Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2010, 02:03   #2236
BHPian

Watched Untraceable. A psycho makes a streaming website where he shows the death of people live. The more number of viewers, the quicker the victim dies. Nice movie, not for women, small children though. It may be gross for some since it is based on human torture (something like Saw, Wrong Turn, etc).

Rating : 3/5
Old 1st June 2010, 10:57   #2237

I watched Kites, Book of Eli over the weekend. I felt Kites is much maligned and not as bad as people here made it out to be. I felt the producers unnecessarily hyped the movie and this worked against the movie. It is not a typical Bollywood movie and should be watched as such :-)
Book of Eli is well done, it is a post apocalyptic movie with good cinematography. Some of the action sequences are well directed. A good flick.
Old 1st June 2010, 12:27   #2238
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Wild Things = A typical Bollywood plot, movie has wonderful twists 8/10
I hope you mean the first part, subsequent ones lost its charm.

I loved this movie, the soundtrack especially.

Its indeed like a Bollywood plot ( I think Race was inspired by this one) but, much superiorly told and the twists and turns was a pleasant surprise.

Matt Damon and Kevin Bacon rocked !
Old 1st June 2010, 13:04   #2239
Senior - BHPian

Watched Prince of Persia: Sands of time yesterday night. Nice action and less of romance. Alfred Molina adds a bit of comic touch as a disgruntled ostrich racer. Overall, it is a good watch.

My rating: 4/5

btw, Gemma Arterton looks cute but her accent is too 'britishy' (if I can call it that)

Last edited by addyhemmige : 1st June 2010 at 13:08.
Old 1st June 2010, 15:23   #2240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by int3 View Post
Book of Eli is well done, it is a post apocalyptic movie with good cinematography. Some of the action sequences are well directed. A good flick.
I watched The Book of Eli over the weekend too. I couldn't digest the overtly religious nature of the movie. The story wasn't too convincing either. I would think that in a world where people are eating other people to survive, they wouldn't be too worried about a book, even if its the Bible. The cinematography was good, but I thought that "The Road" did it better. The Road is a better movie in my opinion although it might not be to everyone's taste .
Old 1st June 2010, 15:44   #2241
BHPian

Saw Mulholland Drive, The men who stare at goats, Sorority Row, The Blair witch project over the weekend. Everything except The men who stare at goats was ok.
Old 1st June 2010, 15:47   #2242
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Saw Mulholland Drive, The men who stare at goats, Sorority Row, The Blair witch project over the weekend. Everything except The men who stare at goats was ok.
The men who stare at Goats is quite a off beat movie.
The first scene where the army guy bangs into a wall and the last scene where the journalist pass thru the wall.
And everything in between that gets this guy to the state of the Jedi.

I liked the movie.

Though I cannot claim I fully understood it.
Old 1st June 2010, 16:37   #2243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I watched The Book of Eli over the weekend too. I couldn't digest the overtly religious nature of the movie. The story wasn't too convincing either. I would think that in a world where people are eating other people to survive, they wouldn't be too worried about a book, even if its the Bible. The cinematography was good, but I thought that "The Road" did it better. The Road is a better movie in my opinion although it might not be to everyone's taste .
Cannibalism does not preclude people from being religious :-) I will check out Road , thanks for the suggestion
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:36   #2244
Distinguished - BHPian

Urban Legends- Bloody Mary

Its the third sequel of UL movie and like how it usually happens as each sequel comes it becomes worse. Only FD was an exception until the 3rd part wherein each movie was an improvement.

It has a few moment of chills and lame acting by unknown teenage stars but, is a timepass flick for sure.

2.5/5

P.S: Next in line is " To Die For" starring Nicole Kidman and Matt Dillon. Anyone seen it?
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:21   #2245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Watched Prince of Persia: Sands of time yesterday night. Nice action and less of romance. Alfred Molina adds a bit of comic touch as a disgruntled ostrich racer. Overall, it is a good watch.

My rating: 4/5
+1 .. wifey took me along. She's a big fan of the game franchise. Bought the latest PS3 game on the way back home !

It's a nice clean fun action/adventure movie. The desert setting along with action without modern action movie 'tools' (guns/ missiles/ bombs/ computers/ cars/ bikes) was a welcome change.
Old 2nd June 2010, 18:23   #2246
BHPian

I think I have seen that movie mobike, nothing too great - if she is a weather reporter in that movie then yes its the same movie..
and I think you meant Matt Dillon in Wild Things and not Damon
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:00   #2247
BHPian

" i love phillip morris" real story about steven russell , a con artist , oh did i mention gay , this movie is so full of it but you will forget about that and get into the story , which is remarkable considering it is supposedly real , good acting by both macgregor and jim carrey

Do not watch it if you are put off by gay things going on , i am sure it will not be realeased anywhere
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:38   #2248
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
I think I have seen that movie mobike, nothing too great - if she is a weather reporter in that movie then yes its the same movie..
and I think you meant Matt Dillon in Wild Things and not Damon
Absolutely, its the same movie. And, yes its Matt Dillion from Wild Things.

I plan to watch this movie tonight. Couldnt see last night because went to a movie theatre to watch a hindi horror movie ( Kites).

Thats another story coming up on Hindi movie thread.
Old 4th June 2010, 01:05   #2249
BHPian

That would be "Matt Dillon" sir.!
Old 4th June 2010, 01:48   #2250
Senior - BHPian

Watched Prince of Persia. It was OK but predictable. Good for children.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks