting for Denzel. And, for a change, a few love scenes for DW which is kind of unimaginable.

Remade in hindi as "Zeher". Carbon Copy

3.5/5

P.S: Next in Line "The Sentinel" starring Michael Douglas. Reviews please?
Old 12th July 2011, 17:16   #3877
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Decent Thriller - 3/5.

About the White House & White House Security Detail.
carboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 11:08   #3878
Senior - BHPian

Down periscope: Brilliant movie of a run down diesel submarine which is given a motley crew and how they rise up to the occasion. Brilliant comedy and a must watch for all.

4/5

25th Hour: An ed norton movie where he is a gangster given a day before he goes to jail and how he deals with it. Brilliant shots and dialogues. Must watch the rant he has in it.

3.5/5
Old 13th July 2011, 12:02   #3879
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
P.S: Next in Line "The Sentinel" starring Michael Douglas.
Watched this movie and it was an excellent thriller with emphasize on how white house security detailing happens and how things can go horribly wrong if there is a mole found in the secret service.

MD was superb as usual and Kiefer Sutherland was equally good and was almost marching along foot to foot.

I was pleasantly surprised to see my yester years hot actress Kim Basinger in this movie. Even though a bit old, she still looked ravishing in the movie.

Overall, its a very good watch

3.5/5

P.S: Next in line " Wild Things : Diamonds in the rough" I think this is the third part. I loved the first part. Reviews please?
Old 13th July 2011, 12:44   #3880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
" Wild Things : Diamonds in the rough"
Waste of time IMO. There is simply no comparison to the 1st version.

To be honest, I did not (could not) sit through the entire length of the film. It was quite a torture. Very very mediocre acting from the cast.
Old 16th July 2011, 09:57   #3881
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Waste of time IMO. There is simply no comparison to the 1st version.

To be honest, I did not (could not) sit through the entire length of the film. It was quite a torture. Very very mediocre acting from the cast.
Yup. You were right. This part was an insult to the original movie. Infact, they copied several scenes including the lecture in school room and using that boat on the swamps etc. But, acting was pathetic and everyone was just hamming around.

Matt Dillion and Denise Richards were core reason for 1st part success. In this movie, everyone is a wannabe.

0/5

P.S: Next in line " Walking Tall" starring Dwayne Johnson ( The Rock). Heard its a good action movie. Reviews please?
Old 16th July 2011, 14:03   #3882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup. You were right. This part was an insult to the original movie. Infact, they copied several scenes including the lecture in school room and using that boat on the swamps etc. But, acting was pathetic and everyone was just hamming around.

Matt Dillion and Denise Richards were core reason for 1st part success. In this movie, everyone is a wannabe.

0/5

P.S: Next in line " Walking Tall" starring Dwayne Johnson ( The Rock). Heard its a good action movie. Reviews please?
Its a good one time watch.
Some good action sequences to watch out for.
Old 17th July 2011, 11:40   #3883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Its a good one time watch.
Some good action sequences to watch out for.
Bigflix messed up big time. They sent me Walking Tall-3 ( Lone Justice) starring Kevin Sorbo

It was one made by an amateur with C-grade ethics and quality discipline ( probably budget too) and looked almost like a documentary

It can be given a royal miss

0/5

P.S: Next in line " X-Men-2" starring Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry. Reviews please?

I didnt see the 1st part, latest part which is the prequel but, saw the wolverine one which was awesome.

How would this part rate amongst all or wolverine?
Old 18th July 2011, 14:15   #3884
BHPian

Quote:

Have you heard of this '80's horror / thriller movie called "The Sentinel". It's based on a book by Jeffery Konvitz. Not a bad watch if you're a horrorhead like me!
Old 18th July 2011, 14:24   #3885
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
P.S: Next in line " X-Men-2" starring Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry. Reviews please?

I didnt see the 1st part, latest part which is the prequel but, saw the wolverine one which was awesome.

How would this part rate amongst all or wolverine?
Origins:wolverine is the worst, production wise, i mean.
The characters are the best of the lot, especially deadpool/wade/ryan reynolds, but presentation was poor.

X2 is really nice,well done, and grippy,mostly due to kurt wagner(nightcrawler).
The opening sequence in the oval office HAD to be seen on the big screen.
overall, good to go for a bigtub and large coke!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks