Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-243.html)

Watched the trilogy of "Back to the Future", and absolutely loved it.
Rating from me: 5/5
Anybody who even remotely likes sci-fi must watch this. Also, the DeLorean is a treat :)

Saw Fast 5, complete rip off from Dhoom 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by khoj (Post 2346158)
Saw Fast 5, complete rip off from Dhoom 1.

If you are going to watch Fast 5 , I suggest you leave your mind outside the hall. 2 Chargers pulling away ,a room sized, safe and drifting all over the city with it... you got to be kidding me!:uncontrol

^^
:D
that IS the draw of the whole series, no?
"phekoo" sequences!
You gotta admit though, that safe bit?
it was awesomely presented!!
never seen such carnage since bad boys 2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vagu (Post 2346197)
If you are going to watch Fast 5 , I suggest you leave your mind outside the hall. 2 Chargers pulling away ,a room sized, safe and drifting all over the city with it... you got to be kidding me!:uncontrol

Charger main mast power hai beedu lol:

Sachi main but i wouldnt try the safe trick

Anyone wants to challenge if dhoom series will end first or fast and furious series?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamik.bose (Post 2345950)
Watched the trilogy of "Back to the Future", and absolutely loved it.
Rating from me: 5/5
Anybody who even remotely likes sci-fi must watch this. Also, the DeLorean is a treat :)

Its such a nice time pass. Esp liked Christopher Llyod (Doc) in all three.
I first watched this 8 years back, when i was searching for all Spielberg's movies and I can still watch all three parts at one go. Its fun.

Watched "Hachiko" a couple of days back with the wife. Beautiful movie, would rate it 3.5 on 5.

The only thing I did not like much was the music in the film. Very mono tone and does not have the intonation depicting the mood of the scene.

PS - the "Akitas" (dog breed) in the movie, right from the tiny pup to the adult are just fabulous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad (Post 2346642)
Watched "Hachiko" a couple of days back with the wife. Beautiful movie, would rate it 3.5 on 5.

Me also seen quite a no. of time. The scene where Hachi brings back the ball for the first time to Richard Gere to prevent him to go for work brings tears in my eyes everytime.

Though I have no pet dog - I wish I had one after seeing the movie!!

Fast Five. 2 hours of my life i will never get back.
I can't remember a movie more stupid than this one in even not so recent past. It even beats Torque on the brain damage front.
Bad acting, paper napkin script, stunts from a world devoid of any laws of physics.
Good thing we can't curse here. Otherwise this post would have been really really long.

0.1/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 2347419)
I can't remember a movie more stupid than this one in even not so recent past.

You should watch "I love Huckabees". After that every movie feels better. Wait, you don't have to watch the whole movie either.

Just watch the trailer here: IMDb Video: I Heart Huckabees

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2347444)
You should watch "I love Huckabees". After that every movie feels better. Wait, you don't have to watch the whole movie either.

I remember watching this movie in parts on the telly. And most of the time i was thinking to myself that if it has cast like Dustin Hoffman, Mark Wahlberg, Naomi Watts, Jude Law then there must be something to it. I filed it under "Might give it another shot some other time when i have nothing else to do"

But Fast 5 went straight to "Regret"

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 2347419)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 2347444)
You should watch "I love Huckabees". After that every movie feels better.

It is not in English (save for the title) but Naughty@40 has everything else beat when it comes to sheer @%&*@((&@((@%$^~##!

Saw the movie Being John Malkovich, a movie where a struggling puppeteer finds a portal that leads him inside the body of a famous star, John Malkovich. It's a black comedy and I like it's original script. I had questions like, "What happens if Malkovich went into his own portal?" and such questions were answered. Insanely brilliant movie with some great acting. Guess I am the first one to review this movie on this thread :p

Will rate it a 4.5/5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prateekm (Post 2347497)
Saw the movie Being John Malkovich, Guess I am the first one to review this movie on this thread :p

Will rate it a 4.5/5.

LOL yeah i think you are the first one. But i think you are posting in the wrong thread. BJM belongs here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...re-cinema.html

Still, it was a great movie. The scene where Malkovich goes inside his own brain is sheer genius!

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 2347518)
LOL yeah i think you are the first one. But i think you are posting in the wrong thread. BJM belongs here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...re-cinema.html

Still, it was a great movie. The scene where Malkovich goes inside his own brain is sheer genius!

Oh, I didn't know there was another topic related to this. Thanks for redirecting, just checked the other topic and looks like I have a lot of catching up to do :)