Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2020, 20:38   #856
BHPian

Re: The "Provident Fund" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Also what is the max percentage in VPF I can put? In PF, it is 12% that goes. Online I read and it says max 100% of basic is allowed.
As far as I know, if the PF is managed by EPFO, then VPF can go upto 100% of your basic. But, if it is managed by a trust (like our company), then they fix the limit. And in our company, it is fixed to 28%.
Old 10th February 2020, 21:16   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
As far as I know, if the PF is managed by EPFO, then VPF can go upto 100% of your basic. But, if it is managed by a trust (like our company), then they fix the limit. And in our company, it is fixed to 28%.
I believe that in my company too it is managed by the trust. I will still ask them about the maximum cap.
Old 18th February 2020, 14:31   #858
BHPian

I have recently opened my PPF account with ICICI bank sometime in february. Everything was done via the app, took less than 5 minutes to do it all. Very convenient, I also have my 3 yo daughter’s account in ICICI and planning to open her SSY account this year. Any idea how to open the SSY account and necessary docs required for it.
Old 5th March 2020, 14:25   #859
BHPian

EPF interest rate is reduced to 8.5% for 2019-20. Here is the link
Old 23rd May 2020, 18:17   #860
BHPian

Anyone see their contributions getting reflected since last 2-3 months? I know these are difficult times but here is the delima:

I am not seeing my contributions since March 2020 getting reflected but I do get the SMS that the office has received the same. Why isn't is seamless if the have received the money? I will eventually loose on the interest for these few months
Old 23rd May 2020, 22:30   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilch View Post
I am not seeing my contributions since March 2020 getting reflected but I do get the SMS that the office has received the same
No problem at my end. I’ve got month on month texts for the PF getting credited. You might want to check with HR.

Cheers
Amey
Old 23rd May 2020, 22:40   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey Kulkarni View Post
No problem at my end. I’ve got month on month texts for the PF getting credited. You might want to check with HR.

Cheers
Amey
The SMSs came in from EPFO as they do every month once they receive the contribution at their end. So the company HR/Finance team have done their job I suppose.

These are not getting reflected in the statement on the EPFO site for my account (which is with HYD branch of EPFO).

I am thinking of raising a grievance for the same as it had helped me with similar issue 2 years back but I am just giving them the leeway due to the ongoing pandemic induced lockdowns.

But if it isn't fixed by the end of this month, I will have to raise a grievance. I will be forced to raise it
Old 23rd May 2020, 22:50   #863
BHPian

Quote:
So the company HR/Finance team have done their job I suppose.
I was referring to the HR as every company has a consultant for PF and other statutory compliances for which the process owners are HR. You might get your answer and resolution more sooner. If not then you can always raise a grievance request.

Cheers
Amey
Old 23rd May 2020, 22:54   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone see their contributions getting reflected since last 2-3 months? I know these are difficult times but here is the delima:

I am not seeing my contributions since March 2020 getting reflected but I do get the SMS that the office has received the same. Why isn't is seamless if the have received the money? I will eventually loose on the interest for these few months
The SMS that I get from EPFO has the monthly contribution as well as updated balance. Isn't that the case for you?
Old 23rd May 2020, 22:58   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
The SMS that I get from EPFO has the monthly contribution as well as updated balance. Isn't that the case for you?
For a strange reason, the SMS has the old balance and the contribution amount (not the sum of old balance + new contribution) for two consecutive months. So that is what has worried me a bit. Nevertheless, I suppose I can wait until end of this month and then raise a query with them.
Old 23rd May 2020, 23:07   #866
BHPian

Quote:
For a strange reason, the SMS has the old balance and the contribution amount (not the sum of old balance + new contribution) for two consecutive months. So that is what has worried me a bit. Nevertheless, I suppose I can wait until end of this month and then raise a query with them.
Got it. If it has been happening since a few months, I would suggest that you raise a grievance immediately. There seems to be something definitely wrong here, maybe a bug within their system.
EPFO as an organization is certainly not known for being super efficient. Good luck on getting this addressed and do update what comes out of it.
Old 24th May 2020, 14:34   #867
Senior - BHPian

Advise every one to be super care full with the pf contributions. I contribute a significant amount to my VPF and constantly check the balance in the EPFO website. In Jan or Feb I saw a totally different figure as the monthly contribution. Raised a service request. The payroll management is completely outsourced and my company does not have any proper finance team in India. These payroll management company was excruciatingly slow in the response and was blaming the PF office. Normally people will suspect PF office due to their lethargy. They assured that this will be taken up with pf office and will be fixed.

One month later we received a official mail from our finance team stating that the payroll management company has screwed up the pf transfer amounts and a number of employees are affected.

So it is natural for every one to suspect EPFO, but some of these finance and payroll management companies are equally careless and lethargic. They will try to pass the buck to PFO as usual. So always keep an eye on the monthly transfers and balance.
Old 24th May 2020, 16:56   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone see their contributions getting reflected since last 2-3 months? ... I will eventually loose on the interest for these few months
Same case. I too cannot see the contributions for the last two months.
Old 10th July 2020, 09:20   #869
Senior - BHPian

I know its a long shot but has anyone withdrawn their PF funds in the last 3-4 months. I made a claim in February, well before the lock-down, and it is still showing "under process". I tried writing a few emails. They were very prompt to forward my mail to the correct/concerned regional office but from then on there is no response.

Is there a way I can know anything more about my claim other than an 'under process' message?
Old 10th July 2020, 10:00   #870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I know its a long shot but has anyone withdrawn their PF funds in the last 3-4 months. I made a claim in February, well before the lock-down, and it is still showing "under process". I tried writing a few emails. They were very prompt to forward my mail to the correct/concerned regional office but from then on there is no response.

Is there a way I can know anything more about my claim other than an 'under process' message?
The best way is through RTI. You can file it online. I had a lot a problems with my PF transfer many years ago and they were not responding properly. An RTI promptly did the job.
sdp1975 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks