Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-23.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 1297807)
Never liked Steven Seagal though. Looks too oily moily.
And for some reason, always reminds me of Rajesh Khanna

He is a bad actor, so was Bruce Lee. But then we watch their movies for the fights, not their acting.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 1297823)
He is a bad actor, so was Bruce Lee. But then we watch their movies for the fights, not their acting.:)

:) i didnt say anything about his acting skills or fighting skills. I just dont like his face. He seems in perpetual need of an oil control face cream.
I wont like Rajesh Khanna also if he indulged in kungfu judo karate etc etc with a smile pasted on his face all the time.

Quote:

He is a bad actor, so was Bruce Lee. But then we watch their movies for the fights, not their acting.

well Bruce Lee was never really acting in his movies - he was mostly fighting or trying to explain his philosophy on the martial arts. However most people don't really understand the things he is trying to explain, even today. As I understood from the footage in "the warrior's journey", we would have seen a lot if "game of death" was ever completed the way he saw it - both in terms of fights as well philosophy :).
ahh well we need to survive on enter the dragon, way of the dragon, chinese connection and big boss, great movies to catch on a weekend :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_Safari (Post 1294847)
Yes the idea of both the movies are the same.

I am planning to watch 'The Uninvited' this weekend. Any reviews of this movie?

Well? wicked story right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratos (Post 1297146)
Star Trek : I went to see this movie as I have been a fan of the old television series and would watch each and every episode when I was in school. The movie was good, nothing spectacular. I missed the original music and soundtrack from Star Trek:The Next Generation

Saw the yet to be announced touch screen Nokia?

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by amitoj (Post 1297922)
:) i didnt say anything about his acting skills or fighting skills. I just dont like his face. He seems in perpetual need of an oil control face cream.
I wont like Rajesh Khanna also if he indulged in kungfu judo karate etc etc with a smile pasted on his face all the time.

Guys guys! lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jassi (Post 1297973)
well Bruce Lee was never really acting in his movies - he was mostly fighting or trying to explain his philosophy on the martial arts. However most people don't really understand the things he is trying to explain, even today.

I own a few books of his, so I generally understand his philosophy. But whenever he is not fighting in his movies, he is terrible to watch. The Chinese Connection does have some acting, which is bad, he almost acts like Mr.Bean in Rome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 1297792)
His only A grade movie is Undersiege, may be that credit should go to Tommy Lee Jones.

No sir, that credit should go to Erika Eleniak, lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 1298045)
No sir, that credit should go to Erika Eleniak, lol.

Miss July? Actually, I didn't realise she was a real Miss July until now. Ok, she can get some credit too. But Tommy Lee delivered the best performance and dialogues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 1298019)
I own a few books of his, so I generally understand his philosophy. But whenever he is not fighting in his movies, he is terrible to watch. The Chinese Connection does have some acting, which is bad, he almost acts like Mr.Bean in Rome.

I own only one book "the tao of jeet kune do" :) However I believe he progressed beyond this state and this book does not represent all that he wanted to say!
he is actually mr. bean in rome - but that is not in chinese connection that is in "way of the dragon" - the same movie where he fights his real life student chuck norris in the end :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jassi (Post 1298061)
he is actually mr. bean in rome - but that is not in chinese connection that is in "way of the dragon" - the same movie where he fights his real life student chuck norris in the end :)

Damn, all his movies have different names in different countries, hard to keep track.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 1298058)
Miss July? Actually, I didn't realise she was a real Miss July until now. Ok, she can get some credit too.

Did you never watch "Baywatch"? It was every young man's fantasy when it started. Young women, many playmates, running around on the beach and saving lives.
Many playmates starred in Baywatch including Erika Eleniak, Pamela Anderson and Donna D'Erico.

Under Siege was one of the few movies that Erika Eleniak (there were a couple more) starred in and she was definitely a crowd-puller, especially when she jumped out of the cake.

Erika was a real beauty in Baywatch. Not much of an actor though, just a piece of decorative furniture.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 1298080)
Did you never watch "Baywatch"? It was every young man's fantasy when it started. Young women, many playmates, running around on the beach and saving lives.

Not regularly, only if there was nothing else to watch.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai (Post 1298078)
Damn, all his movies have different names in different countries, hard to keep track.:Frustrati

I agree, here you go
Bruce Lee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia :)
and heres the detailed filmography with US and original names
Bruce Lee filmography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thats interesting! radically opposing point of view!
but yes, in a sense you are probably justified because I preferred the book of the whole episode which I read years ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi (Post 1297403)
Actually we were discussing a few posts ago.

I said:

Quote:

HA HA HA.
I can just imagine rajesh khanna doing all that:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technocrat (Post 1297798)
Thanks Samurai I never knew there was a name to his style of fighting :p

Btw with his height, in all his fights he seems to be literally playing with his opponents :D

Did it occurred to anyone maybe the directors take all the other guys below 5.8 so he can look menacing:uncontrol

Quote:

+1. His acting is nothing too talk about but i like the way he fights.
And thanks for the info,didn't know the style has a name too-for me everything is martial arts(lack of smileys are pinching)

Watched Untraceable this weekend.
Its ok kinds. The way of murdering people was too much but justified from a Pyscho's point of view.
Whoever has not seen can give it a pass and the movie is not for ladies.
Rating- 2/5