Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2024, 18:34   #1441
BANNED

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
I had written to one of my previous employer and they wrote back asking me to fill up few forms and they'll submit it to the PF office for withdrawal, is that possible that I don't need to visit anywhere and my ex-employer can do it with paperwork only?
If your previous employer is submitting for withdrawal on your behalf, you need not go anywhere. Just ensure your submitted forms are filled correctly and names etc matches with your KYC documents and bank details ( cancelled cheque / passbook).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fine69 View Post
Lastly, I was able to setup a login ID and password for the EPFO site where they needed a cancelled cheque to be submitted amongst other things for PF withdrawal, I'm assuming for UAN that is available on the EPFO site I can do everything online, would it be correct assumption?
Yes. Once your UAN is updated properly with KYC and bank details, you can withdraw. No need to go anywhere. Below link should help

https://www.bankbazaar.com/saving-sc...wal-rules.html

Majority of EPFO claims are rejected due to technical errors. Something as mundane as a extra dot in your name can be the reason for claim rejection
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2024, 17:08   #1442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wocanak View Post
Has anyone done EPF advance/withdrawal under Para 68B(1)(a), i.e. Purchase of house/flat/construction of house including acquisition of site from AGENCY. It seems the money will be paid to the AGENCY (I guess the builder). Would be great to get the details, like does it really work like this, what documentation is needed and how long will it take. Below is extract from instructions given.

Attachment 2572093
To reply to my own post, I managed to withdraw by just submitting the request online. The money came to my bank account after a few weeks, so the part about paying to the agency is just some outdated info.
wocanak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2024, 13:22   #1443
Distinguished - BHPian

The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization is likely to deposit the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) interest to the eligible accounts soon.

EPFO disclosed the interest rate for employees’ provident fund for the financial year 2023-24 back in February.

Quote:
Whenever the interest will be credited, it will be accumulated and paid in full. There would be no loss of interest
Quote:
EPFO disclosed the interest rate for employees’ provident fund for the financial year 2023-24 back in February. The retirement fund body raised the interest rate by 10 basis points (bps) to 8.25%, surpassing the previous year's 8.15%.
Link:

Last edited by volkman10 : 30th April 2024 at 13:24.
Old 30th April 2024, 18:59   #1444
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

EPFO disclosed the interest rate for employees’ provident fund for the financial year 2023-24 back in February.
How does this work when my employee maintains a "Trust" for PF? Like my employer gives me interest every month as I can see from salary slip that say my PF balance last month was say 10L and say I contributed total 20K (PF + VPF) so in this month's salary slip I don't see revised amount as 10.2L but higher than that.

Now as you said that for year 2023-24 interest rate was declared as 8.25% in Feb 2024 I guess? If so then my employer will need to also calculate the 0.10% extra if it was considering mine on basis of 8.15% earlier and crediting each month, is my understanding correct?

Last edited by raksrules : 30th April 2024 at 19:01.
Old 30th April 2024, 19:51   #1445
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Now as you said that for year 2023-24 interest rate was declared as 8.25% in Feb 2024 I guess? If so then my employer will need to also calculate the 0.10% extra if it was considering mine on basis of 8.15% earlier and crediting each month, is my understanding correct?
If you see your PF statement (not payslip), your employer should have mentioned "provisional interest" which is accrued on monthly basis. Once EPFO announces the annual rate, trusts credit the interest arrears, if any, to individual accounts.
skumare is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2024, 19:44   #1446
ZMG
BHPian

Hi

Do any of you see the interest received component in your passbook for 2023?
I see the last interest for 2022, and nothing after that.
Old 7th May 2024, 20:04   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Hi

Same case with my wife, whereas mine is updated for 2023.
Old 8th May 2024, 12:17   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMG View Post
Hi

It's not credited to me yet as well.
TorqueyTechie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 13:00   #1449
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
It's not credited to me yet as well.
I checked mine today, even for me the interest for 2023 is still not credited.
Old 8th May 2024, 17:03   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
I checked mine today, even for me the interest for 2023 is still not credited.
Try the Umang app. The passbook shown there has updated Interest up to 31 Mar 2023.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2024, 17:27   #1451
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
Try the Umang app. The passbook shown there has updated Interest up to 31 Mar 2023.
Thanks.

Sorry what i meant was, the interest is not credited during March 2024.
Old 9th May 2024, 11:32   #1452
BHPian

Has anyone here retired from service and withdrawn their EPF money? Asking because I am reading about stories where the subscribers are made to run around for months & years to withdraw their savings from EPFO.

Any positive experiences to share from you or your near & dear ones on EPFO withdrawal?
Old 9th May 2024, 12:31   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Has anyone here retired from service and withdrawn their EPF money? Asking because I am reading about stories where the subscribers are made to run around for months & years to withdraw their savings from EPFO.

Any positive experiences to share from you or your near & dear ones on EPFO withdrawal?
Two years back I withdrew my daughter's PF balance and pension balance (less than 5 years of service). Everything was online and it was a breeze. The company, however, should cooperate in whatever has to be done from their end like filling up last date of service etc.
Capri89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 17:36   #1454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UD17 View Post
Thanks.

Sorry what i meant was, the interest is not credited during March 2024.
Ah! You are getting greedy here Being a govt deptt, that's still some time away.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2024, 19:27   #1455

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post

I withdrew my PF amount a few weeks back. I had some issues withdrawing via the online form as it was asking me for additional documents and the online form had an option to upload only the cancelled cheque image. So had to visit the Hyderabad PF office. Had to make a couple of visits as they needed last employer signature and stamp on some documents. But once submitted, the claim amount came in the account in about 4-5 working days.

Some useful tips:
1. Have all the KYC uploaded on the PF site: Bank, Pan and Passport. For me they had specifically asked for proof of citizenship, so had to upload the Passport KYC as well
2. If the claim gets rejected, the UAN site (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.g...mberinterface/) does not give the details of the reason for the rejection. For those details, visit the member passbook site (https://passbook.epfindia.gov.in/MemberPassBook/login). Note that the updates between UAN and the Passbook site is usually synced once in 6 hrs or so.
3. If additional documents are needed to be submitted, put all of them in a single PDF and submit it against the cancelled cheque field. (I got to know this from the officer, when I went to submit the documents in person).

Hope this helps
rodmart is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks