Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-144.html)

Watched these:

1) Amores Perros - I would rate 4/5, its beautifully taken & gripping till the end. The movie has about 3 stories relating to each other. Directed by Gonzales Inarritu.

2) Babel - 5/5 - Awesome movie, Must watch movie... again by the same director & writer of the above, it involves 3 stories related to each other. About this movie the trivia is as this movie has been directed & shot in different countries/continents, none of the actors actually met their counterparts till the premiere.

3) Bound by Honor - A great movie, must watch i would rate it 4/5

4) Shutter Island - Good movie, I would rate 4/5, for the direction & acting

5) How to train your dragon - An awesome movie, a must watch for the kids & parents, its a 5/5.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mission_Safari (Post 1872537)
I found 'A haunting in connecicut' quite good mainly because the movie was based on a true story. Now the talks on Antichrist is making we want to see it soon. Hopefully i will catch it this weekend.

It may not be a bad movie but aren't there a zillion other movies using the same little gimmicks. There's nothing new or innovative(but that's purely my persepective). For instance, I really liked the way they treated the story of a possessed girl in "The Exorcism of Emily Rose". It's your same old possessed girl movie but executed in refreshing way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1873591)
Gran Torino is one of my Favorite movies of all time.
Clint Eastwood shows us , at 80 he still is the bad *** he is when he was 20.

Yes I agree! Eastwood has made a brilliant film.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1874124)
"The Midnight Meat Train" is to be aired tonight on Star Movies. Any reviews on this horror fare?

No idea dude. Sounds like a slasher flick!

Quote:

"The Midnight Meat Train" is to be aired tonight on Star Movies. Any reviews on this horror fare?

Avi,

It is a nice thriller flick with a lots of blood and gore. I liked the movie except for the climax. There are reviews of this in the older pages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prguru (Post 1870771)

Office Space : It is a story of company workers who hate their jobs and the employees being exploited by their boss. Peter Gibbons played by Ron Livingston visits a hypnotherapist and the story turns from there. Highly recommended if you want a good laugh.
My rating : 4/5

Count me amongst the Office Space fans too!
I would rate it as 3/5, yet a must watch for everyone who works in...well..an office! :D

Quote:

The movie, till the climax is ok. I absolutely hated the ending!

Lot of blood and gore, as Mission_Safari said, but I reckon it would be censored for "family" viewing! :Frustrati

Watched " The Midnight Meat Train" last evening on Star Movies.

It certainly had some blood and gore but, it was not shown directly. You know the hammer is lifted and scene changes type of direction. So i felt it is watchable along with family.

However, Bradley Cooper cannot act to save his own life. Vinnie Jones was good but, mostly wasted. And, uh he put on helluva weight.

As everyone mentioned, the climax was really disappointing

Overall, it was just an average picture and it didnt excite my senses.

3/5

Any body seen Iron Man 2? Going tonight so wanted to know

Quote:

Originally Posted by MileCruncher (Post 1875495)
Any body seen Iron Man 2? Going tonight so wanted to know

Yes I saw it last night. Though it's a good movie, I think that the first one is much better. This movie has some spectacular efects but the script appears to be weak. Also a couple of actors are quite lousy. It's worth a watch though!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfheart (Post 1875509)
Yes I saw it last night. Though it's a good movie, I think that the first one is much better. This movie has some spectacular efects but the script appears to be weak. Also a couple of actors are quite lousy. It's worth a watch though!

Watching it at TGIP noida tomm'.
Mostly the sequels don't live upto the expectations so no high hopes..

Weekend watch:

Traffic
(Dir. Steven Soderberg, *ing Michael Douglas, Benicio Del Toro, Catherine Zeta Jones, Don Cheadle)

A rather long movie with four parallel stories woven together involving the business of drugs in America. The performances are top notch. Benicio Del Toro stands out.

Rating: 4/5

Lined Up:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Original Swedish: MÆND SOM HADER KVINDER)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tortoiseNhare (Post 1876082)

Lined Up:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Original Swedish: MÆND SOM HADER KVINDER)

Is this the one based on the book by the same name written by Stieg Larsson? I loved the book, didnt know that they made a movie on this too. WIll wait for your review.

I loved Ironman II. brilliant movie and i felt this was similar to the first one. Must watch movie

Quote:

Originally Posted by prguru (Post 1870771)
Watched these movies recently :

Office Space : It is a story of company workers who hate their jobs and the employees being exploited by their boss. Peter Gibbons played by Ron Livingston visits a hypnotherapist and the story turns from there. Highly recommended if you want a good laugh.
My rating : 4/5

I watched it too yesterday in HD qualitiy. It is indeed a hilarious movie and I'd give it the same rating.

Ironman 2-
Good effects. Very less action. Some funny dialogues. A weak story. Scarlett looks amazing. Thats it. First part was much better imo.

Rating- 3/5

Watched "Death at a funeral" tonight, its awesome

totally hilarious and would rate it 4.5/5 and recommend.