Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 10:34   #1006
BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Does it make sense for me to ask for a transfer or should I just leave it at 2 separate items and withdraw at the time of retirement?
I’m hoping it’s not a big deal if the balance of the previous org account isn’t transferred to the new.
Remember reading that EPFO wanted to create sub accounts for contribution exceeding the tax free contribution limit.
It is better to unify the account to simplify your tracking and subsequent withdrawal.
As long as the personal details match, the transfer should be seamless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Hi all,If someone quits a job and does not plan to work in any other company, can he leave the PF to earn interest every year and withdraw it any time he needs? Or will the amount get locked up till retirement age if left inactive?
Thank you in advance.
There is a 3 year limit, post which the subsequent interest earned becomes taxable (and account becomes dormant). The account has to be closed within (7/10 years, not sure of the time frame). Post which the account is moved to some investor fund (like the unclaimed dividends for equity), not sure if a subsequent claim can be made on the swept out amount.
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 15:19   #1007
BHPian

Re: All Income Tax Queries (refunds, disputes, rates etc...)

I need help. While I am able to login to the EPFO site using my UID n pw (unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in) and view my basic details, I am unable to view my passboojk. When I click on the passbook option, it takes me to another portal (passbook.epfindia.gov.in) where it asks for the UID and pw. Though I give the same UID and pw that I used to login earlier, it says that the ID/pw is incorrect. I have entered both slowly and carefully (including checking capslock). Is there any other registration for the passbook? What am I missing?
Old 29th September 2021, 19:36   #1008
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
There is a 3 year limit, post which the subsequent interest earned becomes taxable (and account becomes dormant). The account has to be closed within (7/10 years, not sure of the time frame). Post which the account is moved to some investor fund (like the unclaimed dividends for equity), not sure if a subsequent claim can be made on the swept out amount.
Thank you for the info. So, I can plan to leave it for 3 years and then withdraw and invest in some other instrument.
Old 30th September 2021, 13:44   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Thank you for the info. So, I can plan to leave it for 3 years and then withdraw and invest in some other instrument.
Yes, this has been my plan in case I choose to be come non-salaried.

But, must say that I find the EPF rules very confusing and looking for information in the EPFO website is frustrating to say the least.
whitewing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 14:20   #1010
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Does it make sense for me to ask for a transfer or should I just leave it at 2 separate items and withdraw at the time of retirement?

I’m hoping it’s not a big deal if the balance of the previous org account isn’t transferred to the new.
I will suggest that you get the transfer done, that way you will have just one account with the consolidated balance. It doesn't take anything like your time and effort to get this done since you just have to just fill the forms and let your current employer take care -they will usually have an agent who will get the things done and do necessary follow ups if needed.

Last edited by NPV : 30th September 2021 at 14:22.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 17:56   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Thanks NPV & whitewing.
I’ll initiate the transfer. One headache less to deal with later on.
Old 30th September 2021, 19:12   #1012
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, question regarding NPS:

I have a small amount going into NPS. This is because I tried to increase the PF deduction, but PF deduction being standard, the additional amount does not go into my PF account.

Since the accrued amount will not be substantial ,
1. How will this accrued amount come back to me ?
2. does it make sense to stop that deduction ?
3. Can I withdraw that additional part (For re-investment).
Old 28th October 2021, 19:01   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Any of you got the last year interest amount credited to your EPF account?
Old 29th October 2021, 09:25   #1014
BHPian

Finance ministry approves the interest rate of 8.5% for 2020-21. Hope the interest is credited before Diwali.

Source: https://www.timesnownews.com/busines...or-2020/827541
Simhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 11:17   #1015
BHPian

Finally, the interest for 2020-21 got credited when I checked the account today.
Simhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 11:28   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Finally, the interest for 2020-21 got credited when I checked the account today.
Does this happen in staggered manner and there is no way to know when it will be credited for someone? I checked on EPFO website and I still don't see it credited for me.
Old 21st November 2021, 11:51   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Does this happen in staggered manner and there is no way to know when it will be credited for someone? I checked on EPFO website and I still don't see it credited for me.
I haven't received it yet either. I for one do not understand EPFO department at all, considering the nature of the work I find them the most inefficient bunch.
Old 24th November 2021, 20:09   #1018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
I haven't received it yet either. I for one do not understand EPFO department at all, considering the nature of the work I find them the most inefficient bunch.
Not sure about the official process, but have seen this earlier also that interest gets credited on different dates for different people. May be region wise, but not sure.

For me interest upto March 21 was credited on 11th Nov.
Old 25th November 2021, 10:29   #1019
BHPian

I have also got the Interest for FY20-21 credited in my PF account, if you are looking at passbook on desktop / laptop screen, it will appear in the previous years statement. So you need to select the previous year to see it.
Old 25th November 2021, 13:24   #1020
BHPian

Guys, few question regarding PF:

My current company does not give PF. Will I keep getting interest on the total amount I have from my previous company deductions ? If yes then for how long and how to withdraw both employee/employer and pension components completely if the interest stops getting added ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks