Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-239.html)

Has anyone seen 'Just Go With It'.

Plan to watch it tonight, reviews please.

^^

Nothing much to write about it. Decent one time watch with your W/GF :-).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post2311127

Watched Butterfly Effect (2004) today, I really liked the movie. It was gripping and keeps you thinking (although it's not a complex to understand movie). I watched the Director's cut and after going through some posts in IMDB about the alternate ending for theatrical version I watched that ending too. But I found the Director's Cut ending to be much more comprehensive and ties most of the loose ends although it's bit dark in nature.
Anyway, 7.5/10 for me. I didn't like the acting of the mother of the protagonist but others did well.

Watched Rango last evening. Firstly, this is not a movie for kids nor is it like those Disney films full of emotional overdoses. The movie is about a chameleon who finds it hard to blend in. He reaches a wild west kind of town called Dirt which is inhabited by desert animals. Dirt is in the middle of a major drought and the movie is about a quest for water. Though the movie is animated, it's not over the top like Shrek. Most of the humor is via the screenplay and is quite subtle at times. The animation is gorgeous. Finally someone has made an animated film for a mature audience without the need for cute ( I hate that word), fuzzy characters. Fans of cowboy western movies will really enjoy this film as it pays homage to a lot of the old classics. Good for a one time watch.
6.5 out of 10

I am watching "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind" now and at around 11 mins 30 secs in the movie, there is song from movie "Guide"(not sure) playing in background. Song "Mera man tere liye payasa".
Wonder where they got hold of this song.

And now song from Movie "Love story" too. Man did they pay royalty?

Watched "Fun with Dick and Jane" starring Jim Carrey

After a long time, saw a movie through Bigflix as my membership had expired and couldnt renew it in time.

It's a nice movie, very pleasant with movie veering towards happiness, sadness and a little bit of humour thrown in.

I wouldnt categorize this movie as a comedy movie at all but, more like a drama.

Worth watching once

3/5

P.S: Next in line " Striking Distance" starring Bruce Willis.Any reviews?

P.S- 2 : I renewed my yearly Bigflix membership this week by paying Rs.2800 for 1-DVD after getting a 20% discount ( Original price is Rs.3500).

Apart from this discount, they also gave me "2 couple tickets" which i can redeem before Sep 30, 2011.

This is how the couple ticket works :-

1. One couple ticket is for 2 people and can be availed only for "one-way ticket" "anywhere" in India.

2. I pay only Rs.1499 for each ticket. For a couple ticket, it's Rs.2998.

Essentially, I get 4 tickets for Rs.6000 for any destination in India. It's a super duper offer, isn't it?:thumbs up

Saw 'Hanna', absolutely amazing movie. Amazing cinematography, amazing story. Highly recommended.

Also saw 'Paul', very funny and with a good story too. Another highly recommended flick to enjoy.

I'm looking forward to the Summer blockbusters- Transformers 3, Cars 2, The Hangover 2, Green Lantern and the final Pirates of the Caribbean

Ok my friend from the US just called and i checked out the reviews and also the trailer and i really like it.

I do not know when it is going to release in India but there is a film starring Ed Helms and John C. Reilly and the movie's name is Cedar Rapids. I guess it will be a must watch comedy.

Just watched 'Just Go With It' starring Adam Sandler and Jennifer Aniston. Nothing new in this movie, just your average rom-com, with Sandler acting like a goof, and Aniston trying to act like a goof. BTW the plot seems to be the same as 2005's 'Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya', starring Kartina, Salman and Sushimta.

Overall, standard time pass fare: 2/5 (1.5/5 if you have already seen Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya).

P.S. Any idea when 'Fast Five' is releasing in India, as i'm really looking forward to it. Also, Thor is releasing on April 29, saw the ads in today's TOI :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 2325034)
P.S- 2 : I renewed my yearly Bigflix membership this week by paying Rs.2800 for 1-DVD after getting a 20% discount ( Original price is Rs.3500).

Well, I renewed my yearly seventymm subscription for Rs 1500/- for 1-DVD plan; didn't get any tickets though :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeper1941 (Post 2325143)
Transformers 3, Cars 2, The Hangover 2, Green Lantern and the final Pirates of the Caribbean

Add fast and furious to that list :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsfreak (Post 2326039)
Add fast and furious to that list :)

+thor, X-men, Ghost rider as well!!
bleak 2010, looks to be a good 2011!

Add KungFu Panda 2 to the list :D

"His enemies would go blind by sheer awesomeness" One of my favorite lines in the movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfheart (Post 2322096)
The animation is gorgeous. Finally someone has made an animated film for a mature audience without the need for cute ( I hate that word), fuzzy characters. Fans of cowboy western movies will really enjoy this film as it pays homage to a lot of the old classics. Good for a one time watch.
6.5 out of 10

I think you will enjoy "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" , if you haven't already watched it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spitfire (Post 2326061)
Add KungFu Panda 2 to the list :D

"His enemies would go blind by sheer awesomeness" One of my favorite lines in the movie.

Spitfire, you just made me giggle in the office. Its my favourate line from the awesome panda too. On a serious note, any ides when is it going to be released or is it already spreading awesomeness. sorry i am going over the top.:D