Team-BHP - The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   The English Movies Thread (No Spoilers Please) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/55910-english-movies-thread-no-spoilers-please-133.html)

Watched Precious. Never saw anything like it before.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delta Wing (Post 1805044)
Watched Precious. Never saw anything like it before.

Was it because the movie was called Precious?:D

Review Please with ratings which is what this thread is all about:)

Saw three movies during the weekend:

1/ The Prestige: From the director of Memento, a story about two hyper competitive magicians. AWESOME movie. I just loved the story and the screenplay. Hugh Jackman & Christian Bale play their roles perfectly. The movie was very nice throughout, so I was worried that the end might spoil it. Butttt it was just perfect. Gets a 4 star rating from my side.

2/ Shooter: Nothing that you have not seen before, a story about a sniper who comes out of retirement to prevent the assassination of the US president, but everything goes wrong. Strictly one time watch. 2 stars

3/ Witness for the Prosecution: A B/w courtroom murder mystery. You may be able to guess the end after about 75% of the movie. But I just loved the character played by the fat lawyer. Dunno his name. 2.5 stars

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1808740)
Saw three movies during the weekend:

1/ The Prestige: From the director of Memento, a story about two hyper competitive magicians. AWESOME movie. I just loved the story and the screenplay. Hugh Jackman & Christian Bale play their roles perfectly. The movie was very nice throughout, so I was worried that the end might spoil it. Butttt it was just perfect. Gets a 4 star rating from my side.

An amazing movie indeed; no wonder it's still sitting in the list of Top 250 movies in IMDB. Have you watched "The Illusionist" ?

Nopes, but got this recommendation on Facebook yesterday. It goes into my "to watch" list :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1809133)
Nopes, but got this recommendation on Facebook yesterday. It goes into my "to watch" list :)

I'd suggest you watch it before "The Prestige" effect subsidizes; you'd simply love it.

BTW, are you planning to join us at the Noida Tbhp meet the coming weekend?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheetumanu (Post 1796132)
Hmm...quite a contradiction :D

@WindRide: You just stepped on my desire of watching this movie and crushed it :deadhorse

go and watch the movie it is one of the best movies of recent times 4.5/5

From Paris with Love - 3/5

One time watch Action Movie. A bit funny in between and some element of racism too, but oh well its just a movie. John Travolta is doing what Bruce Willis does in Die Hard Movies!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheetumanu (Post 1809143)
BTW, are you planning to join us at the Noida Tbhp meet the coming weekend?

Noida is too far off from Dwarka. Slightly difficult to take out time. Newly married you see :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhibh (Post 1809164)
From Paris with Love - 3/5

One time watch Action Movie. A bit funny in between and some element of racism too, but oh well its just a movie. John Travolta is doing what Bruce Willis does in Die Hard Movies!

Exactly my review.
I liked travolta's role in this and the fast pace action was good,however bruce is awesome in die hard series and John can't match that.

@EDDY- Do watch The Illusionist also. Its as good as The Prestige and both these are must watch IMO.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddy (Post 1809205)
Noida is too far off from Dwarka. Slightly difficult to take out time. Newly married you see :p

I understand :D Anyways see you in the next Delhi meet then

Saw two movies recently...

Flags of Our Fathers - A heartrending movie. Shows how media and PR turn a irrelevant moment of war into a heroic one, while ignoring the real action. You can really understand the helplessness of all the people caught in this frenzy. It is so sad, I don't think I want to watch it again. What's with Clint Eastwood and sad movies, he has been belting them out regularly. Heart-breaking stories and incredible direction, but give us some entertainment too Clint.

Fight Club - Yes, some how I had never bothered to see it. Mostly because I had heard it was a twisted movie with cult status. This weekend I saw it and hated it. It basically celebrates violence and lawlessness by making it look cool. I wonder how many waiters started pissing in the soup after this movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheetumanu (Post 1809117)
An amazing movie indeed; no wonder it's still sitting in the list of Top 250 movies in IMDB. Have you watched "The Illusionist" ?

loved The Illusionist.
Edward Norton's performance was brilliant The whole movie had a dark element associated with it which made it even more interesting to watch.

@Samurai
I have particularly noticed your dislike for the movie Fight club(in multiple posts) , have you watched the crappy hindi version before the English one? :D

I absolutely loved the movie for being a puzzle till the end of the movie where all the puzzles come together and made perfect sense IMO.
Yes it involves senseless violence which makes the movie even more interesting to watch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1809419)
@Samurai
I have particularly noticed your dislike for the movie Fight club(in multiple posts) , have you watched the crappy hindi version before the English one? :D

This is the first time I have commented on Fight Club, I saw it only this weekend for the first time. You must be thinking of Reservoir Dogs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vinaydas (Post 1809419)
I absolutely loved the movie for being a puzzle till the end of the movie where all the puzzles come together and made perfect sense IMO.
Yes it involves senseless violence which makes the movie even more interesting to watch.

May be because I have been a student of violence (martial arts) for so long, I don't like violence for the sake of violence. For example, I love Saving Private Ryan/Band of Brother kind of righteous violence, but the Michael Madsen brand of psychotic violence is revolting to me.

I watched Did you hear about the morgans, it is about a couple, whose marriage is about to fall apart, are forced to be together due to circumstances, to realize that they are meant to be together.

Watch this only if you have no other movies to watch. Not worth spending 2 hours.