Old 26th March 2009, 15:54   #301
BHPian

ashish22,

have sent you a PM. Do check
Old 26th March 2009, 16:06   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Err, this is definitely taking it to the max crib. Also on a serious note, suppose a TT ball runs for three days a year, hypothetically 100 TT balls @ 30 bucks each saves a co 3k a year ?

Pittance no ?

No offence to admin guys here, but that's how most immature admin/FMS folks earn their livelihood - ridiculous savings that neither save money, nor keep people happy!
Old 26th March 2009, 16:09   #303
Team-BHP Support

Its not about the actual $$$ saving in this case, but a move like this create an atmosphere of cost cutting. Kind of spread the message across before salary cuts / no bonus etc.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:10   #304
BANNED

Apparently the company is going to save 50 million by these cuts

Last edited by Spitfire : 26th March 2009 at 16:12.
Old 26th March 2009, 16:15   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
No offence to admin guys here, but that's how most immature admin/FMS folks earn their livelihood - ridiculous savings that neither save money, nor keep people happy!
Grrrrrrrrrr! I am very angry with you Hitanshu. I am in Admin. The only thing I would say in support of Admin guys is that the vendor bills are not approved by the management resulting in such things happening. If you don't pay the vendors, you obviously don't get stocks of new items. I haven't replaced a single exhaust fan in the loos in my office that has gone Kaput as it costs about 900 bucks and it does reflect in the monthly bills. As long as the loo doesn't stink, one can manage.

Also, how many folks play TT in the office? hardly 10-50 when compared to 1500 employees in a company. Not that I am de-motivating anyone who plays sports at work but this is how most managements think.

We are HELPLESS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Its not about the actual $$$ saving in this case, but a move like this create an atmosphere of cost cutting. Kind of spread the message across before salary cuts / no bonus etc.
+1 to that.

Btw, why can't the company stop advertising rather than stopping people having some leisure time at work? If I was working there, I would have certainly proposed this. A single ad would make them pay lakhs to the TV guys. Rather save there than saving else where. Who doesn't know CISCO?

Last edited by amtak : 26th March 2009 at 16:20.
Old 26th March 2009, 17:12   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayatarizona View Post
They looked at each other misty eyed, bodies sweat soaked with passion..
Oops, just remembered, this was the office...
Hahahaha, good one, reading this at work does lighten up the workload and get you recharged.

Good one Sanjayatarizona

cheers
Old 26th March 2009, 18:03   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Btw, why can't the company stop advertising rather than stopping people having some leisure time at work? If I was working there, I would have certainly proposed this. A single ad would make them pay lakhs to the TV guys. Rather save there than saving else where. Who doesn't know CISCO?
Are you serious??? Barring a few exceptions everyone needs to market/advertise.
Old 26th March 2009, 18:06   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Yup, each post gives a hint what it is, but not naming it!

Finally, when Amtak said about the TV ad, I realized it was Cisco....
And it also reminds me of a particular seinfeld episode (The contest) where they don't use the word and make a whole episode outta it!

Coming back to the topic,
There is a huge campaign being run in our company for ideas to be submitted to save a $ a day. Hmm, nice suggestions are coming out of it. Lets see how it goes.
Old 26th March 2009, 18:51   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetrage911 View Post
And above all, they have started firing not only the bench force but efficient star employees as well .
it is very difficult to retain all star employees together and then manage their expectations. We have seen the ill effects in my company earlier.
Old 26th March 2009, 18:56   #310
Senior - BHPian

^^^

Thats surprising for me. At least in IT Services, company will loose Client's goodwill by firing you a "billable"star employee.
Old 26th March 2009, 20:06   #311
Senior - BHPian

remember, the firing starts from the revenue pressure from the client. and at the end of the day managing your resources' expectations is your headache, not client's.

imagine 60 star employees in your account of 70 (at different levels), all wanting the best of ratings and hikes.
Old 27th March 2009, 09:22   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Yup, each post gives a hint what it is, but not naming it!

Finally, when Amtak said about the TV ad, I realized it was Cisco....
And i have been trying to submit my resume for Program Mgr position for Cisco for the last 1 week - still not successfull, the careers and jobs links keep moving me in circles and finally bring me back to the video without showing me a single job opening -- god knows whats up with its website - can someone help
Old 27th March 2009, 10:38   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
A large Networking Company based of ORR has: Stopped broadband reimbursement - no work from home - pay for your own, No free softdrinks, no free biscuits, fruits, juices, no premium coffees.
Just ask your friends in other product MNCs in India. The number of companies which give such freebies is very close to 0 now. CISCO is one of the best managed companies and they got there by executing really well. All these freebies are unaffordable luxuries in today's times.

... and no, I don't work for CISCO. I am just being realistic in today's times.
Old 27th March 2009, 11:24   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
Just ask your friends in other product MNCs in India. The number of companies which give such freebies is very close to 0 now. CISCO is one of the best managed companies and they got there by executing really well. All these freebies are unaffordable luxuries in today's times.

... and no, I don't work for CISCO. I am just being realistic in today's times.
Nothing has changed for one company down the road except for travel cuts and a few less lights. Focus on the big expenses first!
Old 27th March 2009, 11:44   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Nothing has changed for one company down the road except for travel cuts and a few less lights. Focus on the big expenses first!
True and I am sure they are focusing on big expenses. AFAIK, these are global decisions and are not specific to Indian arm. Also all travel and hiring was frozen/cut quite some time back and I am pretty sure that is happening for all product MNCs in India.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks