Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 17:01   #1981
BHPian

Watched Precious. Never saw anything like it before.
Old 26th March 2010, 17:11   #1982
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Wing View Post
Watched Precious. Never saw anything like it before.
Was it because the movie was called Precious?

Review Please with ratings which is what this thread is all about
Old 29th March 2010, 11:47   #1983
Team-BHP Support

Saw three movies during the weekend:

1/ The Prestige: From the director of Memento, a story about two hyper competitive magicians. AWESOME movie. I just loved the story and the screenplay. Hugh Jackman & Christian Bale play their roles perfectly. The movie was very nice throughout, so I was worried that the end might spoil it. Butttt it was just perfect. Gets a 4 star rating from my side.

2/ Shooter: Nothing that you have not seen before, a story about a sniper who comes out of retirement to prevent the assassination of the US president, but everything goes wrong. Strictly one time watch. 2 stars

3/ Witness for the Prosecution: A B/w courtroom murder mystery. You may be able to guess the end after about 75% of the movie. But I just loved the character played by the fat lawyer. Dunno his name. 2.5 stars
Old 29th March 2010, 14:30   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Saw three movies during the weekend:

1/ The Prestige: From the director of Memento, a story about two hyper competitive magicians. AWESOME movie. I just loved the story and the screenplay. Hugh Jackman & Christian Bale play their roles perfectly. The movie was very nice throughout, so I was worried that the end might spoil it. Butttt it was just perfect. Gets a 4 star rating from my side.
An amazing movie indeed; no wonder it's still sitting in the list of Top 250 movies in IMDB. Have you watched "The Illusionist" ?
Old 29th March 2010, 14:37   #1985
Team-BHP Support

Nopes, but got this recommendation on Facebook yesterday. It goes into my "to watch" list
Old 29th March 2010, 14:42   #1986
BHPian

Quote:
Nopes, but got this recommendation on Facebook yesterday. It goes into my "to watch" list
I'd suggest you watch it before "The Prestige" effect subsidizes; you'd simply love it.

BTW, are you planning to join us at the Noida Tbhp meet the coming weekend?
Old 29th March 2010, 14:42   #1987
Senior - BHPian

The hurt locker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetumanu View Post
Hmm...quite a contradiction

@WindRide: You just stepped on my desire of watching this movie and crushed it
go and watch the movie it is one of the best movies of recent times 4.5/5
Old 29th March 2010, 14:52   #1988
Senior - BHPian

From Paris with Love - 3/5

One time watch Action Movie. A bit funny in between and some element of racism too, but oh well its just a movie. John Travolta is doing what Bruce Willis does in Die Hard Movies!
Old 29th March 2010, 15:14   #1989
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BTW, are you planning to join us at the Noida Tbhp meet the coming weekend?
Noida is too far off from Dwarka. Slightly difficult to take out time. Newly married you see
Old 29th March 2010, 15:36   #1990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
From Paris with Love - 3/5

One time watch Action Movie. A bit funny in between and some element of racism too, but oh well its just a movie. John Travolta is doing what Bruce Willis does in Die Hard Movies!
Exactly my review.
I liked travolta's role in this and the fast pace action was good,however bruce is awesome in die hard series and John can't match that.

@EDDY- Do watch The Illusionist also. Its as good as The Prestige and both these are must watch IMO.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:21   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
Noida is too far off from Dwarka. Slightly difficult to take out time. Newly married you see
I understand Anyways see you in the next Delhi meet then
Old 29th March 2010, 16:50   #1992
Team-BHP Support

Saw two movies recently...

Flags of Our Fathers - A heartrending movie. Shows how media and PR turn a irrelevant moment of war into a heroic one, while ignoring the real action. You can really understand the helplessness of all the people caught in this frenzy. It is so sad, I don't think I want to watch it again. What's with Clint Eastwood and sad movies, he has been belting them out regularly. Heart-breaking stories and incredible direction, but give us some entertainment too Clint.

Fight Club - Yes, some how I had never bothered to see it. Mostly because I had heard it was a twisted movie with cult status. This weekend I saw it and hated it. It basically celebrates violence and lawlessness by making it look cool. I wonder how many waiters started pissing in the soup after this movie.
Old 29th March 2010, 16:51   #1993
BANNED

Quote:
An amazing movie indeed; no wonder it's still sitting in the list of Top 250 movies in IMDB. Have you watched "The Illusionist" ?
loved The Illusionist.
Edward Norton's performance was brilliant The whole movie had a dark element associated with it which made it even more interesting to watch.

@Samurai
I have particularly noticed your dislike for the movie Fight club(in multiple posts) , have you watched the crappy hindi version before the English one?

I absolutely loved the movie for being a puzzle till the end of the movie where all the puzzles come together and made perfect sense IMO.
Yes it involves senseless violence which makes the movie even more interesting to watch.

Last edited by vinaydas : 29th March 2010 at 16:54.
Old 29th March 2010, 17:58   #1994
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
@Samurai
I have particularly noticed your dislike for the movie Fight club(in multiple posts) , have you watched the crappy hindi version before the English one?
This is the first time I have commented on Fight Club, I saw it only this weekend for the first time. You must be thinking of Reservoir Dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
I absolutely loved the movie for being a puzzle till the end of the movie where all the puzzles come together and made perfect sense IMO.
Yes it involves senseless violence which makes the movie even more interesting to watch.
May be because I have been a student of violence (martial arts) for so long, I don't like violence for the sake of violence. For example, I love Saving Private Ryan/Band of Brother kind of righteous violence, but the Michael Madsen brand of psychotic violence is revolting to me.
Old 29th March 2010, 19:06   #1995
BHPian

I watched Did you hear about the morgans, it is about a couple, whose marriage is about to fall apart, are forced to be together due to circumstances, to realize that they are meant to be together.

Watch this only if you have no other movies to watch. Not worth spending 2 hours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks