Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-211.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjunrudra (Post 2163857)
Guys can you suggest me some romantic comedy films ?

In order of preference

Love Actually
Notting Hill
Meet the Fockers
My Blue Heaven
Roxanne
Along came Polly
French Kiss
One Fine Day
You've Got Mail
He's just not that into you
Sleepless in Seattle
Wedding Crashers
Meet the Parents
50 First Dates
Anger Management
Definitely, Maybe
I love you, man
Music & Lyrics
The Ugly Truth
What happens in Vegas
As good as it gets
Dan in Real Life
Guess Who
Just like Heaven
Fierce Creatures
Intolerable Cruelty
The Rebound
Something's Gotta Give

Nice list ^^. I think you should include The Bachelor (1999) in it as well, and if you can, do watch it. The final proposal scene is lovely.

Step Up 3D

I love Step Up series, this one isn't so different. Loved it to the core.

Those looking for a story in a dancing movie can go elsewhere or may be watch Step Up 1. This is all about dance, music and cinematography. These are the departments it excels in and it doesn't disappointment.

The finale is the 'baap' of all finale(s). Awesomely different and those kids took the cake in terms of street dancing. Special applause for the choreographers.

This is kinda movie which will have clear separation. Either hate it or love it. If i have to nitpick, it would be the story and performance by star cast. Both easily gets overshadowed by awesome dance and music.

Loved it. Go watch it. No need to watch it in 3d. 2D is just fine.

4.5/5

Just saw the 1985 Arnie movie 'The Running Man'; good concept about a dystopian future, but the acting, screenplay and dialogue are so bad, they almost made me want to throw up a lot. I mean, I knew Arnie was'nt a great actor, but now I know why he was so good in Terminator 1 and 2, he didnt have to speak much, (and as a robot without emotion lol:).

Verdict: Do not rent, or even watch if nothing else is coming on TV. Read a book! 2/5

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This reminded me of the worst movie I have ever seen. It's called
"All Babes want to kill me".

Famous movies I hated (in order of dislike, disliked most is at the top)
- Wayne's World
- Raising Arizona
- Annie Hall
- 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Sin City
- Mulholland Drive
- Delicatessen (French)
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
- Changeling
- Who framed Roger Rabbit (I saw in the theatre - actually slept during the movie)
- Conan the Barbarian
- Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Platoon
- War of the Worlds
- Troy
- Rosemary's Baby
- Quantum of Solace (fell asleep at home while watching)

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 2163926)
In order of preference

Love Actually
Notting Hill
Meet the Fockers
My Blue Heaven
Roxanne
Along came Polly
French Kiss
One Fine Day
You've Got Mail
He's just not that into you
Sleepless in Seattle
Wedding Crashers
Meet the Parents
50 First Dates
Anger Management
Definitely, Maybe
I love you, man
Music & Lyrics
The Ugly Truth
What happens in Vegas
As good as it gets
Dan in Real Life
Guess Who
Just like Heaven
Fierce Creatures
Intolerable Cruelty
The Rebound
Something's Gotta Give

Adding some more

1. Just Married
2. Bedtime Stories
3. Alex and Emma
4. Bridget Jones' Diary
5. 27 Dresses
6. Four Christmases
7. Forces of Nature
8. Made of Honour
9. Shall we dance
10. Six Days, Seven Nights
11. Pretty Woman
12. Runaway Bride

.......................the list is endless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 2165014)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Yuck !!! Worst ever i sat through.

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 2165038)
Adding some more

1. Just Married
2. Bedtime Stories
3. Alex and Emma
4. Bridget Jones' Diary
5. 27 Dresses
6. Four Christmases
7. Forces of Nature
8. Made of Honour
9. Shall we dance
10. Six Days, Seven Nights
11. Pretty Woman
12. Runaway Bride

Don't know how I missed Pretty Woman - it's one of my all time favourites.
It's a movie I can watch any number of times.

I dont see "Jerry McGuire" in that list:)

I think Jerry Mcguire also has a great romance angle. Loved that relationship in that movie.

Watched Marley & Me

Though I liked the movie, it didnt live up to the hype that I had heard about it. The story about Marley a Dog that sees the ups & downs of a Married couple & is part of all of their memories.

Some scenes in 2nd half are very touchy & may make some folks cry especially if they ever had a dog.

3/5

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjunrudra (Post 2163857)
Guys can you suggest me some romantic comedy films ?
I love that genre of light films and enjoy them the most.
I have watched quite a few though like, when harry met sally,hitch,she's out of my league, the proposal,500 days of summer etc.

Well, not strictly a romantic comedy, but possibly one of the most heart touching romances I have seen, was in Wall-E. You would think that the concept of two robots, animated ones that that, falling in love, would be absurd... but it is so natural and beautiful that it makes most other movies romances pale in comparison. The problem is that the second half is a let down compared to the genius of the movie's first half.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avi550m (Post 2165619)
Well, not strictly a romantic comedy, but possibly one of the most heart touching romances I have seen, was in Wall-E. You would think that the concept of two robots, animated ones that that, falling in love, would be absurd... but it is so natural and beautiful that it makes most other movies romances pale in comparison. The problem is that the second half is a let down compared to the genius of the movie;s first half.

Completely agree. Wall-E is a great movie. The first 40 minutes of the movie is some of the best film making I have ever seen. The 2nd half is a let down compared to the 1st half, but that is because the first half is that good and Pixar had to cater to their main audience ( the kids ).

And when I thought that Pixar cannot top Wall-E, they came up with a movie called 'Up'. The initial montage in the movie where they show the couple's whole life in a few minutes is amazing. Much better than any live action romantic movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newpunter (Post 2166043)
Completely agree. Wall-E is a great movie. The first 40 minutes of the movie is some of the best film making I have ever seen. ....
And when I thought that Pixar cannot top Wall-E, they came up with a movie called 'Up'. The initial montage in the movie where they show the couple's whole life in a few minutes is amazing. Much better than any live action romantic movie.

I completely agree. Even though Wall-E was very good, the initial part of "UP" was one of the finest examples of cinematic storytelling in recent times.

I Watched The Town 2010, Ben Affleck in the lead role and also directed by himself. Its a Heist related movie, plot is about a group of guys from a city named charlestown who are into father to son kind of a pass on of professional burglary profession.
My Rating 4/5, similar to this also would recommend Heat 1995(Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Val Kilmer)

Just saw 'Takers' - watchable - timepass kinda movie
3.5/5

I watched " 3 iron" a Korean movie. It's about a young drifter who enters strangers houses when they are away and repays them by doing household chores and fixing and repairing things around the house. But things take a turn when he runs into a beautiful woman in an affluent mansion who is in a abusive marriage. The couple begin a silent relationship.
3.5/ 5