Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2022, 17:46   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValarMorghulis View Post
How??

What makes you say so? The IPO?
I have been following all the anti-middle class policies of the government, it will happen soon.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 11:51   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I have been following all the anti-middle class policies of the government, it will happen soon.
Please share some and help us understand too.
We'll rise up together.
Old 28th March 2022, 10:21   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks, my PF transfer has been rejected with the below reason.
"1) SUBMIT CLAIM THROUGH ONLNE AFTER SUBMISSION OF 4PS5PS7PS8PS WITH BREAK IN SERVICE 2) FATHERs NAME DIFFERS"

For issue 1, is it because I have a gap of 15 days before I joined my current org? Also what is the 4PS5PS7PS8PS form?

For issue 2, I saw in the epf site that one has to submit a joint declaration for correction. Is it my org and I have to submit the declaration jointly?

Can anyone please clarify?
Old 28th March 2022, 11:01   #1129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
"1) SUBMIT CLAIM THROUGH ONLNE AFTER SUBMISSION OF 4PS5PS7PS8PS WITH BREAK IN SERVICE 2) FATHERs NAME DIFFERS"

For issue 1, is it because I have a gap of 15 days before I joined my current org? Also what is the 4PS5PS7PS8PS form?

I can comment on Issue 1, I had also applied for transfer last October and I also had a gap of similar days between the jobs but that did not create any issues during transfer.

Is it the same PF office transfer for you? Like KR Puram PF office, it would be, if the office location is in the same area. Same office transfers tend to be faster in my opinion (have done 2 same office transfers so far personally).
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 12:18   #1130
BHPian

Quote:

For issue 2, I saw in the epf site that one has to submit a joint declaration for correction. Is it my org and I have to submit the declaration jointly?

For issue no 1, you have to wait till your employer submit those forms. I presume your previous employer is exempted trust as it is applicable only to them. 4PS, 5PS, 7PS, 8PS are all return forms to be submitted by employers of Exempted trusts. PS stands for Pension Scheme. Refer this link https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/...#Return%20Form

I suggest you wait till May before resubmitting the online transfer claim as some of those forms are yearly forms due by April only.
thanixravindran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 12:32   #1131
BHPian

Hello friends, just want to know can we make partial withdrawal from the PF account? If yes then how?

Also, if there is any previous discussion already done on this topic can someone please post the link?

Thank you.
Old 28th March 2022, 13:00   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Is it the same PF office transfer for you? Like KR Puram PF office, it would be, if the office location is in the same area. Same office transfers tend to be faster in my opinion (have done 2 same office transfers so far personally).
Thanks for the response anandtheleo. No my passport office is the one in vittal mallya road. Maybe other process as mentioned by thanixravindran below might be needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
For issue no 1, you have to wait till your employer submit those forms. I presume your previous employer is exempted trust as it is applicable only to them. 4PS, 5PS, 7PS, 8PS are all return forms to be submitted by employers of Exempted trusts. PS stands for Pension Scheme. Refer this link https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/...#Return%20Form

I suggest you wait till May before resubmitting the online transfer claim as some of those forms are yearly forms due by April only.
When you suggest employer have to submit the forms is it from the current org or the previous org? Asking so that I can follow up with the right one.

Sure will wait until May before resubmission. Thanks for detailed response & the link as well. Very helpful!
Old 28th March 2022, 13:08   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the response anandtheleo. No my passport office is the one in vittal mallya road. Maybe other process as mentioned by thanixravindran below might be needed.

When you suggest employer have to submit the forms is it from the current org or the previous org? Asking so that I can follow up with the right one.

Sure will wait until May before resubmission. Thanks for detailed response & the link as well. Very helpful!
It is the previous employer. Is it correct that your previous employer is an exempted trust?
Old 29th March 2022, 07:49   #1134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
It is the previous employer. Is it correct that your previous employer is an exempted trust?
Sorry missed that part earlier. Yes it is an exempted trust. Is it the same for all exempted trust maintained PF's?
Old 29th March 2022, 11:16   #1135
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry missed that part earlier. Yes it is an exempted trust. Is it the same for all exempted trust maintained PF's?
Yes. The way I understand exempted trust operates is they operate your PF money in trust but have a pension account with EPFO only. So you will have a employer provided trust PF number and EPFO pension number that is used to deposit the Rs.1250 deducted towards pension fund to EPFO each month. These return forms are to reconcile the pension fund with EPFO for the members.

Now when you are changing jobs and moving from exempted trust to EPFO (unexempted non trust companies), the trust has to transfer the PF money to EPFO bank account. For pension there is no fund transfer because the trust is always depositing the Rs.1250 pension fund to EPFO. So they will issue the statement with service period and PF office will match it the above forms.

You will see this in the online transfer form you submit. Once PF field office approves, then you have to follow the procedure of the previous employer (It may be a transfer request form showing this approval) to intimate them and they will do the transfer and upload a annexure K in PF portal once transfer out is complete.

This is to ensure correctness when pension is calculated at retirement age of 58. Different calculations for service years with and without break. 15 days do not affect it. I underwent this two years ago and I am not sure whether there are further streamlining happened now.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2022, 12:21   #1136
BHPian

Are we not allowed to contribute to PPF today? My transaction got rejected saying 'Not allowed'

Is this due to Annual Bank Closing holiday?
Old 1st April 2022, 14:26   #1137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
Are we not allowed to contribute to PPF today? My transaction got rejected saying 'Not allowed'

One possibility is your 15 year term or 5 year extension has expired (it happened to me) or like you rightly suggested due to bank holiday.
In any case any deposit till 5th of the month gets the full month's interest. So best to invest on 4th or 5th.
Old 3rd April 2022, 06:00   #1138
BHPian

Quote:

Even I was not able to transfer online . Got error message saying amount exceeds 1.5 lakhs for this financial year. Although it was my first transaction for FY 22-23.
Old 3rd April 2022, 11:34   #1139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Even I was not able to transfer online . Got error message saying amount exceeds 1.5 lakhs for this financial year. Although it was my first transaction for FY 22-23.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgv View Post
One possibility is your 15 year term or 5 year extension has expired (it happened to me) or like you rightly suggested due to bank holiday.
In any case any deposit till 5th of the month gets the full month's interest. So best to invest on 4th or 5th.

This was indeed due to 1st April being bank holiday. I now remember I had faced same issue last year too. Was able to contribute on 2nd April (even last year). So all good.
Old 3rd April 2022, 19:37   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Quote:
This was indeed due to 1st April being bank holiday. I now remember I had faced same issue last year too. Was able to contribute on 2nd April (even last year). So all good.
Online transactions are generally permitted even on bank holidays.

If this issue is faced specific to PPF transactions only, then it may be more to do with a back end system reset of the FY limits imposed by the respective banks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks