Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2009, 12:43   #1201
BHPian

There was this Chinese Bandi near the present GVK One, he used to serve real tasty chicken Lollypops, Awesome Chilly Chicken and etc. He seems to have shifted out from there or rather he was kicked out of that place, when GVK One was being constructed. Does anyone know, where the Chinese Bandi Wala has shifted to?
Old 30th November 2009, 12:46   #1202
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Does anyone know, where the Chinese Bandi Wala has shifted to?
He moved exactly 5 feet away from his original location

In short, he still is there next to the exit gate of GVK One.
Old 30th November 2009, 12:51   #1203
BHPian

Do you mean the one who has set up his bandi near the Banjara Hills GPO? I really doubt if it is him.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:34   #1204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
He moved exactly 5 feet away from his original location

In short, he still is there next to the exit gate of GVK One.
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Do you mean the one who has set up his bandi near the Banjara Hills GPO? I really doubt if it is him.
Going by previous posts by MC and Mobike008, we gave that a try a couple of months ago---and it was truely terrible. Even Pulsar56 had a similar experience, so this is how we rate that bandi:
Old 30th November 2009, 13:37   #1205
BHPian

If its the chinese bandi near GVK, I guess its beside the Post office near GVK.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:28   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday got takeaway from Bowl of China - Himayat Nagar
Items Ordered
  1. Hot & Sour Chicken Soup
  2. Cantonese Soup
  3. Manchow Soup
  4. Mongolian Chicken
  5. Crispy Corn
  6. Veg/ Mixed Soft noodles
  7. Some Chicken Gravy
  8. Some Veg Gravy
Verdict: The H&S soup tasted like spicy rasam only slightly thicker. The Chicken Gravy tasted like Andhra Chicken with copious amount of oil. So won't be going there again. Some one needs to the chef.

OT: Somehow the BoC at Minister Road is much better in terms of food taste.
Old 30th November 2009, 15:36   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
so this is how we rate that bandi:
I echo to what you say about that Bandi near GVK. I really wonder where has the actual owner shifted his base to from here. I still remember, how we would see hordes of people sitting in their parked cars, waiting for their orders.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:02   #1208
BANNED

After being starved for good chats in B'lore for a long time, I did spend good amount of my weekends over past 2 yrs at many a pani-puri/bhaji/chai bhandi/shops in KPHB area. Now, its time to lose the 10+ kgs have put on and am trying to go Subway approach.
But there is a problem - foot long veggie delight is yummy but no way sufficient for me. So am looking at ingredients to prepare b'fast / lunch @ home.

Before am for these not so appetizing thoughts, want to ask your help in locating stores to buy fresh lettuce, soya chunks (sealed / branded ones like badshah's etc., instead of the loose meal-maker available in almost all shops) and unpolished/semi-polished rice in this city of Nawabs.
I did check out the More./spencer shops in KPHB. Got lucky once in big-bazaar Ameerpet with lettuce. Any other locations you folks can suggest?

Vijay
Old 30th November 2009, 16:09   #1209
Team-BHP Support

Banjara Hills Rd 12: 24 Lettered Mantra for brown rice.
You even get poha made from brown rice.

Also check out HyderCity.
They also stock some stuff from 24 Lettered Mantra.

Plus HyperCity has some decent greens and salad vegetables.

Last edited by bblost : 30th November 2009 at 16:14.
Old 30th November 2009, 16:12   #1210
Distinguished - BHPian

Chinese Bandhi at GVK one, had a couple of veg dishes ( Veg Schezwan Noodles and some veg snack), i found both of them really good.

Never tried NV or been there again. Need to visit them again to give them a thrashing for serving horrible food to fellow TBHPian's

@MC, Bowl of China has always been inconsistent and i find their food best ( actually slightly better) in their Tirumulghery outlet.

Btw, i am surprised you got soups as takeaway? That's a first for me
Old 30th November 2009, 16:23   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Saturday Night Dinner:

4 Seasons:
Saturday being Bakrid, I had a craving for good Biryani. So, decided to head out to Usman Thekri complex. And to my horror, almost all the shops were closed except 4 Seasons.

Order: 1 Mutton Biryani + 1 Khubani ka Meetha

And for the food, well, I paid Rs. 236 for the above two items which felt like robbery as all I got in the biryani were bones and had to search for the mutton.

Sunday Brunch:
Stopped at Tiwari Brothers, Khairatabad to pick up some breakfast/lunch.

Order: One Grilled Sandwich, One Masala Milk + 100 Grams Hot Jalebis (couldn't control LOL)
Damage: Rs. 100 ONLY
And I am still a fan of this place!
Old 30th November 2009, 16:27   #1212
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That's Pragati Idli joint and yes, they serve one of the best and soft idlis in town. We also had a tbhp meet at this joint
Thanks, mobike008, for reminding me of Pragati's name: when we visit Hyderabad next, our first port of call will be Pragati! Of course, it goes without saying that G Pulla Reddy Pure Ghee Sweets [Abids and Begumpet] will be the last one for take-away sweets [khova puri and special khara mixture]!

Last edited by J.Ravi : 30th November 2009 at 16:37.

Old 30th November 2009, 18:52   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Been to TGIF this afternoon with a colleague of mine. TGIF is having a 2 course lunch menu to be chosen from Soup, Appetizers, Salads, Entrees and mini desert with unlimited soft drinks or lemonades. The portions and the menu from which the selection for the 2 course is to be done, is pretty good and IMHO, value for money given the fact that individual dishes in TGIF is expensive.

I opted for Spicy Chicken with dip (Appetizer), Chicken Ceaser Salad and Lemonade. My colleague (Veggie) had Summer Garden Salad, Veg Quesadillas and Coke..

The portions of the dishes were pretty reasonable considering that the lunch costs INR 199 inclusive of taxes. This is valid for Monday through Friday from 12:00 noon to 05:00 PM.

Damages: INR 398 plus tip

Check the URL: Welcome to T.G.I.F
Thanks for the lead. It also appeared as an advert in today's newspaper.

Being a holiday due to bandh, put in De Dana Dan matinee show and TGIF for lunch.

The 199/- lunch comes with portions that are huge, the food is much more tastier than ever before, the choice in the menu is pretty vast, the bottomless lemonade continued to flow, the service is far better than before.

Verdict - do not miss TGIF for lunch on a weekday and do say thanks for such schemes and service to Hard Rock Cafe which has created competition for TGIF and forced it to improve and make their food value for money.
Old 1st December 2009, 00:30   #1214
Distinguished - BHPian

After a long hiatus, been to "Nimantran" in lane next to begumpet airport out of pure impulse as i was driving by on Sunday night.

We ordered :-

Pussy Foot ( Mocktail)- Rs.80

Very tasty and filling

Chicken Drumsticks : Rs.130

Delicious with a lot of meat to the bone unlike other places where they are usually thinly coated

Meat Biryani : Rs. 150

Soft Drink

After a long time had a tasty biryani. I liked it very much. However, i used to be a big fan of their Kheema biryani in the past when i used to visit this place often for beverages.

Total Damage : Rs.440
Old 1st December 2009, 00:38   #1215
Senior - BHPian

Jelibis at Tewari Bros on Sunday 2pm are too delicious and to die for.He makes them only on Sunday.You could eat them on Sunday and peacefully die next day as your life is fulfilled !!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks