Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2023, 19:09   #1396
BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Please be advised that VPF is also taxable beyond the threshold (post 2.5L?? contribution).
Yes, hence I am staying within the 2.5L employee contribution for both PF+VPF combined to stay below that limit. Although the employer contribution will make it past 2.5L per year, it doesn't matter as only employee contribution is subject to threshold.
Old 20th November 2023, 19:31   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
In my case, my service history in my 2nd job's PF office was updated from 2019 (when I started 2nd job) but it should have been from 2005 (when I started first job) and since my 2nd job was cutting my EPS money, the 2nd job PF office deemed that as wrong as my service start (as per them) was from 2019 while back in 2014 september some rule came that no EPS deduction for people starting job after that date.
Seeking your help for the quoted part. In my case there is no pending transfer but the service history does not reflect the first organization that I worked for.

Do you think it is necessary to get this updated?. If yes, could you please help with the procedure to get this done?
Old 20th November 2023, 19:37   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, hence I am staying within the 2.5L employee contribution for both PF+VPF combined to stay below that limit. Although the employer contribution will make it past 2.5L per year, it doesn't matter as only employee contribution is subject to threshold.
In which case, VPF makes lot of sense if you intend to invest this amount only in debt. Only drawback(or +ve depending on the view point) will be the liquidity.
Old 20th November 2023, 19:52   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 115 View Post
Seeking your help for the quoted part. In my case there is no pending transfer but the service history does not reflect the first organization that I worked for.

Do you think it is necessary to get this updated?. If yes, could you please help with the procedure to get this done?

It will be in your best interest to get it updated. I don't know the steps but I am sure if you google it, you should find something. I never did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
In which case, VPF makes lot of sense if you intend to invest this amount only in debt. Only drawback(or +ve depending on the view point) will be the liquidity.
It is not about investing in only debt. I invest heavily (relatively) in equity too through mutual funds. But we all know that equity doesn't have compounding as the value of something (per unit in mutual fund or a stock value) is something that keeps changing so no compounding applicable.

I invest in PPF too every year and try to do 3L (myself and wife's name) as compounding works there too and it is EEE. Although I don't get any 80c benefit as I use new regime.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2023, 15:58   #1400
BANNED

Quote:
My previous organization botched up really bad and worse was that while I was in service, they maintained a trust and then they transferred everything to EPFO which further complicated things.
Exactly happening with me as well. End result is that my 9 years of service history is missing as Pvt trust folks never imported my service history from previous org & never transferred to to next org. Now i have almost worked it out with multiple grievances. Hopefully, I have already my last grievance 2 days back & will be fixed in next week or so.
Old 27th November 2023, 17:11   #1401
BHPian

Anyone got the interest credited for the year 2022-23? I was expecting it by Diwali time but hasn't happened
Old 27th November 2023, 17:28   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Anyone got the interest credited for the year 2022-23? I was expecting it by Diwali time but hasn't happened
Checked my passbook last week and 2022-23 PF interest is credited.

And first time saw the TDS deduction in the statement as shown.
Attached Thumbnails
The "Provident Fund" Thread-tdsded.png  

Last edited by kavu75 : 27th November 2023 at 17:30.
kavu75 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 19:59   #1403
BHPian

Hi, I need a help from people who have gone thru the process of transferring their PF from an exempted institution to the PF trust.

I tried the online way thru the unified portal for my wife's PF transfer, but getting an error as
"DOB is not the same in the UAN and UIDAI site"
When I doubled checked the details like Name, DOB, Address, Father's Name etc and exactly the same.

Any idea what may be the issue.
Old 27th November 2023, 20:03   #1404
BHPian

A question regarding TDS on withdrawals.
As per EPF rules, Withdrawals before five years of continuous service are subject to TDS.
My recent job was say 2 years, but I have contributed to EPF for 20 years (and all previous EPF accounts rolled over to newer accounts). Will TDS be applicable if I withdraw the EPF corpus?
Thanks in Advance!
Old 27th November 2023, 21:16   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
A question regarding TDS on withdrawals.
As per EPF rules, Withdrawals before five years of continuous service are subject to TDS.
My recent job was say 2 years, but I have contributed to EPF for 20 years (and all previous EPF accounts rolled over to newer accounts). Will TDS be applicable if I withdraw the EPF corpus?
Thanks in Advance!
No, TDS is not applicable in your case as you have more than 5 years of continuous service irrespective of number of employers.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2023, 22:45   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Ro@dSt@r View Post
Hi, I need a help from people who have gone thru the process of transferring their PF from an exempted institution to the PF trust.

I tried the online way thru the unified portal for my wife's PF transfer, but getting an error as
"DOB is not the same in the UAN and UIDAI site"
When I doubled checked the details like Name, DOB, Address, Father's Name etc and exactly the same.

Any idea what may be the issue.
Read my post in the previous page, I am getting the same error. Checking with a few friends over the weekend revealed some of them facing the same issue. Guess there is some error in the portal itself. You get this when you implement technology for the sake of technology. Idiots!
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 13:36   #1407
BANNED

Quote:
Speaking from personal experience , I filled up the form online on EPFO site and shared the same over mail to previous org as a scanned copy who did the transfer and amount was credited in 3 weeks time. Do not forget to get your service history transferred please. Learned it hard way & now i am toiling for last 6 months to get tp same updated.
.sushilkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 14:54   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Read my post in the previous page, I am getting the same error. Checking with a few friends over the weekend revealed some of them facing the same issue. Guess there is some error in the portal itself. You get this when you implement technology for the sake of technology. Idiots!
Its working fine now. My wife was able to submit her transfer application without any change in the personal data in either of the site.
And all I got was a statement that "Your intentions were not right while doing this thats why "
D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 15:43   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Do not forget to get your service history transferred please. Learned it hard way & now i am toiling for last 6 months to get tp same updated.
Can you please clarify how this service transfer works? Asking coz I have done two transfers in the past for the PF corpus and I have not done anything extra apart from Form 13 transfer. Want to understand if I missed anything. My complete Service history is available in the Unified Portal and in the EPF passbook page.
Quote:
Its working fine now. My wife was able to submit her transfer application without any change in the personal data in either of the site.
And all I got was a statement that "Your intentions were not right while doing this thats why "
Yeah, I was able to submit my request today, guess they have fixed the issue on their side.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2023, 16:07   #1410
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Can you please clarify how this service transfer works? Asking coz I have done two transfers in the past for the PF corpus and I have not done anything extra apart from Form 13 transfer.
Procedure stays same

A) Take Print out of Form 13 once submitted at EPFO claim portal. Print it physically, Sign & scan.
B) Attach a print of claim screenshot from EPFO portal once it is accepted by Field Office. Something like below. It typically takes 3-4 working days for claim to be accepted by FO.

Scan both the forms in a single PDF and share with your org EPFO office.

The "Provident Fund" Thread-screenshot-20231129-155914.png
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks