Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2023, 10:03   #1231
BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

I was able to change the password yesterday. Could not login with new credentials. As mentioned on the page to wait for 6 hours post credential change, I tried to login today and I get this errror:

Error occured while fetching data : -1843

Don't know what this means.
Old 18th January 2023, 12:09   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandey.jai View Post
Does the passbook site ever work? I’ve been trying to log in all weekend and it just doesn’t open!
I am also having trouble transferring my PF and my previous company asked to me to wait for 1 month or so as site is undergoing changes.

My assumption is site is undergoing changes to accommodate separate account for amount that exceeds 5 lakh contribution per year.
shashant is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2023, 19:57   #1233
BHPian

Just saw this news : https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...g-9888731.html
I am yet to login and confirm but thought to share
pravs3012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 00:23   #1234
BHPian

Yes, the passbook and EPF sites are working now.
Old 19th January 2023, 10:53   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoLXI View Post
I was able to change the password yesterday. Could not login with new credentials. As mentioned on the page to wait for 6 hours post credential change, I tried to login today and I get this errror:

Error occured while fetching data : -1843

Don't know what this means.
Facing the same problem. Managed to change the password and now it says that username/password are incorrect. However, I am able to access my passbook via umang app (no password required, only OTP). Do not see interest credited for me.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 11:09   #1236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Facing the same problem. Managed to change the password and now it says that username/password are incorrect. However, I am able to access my passbook via umang app (no password required, only OTP). Do not see interest credited for me.
I also managed to access my passbook via Umang app and see that interest for 2021-22 is yet to be credited.
Old 19th January 2023, 11:13   #1237
Senior - BHPian

I foresee a grave situation for EPF subscribers, the interest rates have dropped over the years, now a long delay to pay interest, what next? I have struggled to rectify few basic mistakes created by my previous employer since 5 months. Unless the EPFO is not managed properly, our subscribers are at the risk of losing our money.
Old 19th January 2023, 11:21   #1238
BHPian

I tried accessing the member passbook but it rejected saying password needs to be changed and that too only in member portal. So I tried unified portal and during login it prompted for password change.

In first attempt, after entering the new password and triggering Aadhar OTP, the page timed out. In second attempt by refreshing the page, the Aadhar OTP generated but once I entered the page timed out. I waited for few minutes and email from aadhar came that authentication is successful. Then got email from EPFO too for password change success. Finally webpage refreshes and displays password change success and redirects to login. Again page times out while logging with new credentials. One more refresh and now able to login to unified portal successfully.

Now I guess I have to wait for 6 hours (to sync?) to try the passbook login but will allow a day atleast to avoid issues.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 13:49   #1239
BHPian

Update: Logged in to the passbook portal smoothly. Some changes in the passbook portal are visible.

Portal is updated to show taxable and non taxable interest component.

Only new view is available and old view is no longer available for my login. I guess they removed it to avoid the backward compatibility with the new taxable PF interest regime.

Interest for FY 21-22 is not credited to my account yet. With just only 2 months for the completion of FY-22-23 and no sign of interest for previous FY is not confidence inspiring despite proclamations on Twitter. Will Government allow if I delay the tax (and its interest) payment for 12 months? Will penalty not applicable for me?
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 14:25   #1240
Team-BHP Support

Old scrollable view is gone. Thankfully passbook still shows entire history.

No interest credit for previous fiscal. Ironic, they want to charge us interest while hoarding our money interest-free.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2023, 17:37   #1241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
I left my previous employer in 2004, before UAN or mobile or Aadhar linking was there. The account is in inoperative state now as it was not transferred to my current PF account.

When I tried to do online transfer/merge of the two, the EPF website says my previous account and current details does not match. There isn't any more details.

There could be mismatch of a alphabet in my name or my father's name or maybe due to mobile number missing.

Now what are my options to bring that money to my current PF account?

Let me know if anyone faced this.
You have to approach the EPFO thru your previous employer's PF desk. they will not take any other way. i have money stuck too; also an earlier employer's PF collections PF dept says they issued me a cheque. Am not sure about that....... there are a set of forms to be submitted.
Old 21st January 2023, 11:03   #1242
BHPian

Any idea what is the turn around time for a transfer request from previous employer to present employer? The request was raised online on 14th January 2023 and accepted by employer on 16th January 2023. The current status shows as 'Accepted by employer-> pending at field office'.
Old 21st January 2023, 13:14   #1243
BANNED

My aunt had a PF account from one of her jobs really long back (I think must be in the 90s) before the system became automated etc. The company then closed down & she never transferred the account & claimed the money back. I was wondering if something can be done about it now. She has a receipt/counterfoil she got from the company back then. Is there anything that can be done at all?
Old 21st January 2023, 14:10   #1244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
My aunt had a PF account from one of her jobs really long back (I think must be in the 90s) before the system became automated etc. Is there anything that can be done at all?
Talk to a CA or visit the nearby EPFO office, there will be some option to withdraw the money.
Old 21st January 2023, 14:56   #1245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
... She has a receipt/counterfoil she got from the company back then. Is there anything that can be done at all?
If there are identifying details in her paperwork, and the relevant EPFO is known, it's worth a visit.

It can be a task to extract files, but govt. offices often keep them meticulously.

Source: had to rummage through an EPFO to find a file several years ago. We did find it .
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed