Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2010, 12:32   #2191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Whats stopping you (of all people) from watching the first part first ?
My mind ( Like Quentin Tarantino) sometimes enjoys reverse chronological order. So i guess will watch 2nd part then watch the 1st part and sit down and piece the puzzles together
Old 17th May 2010, 13:33   #2192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
P.S: Next in line is " Holecroft Covenent", has anyone seen this spy thriller?
Didn't know this movie even existed. Need to watch it.
Old 17th May 2010, 14:12   #2193
BHPian

Quote:
Need to see Iron Man 2. Havent seen the first yet, so will i enjoy the 2nd edition?
Go for it. The two are quite independent. You wont miss on much.
Was hoping to see Johansson in latex (ala beckinsale in the Underworld trilogy), disappointed that was not to be
Old 17th May 2010, 16:03   #2194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Watched Sherlock Holmes yesterday. Guy Ritchie should be shot for brutally assassinating the personality of Sherlock Holmes.
Oh man! I watched the movie and I thought the same. Sad to see Guy Ritchie brutalize a lovely character as Sherlock Holmes. He's removed the quintessential qualities of this amazing character and reduced him to nothing. Perhaps the best portrayal of Sherlock Holmes is the series running now on History channel!
Old 17th May 2010, 16:54   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Oh man! I watched the movie and I thought the same. Sad to see Guy Ritchie brutalize a lovely character as Sherlock Holmes. He's removed the quintessential qualities of this amazing character and reduced him to nothing. Perhaps the best portrayal of Sherlock Holmes is the series running now on History channel!
I fully agree with you. The Series on history channel is awesome !!! It has perfect portrayal of Holmes as well as Watson. Its on Sundays 1.00pm (one hour).
Old 17th May 2010, 17:08   #2196
Senior - BHPian

Well, I found the movie "Sherlock Holmes" to be quite a nice entertaining movie. The story was indeed gripping as a Sherlock Holmes story should be. Don't know why Guy Ritchie has portraid him like that on contrary to popular belief of Holmes being a meticulous gentleman. But might be in his early life Holmes was bit of like that ;-) as I vaguely remember of Holmes being described as a loner in Study in Scarlet(need to read that again as I don't remember exactly) when Dr. Watson meets him for the first time.
Old 18th May 2010, 12:46   #2197
Distinguished - BHPian

Watched " The Holcroft Convenant" starring Michael Caine and Michael Lonsdale ( Played a character who makes those dolls in Ronin)

Story is about 3 Nazi's making a pact before killing themselves.

Fast Forward to present day wherein these 3 Nazi's son ( Michael Caine is one of them) are given access to $4.5 Billion Dollars to make use to make this world a better place. This was a way to amend the nasty things their fathers did during the hitler regime.

However, things dont seem to fall into place so easily with lovely ingredients of a spy thriller ( double cross, secret codes, chasing on foot etc) this movie has got what it takes.

Michael Caine seemed almost like a nerd in this entire business but, as movie progresses he gets hang of the spy business and handles things like a professional.

Certainly worth a watch for old movie spy charm, fantastic european landscapes and decently taut thriller.

3.5/5
Old 18th May 2010, 13:03   #2198
Senior - BHPian

Do not watch the following movies.

Step up 2!

Invention of lying.

But you could watch the movie

She is outta my league
Old 18th May 2010, 13:53   #2199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post

Step up 2!

Invention of lying.

She is outta my league
Step up 2 on its own was a good movie. Compare it to Step up and it lost its way in between. Though i am eagerly waiting for Step Up 3D. summer is gonna be cool.

She is outta my league is also a very good movie. Loved it.

Invention of lying was junk.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:07   #2200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post

Step up 2!

Invention of lying.

She is outta my league
No idea about the other 3 but I really liked Step up 2. Awesome choreography and the last dance was mindblowing.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:09   #2201
BHPian

Saw Numbers Game, a short movie based on call centers, liked some parts of it, not bad overall, but a little wired for sure.
Old 18th May 2010, 15:11   #2202
Team-BHP Support

Step Up 2 was watchable. The soundtrack too was good. I havent watched Step Up, so cannot compare them.
Old 18th May 2010, 17:07   #2203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
No idea about the other 3 but I really liked Step up 2. Awesome choreography and the last dance was mindblowing.
+1 .
People into dancing can easily love it and others may find it different.
I have watched step up 2 first and now will be seeing step up.Lets see how it comes.
Old 18th May 2010, 18:05   #2204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
+1 .
People into dancing can easily love it and others may find it different.
I have watched step up 2 first and now will be seeing step up.Lets see how it comes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Step Up 2 was watchable. The soundtrack too was good. I havent watched Step Up, so cannot compare them.
If you liked Step Up 2, i am sure you will love Step up.

I am not sure if while watching Step up 2, you raised a question seeing Chaning Tatum (Tyler) competing with his sister - Andie at a dance club. Your answers lie in Step Up.

Music of both the parts were awesome. Flo Rida's LOW was awesome. Still is the hottest track at pubs here.
Old 20th May 2010, 10:39   #2205
Senior - BHPian

Gave a second viewing to some of the movies that i had seen long back:
1. Fight Club: Ed Norton at his best. And Brad Pitt is his usual brilliant. Did anyone else notice the micro-second long flashes of Brad Pitt in the beginning of the movie? I ran those portions in extra slowmo just to take a longer look. Anyway, contrary to what the title suggests, the movie is not about fighting. Don't be fooled by the tagline of the movie "How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?" The movie is a trip through the psyche of one of the best roles ever performed.

2. Mullholland Drive: 1.5 hours into the movie and i am thinking to myself, "so far the movie is making sense. I dont know what all the hoopla is about" And then starts last half an hour where everything you thought you knew about the storyline gets trashed and you are left dazed and wondering, "what the...."

3. The Machinist: Respect for Christian Bale. The movie is about a guy who works the graveyard shift in a lathe factory. He has not slept in a year, by the way. And he looks like a washed out cloth hanging on a skeleton. You wont believe this is the same Christian Bale that plays Batman. Anyway, so things start to go wrong for our hero when he accidentally cuts off the arm of a co worker. This movie was like a modern version of a Dostoevsky classic that i don't want to name.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks