Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-229.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 2264006)
I didn't know there was a Hollywood version.

Yeah they did a remake in 2010. have a look, I've attached a poster of the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by addyhemmige (Post 2264658)
+1, I loved this movie and watch it often to catch a laugh:D. If you guys loved this , you would probably like one more british comedy called 'Wild Target' starring Bill Nighy, Rupert Grint (of Harry Potter fame) and Emily Blunt (ooh, she looks cute!!:D)

@addy : Cool! Will check it out!

Does anyone dig Monty Python films?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfheart (Post 2264898)

Does anyone dig Monty Python films?

I love Fawlty Towers (John Cleese from Monty Python made it) - I would consider it to be the best sitcom ever made, but could never like any of the other Monty Python Movies. I can enjoy individual skits which you can watch from YouTube etc, but I just can't get through the whole movies - the whole humour seems very repetitive.

Watched two action movies over the weekend.

1. Punisher. Starring Ray Stevenson, Its a very violent movie.

2. Mechanic. Thenew version starring Jason Statham. Wonderful movie. Still searching for the 70s version starring Charles Bronson of which this is a remake.

Tron Legacy

Its the sequel to Tron, the movie is awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jav (Post 2265499)
Tron Legacy

Its the sequel to Tron, the movie is awesome.

Is it neccessary to see tron before this or we can just watch this one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 2265624)

Yes need to watch the first part as it is continuation of the story, even i watched the first part before watching the sequel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 2265391)

2. Mechanic. Thenew version starring Jason Statham. Wonderful movie. Still searching for the 70s version starring Charles Bronson of which this is a remake.

Please check your pm. Enjoy! :)

Is anyone here a member of Cinesprite.com - Rent Movies Smartly - I am looking for feedback on them as compared to bigflix.

Saw The Black swan a couple of weeks ago..i found it extremely well made and metaphorical with a nice suspense to it. Although i think women would relate to it better .

But i have no second thoughts on Natalie portman, she deserved the Oscar.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 2265624)

Although seeing the original movie would be good, it is not absolutely necessary to see it. I didn't see the original and didn't seem to miss anything. This movie has to be seen in the theatres in 3D. The CGI is very good. However, the movie could have done with a lot more action. I found the amount of action scenes to be very little.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 2266229)
Is anyone here a member of Cinesprite.com - Rent Movies Smartly - I am looking for feedback on them as compared to bigflix.

Have you given Rent Movies | Online DVD Rentals | DVD Movies Online | Rent DVDs and VCDs | Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore | Seventymm.com - India's Largest Online DVD, VCD, Movies Rental Service. a shot? I find their services good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheetumanu (Post 2266290)

I want a 2DVD at a time unlimited plan - they don't have one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 2266356)
I want a 2DVD at a time unlimited plan - they don't have one.

Got it bro. I remember they had a 2 DVD plan earlier but guess they shaved it off.

Watched " Death at a Funeral" the Brit Version.

As everyone rightly pointed out, its not a laugh a minute riot but, the typical stiff upper lipped kind of comedy and really enjoyable.

The character mix was hilarious and best part of the picture is everyone are soft natured and not an ounce of aggressiveness in even a single character. Pretty rare

Loved the guy "Simon" who takes that hallucination pill by mistake. His expressions are the main draw of this movie. Also, the dwarf's coolness and his revelation to the son's was shockingly hilarious considering the occasion. And, finally not to forget Uncle Alfie and Howard who's combination also drew some nice laughs

A light comedy that keeps you chuckling when you think of Simon's expression even after the movie ends.:D

3.5/5

A long weekend and some nice movies :)

Watched 8 Below.

I loved it, I would rate it 9/10.

What a clean movie. Those Ski Dogs were AMAZING.clap: