Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2009, 16:25   #1171
BHPian

Yeah! There used to be a Mobile Van that used to stand near the NTR Gardens. Was it "Pariwar Dhaba on Wheels" something? It was a Kitchen on the Move kindda concept, where in they served the food where ever they parked the van.
Old 15th November 2009, 01:29   #1172
Distinguished - BHPian

Parcelled a lot of stuff from Shahji Ka Dhaba at Lakdikapul for a small get-together at home :-

Tandoori Chicken- 2 No's
Chicken Tikka - 2 No's
Mutton Masala-1 No
Tangdi Kabab-1 No's
Paneer 65-2 No's
Meat Biryani- 2 No's

Total Damage : Rs.1100

Tandoori Chicken was good expect it was burnt a bit more than it was supposed to be.

Paneer 65 was also just about ok.

Rest of the items were superb. Really tasty !!!. VFM Place
Old 15th November 2009, 13:02   #1173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Also, this bandhi folks were notorious for information/coordination of " you know what" activities
No, i don't know. Please tell me

.......also..

Anyone hit the new Thai Food place next to QMart yet? Looking forward to hear some reviews. [Specially on their tom yum gai/goog and pad thai]
Old 15th November 2009, 13:25   #1174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Just to rekindle those old memories, does any one remember the name of the Chinese Fast Food outlet, which was near Nagarjuna Circle? It was located exactly where the Mahindra Showroom is right now. A very bleak memory reminds me that is was something "Sidhartha Fastfoods" or something. This was way back in the early 90's.

Someone please tell me, you remember that place
I'd visited that place in Dec, 1989 when I travelled to Hyd from Vizag to buy a used M800. I remember the food was yummy at that place, and N Circle hardly had any traffic those days. It was a fav joint of one of my colleagues who hails from Hyd. Sorry I don't recall the name.

But when I shifted to Hyd in 2002, it had vanished by then.
Old 16th November 2009, 13:48   #1175
Distinguished - BHPian

After a long time, experienced "McDonalds", Abids last night just before going for the movie " 2012" at Big Cinemas

What we had:-
Chicken McNuggets
Chicken McGrill
Chicken Maharaja
McVeggie-2 No's
Veg Salad Burger
Paneer Salsa

All of above with Soda and Fries.

You must be thinking that's a lot of food. But, trust me burgers are so small, two bites one burger is over.

I hated the food and will never go back again ( or atleast for a long time). Somehow their food seems,tastes cheap and it always gives me a slight tummy pain later on. God knows, why people throng it!

Total Damages : Rs.450

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th November 2009 at 13:50.
Old 16th November 2009, 16:55   #1176
BHPian

Quote:
After a long time, experienced "McDonalds", Abids last night just before going for the movie " 2012" at Big Cinemas
We just cannot can we? Resist i.e., Reading this post reminded me of our conversation just 2 days back on the phone, where someone was talking about refraining.
Old 16th November 2009, 17:34   #1177
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
We just cannot can we? Resist i.e., Reading this post reminded me of our conversation just 2 days back on the phone, where someone was talking about refraining.
If you look at Post # 1172. It happened on Saturday and Sunday as well

Sigh! a few years ago were those glory days when will-power used to go out of the window when you see beautiful girls, now it's food
Old 20th November 2009, 12:33   #1178
Distinguished - BHPian

Last evening, family wanted a veg dinner and with a heavy heart, i had to agree..LOL

So visited Manish's ( Fordmanchau) favorite restuartant " Kshetra" at Khairtabad.

I had visited Kshetra way back in 2003 and i must say ambience-wise nothing changed, including those heavy iron chairs on the portico.

Weather was pleasant so decided to sit outsite in the portico with cool breeze blowing and increasing our appetite multi-folds

We ordered :-

Lemon Soup-1 No ( Rs.65)
Chinese Snacks Platter- 1 No. ( Rs.200)
Paneer Tikka Masala ( Rs.120)
Stuffed Kulcha and Tandoori Roti
Veg Fried Rice ( Rs.90)
Fruit Salad with Ice-Cream ( Rs.65)

Total Damage : Rs.650 ( Inclusive of a good tip)

Snack platter had 4 different snacks ( Veg Manchuria, Shangai Rolls, Veg Spring roll, Panner something). Except Manchuria which was bit hard and crunchy not like the soft it should be, it was quite good

Paneer Tikka Masala was just average

Breads were really good

Veg Fried Rice was nice open grained rice but had a faint smell of something, not sure what it was. It was decent in taste

Dessert was really good

Invariably my family compares with Reshmi and mom said, it's a slight notch below Reshmi in terms of quality and i tend to agree.

Will i go back again, oh yeah, will do as its decent food at VFM price.
Old 20th November 2009, 12:44   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Where exactly is Kshetra? Is it on the road towards NIMS, or on the one towards Nagarjuna Circle?
I do remember seeing it somewhere.
Old 20th November 2009, 12:44   #1180
Team-BHP Support

Not so good experience in Ohri's 1857.

Went there as a big group celebrating a b'day.

Mediocre food and worse service.
The guy serving the mock-tails dropped them.
Luckily no one was harmed except from some splashes all over the place.
It happens.

But they took forever to clean the mess.
Needed constant reminders to get their act together.

Just one waiter to serve such a large table.

They knew it was a b'day party. Infact we had booked a table much in advance.
There were atleast 2 more b'day parties in that restaurant that day.
Both of them involved children.

The management excuse for sloppy service was they are a resto-bar.

Did they not know that they cannot handle a crowd. Plus the restaurant was not exactly full that day.

Also they don't serve any desserts.
For deserts they expect patrons to go to Havmour on the ground floor.

I like the Ohri's group. But 1857, sorry you fail to live us to the high standards of Ohri's.
Old 20th November 2009, 12:49   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Where exactly is Kshetra? Is it on the road towards NIMS, or on the one towards Nagarjuna Circle?
I do remember seeing it somewhere.
When you are coming from Lakdikapul towards Khairtabad. Cross the signal and keep going straight for a few meters, and you will find a steep road on your left going up. It's right up there.

Another landmark is its about 20 meters before the Ford Showroom when coming from Khairtabad signal towards Panjagutta.

Hope it made sense.
Old 20th November 2009, 12:49   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Hi Pandey ji,
I am glad to read your post that you visited Shahji ka Dhaba and even Kshetra. both of them score heavily on the VFM factor and taste wise it's decent too. That paneer snacks must be Paneer Pahari Tikka(big sized paneer cubes). I am glad you like the dessert too(Fruit salad with icecream). Generally when I want to have a light dinner I order a noodle soup, 2 items of snack and the dessert. real good. I remember ordering fruit salad with icecream once in Haveli at whitehouse expecting it to be like the one in Kshetra but was so disappointed, they just put some canned fruits with syrup and one scoop of icecream and such pathetic taste.
Kshetra's fruit salad with icecream is such a relief!!
Old 20th November 2009, 12:52   #1183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Hi Pandey ji,
I am glad to read your post that you visited Shahji ka Dhaba and even Kshetra. both of them score heavily on the VFM factor and taste wise it's decent too. That paneer snacks must be Paneer Pahari Tikka(big sized paneer cubes). I am glad you like the dessert too(Fruit salad with icecream). Generally when I want to have a light dinner I order a noodle soup, 2 items of snack and the dessert. real good. I remember ordering fruit salad with icecream once in Haveli at whitehouse expecting it to be like the one in Kshetra but was so disappointed, they just put some canned fruits with syrup and one scoop of icecream and such pathetic taste.
Kshetra's fruit salad with icecream is such a relief!!
Yup, I guess that was Pahadi Paneer ( straight from the mountains). I agree with you their dessert was worth it. Fruits were fresh and juicy and went well with the Vanilla ice-cream.

Btw, ordered the lemon soup and dessert based on your recco. I am glad i ordered 'em
Old 20th November 2009, 13:07   #1184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yup, I guess that was Pahadi Paneer ( straight from the mountains). I agree with you their dessert was worth it. Fruits were fresh and juicy and went well with the Vanilla ice-cream.

Btw, ordered the lemon soup and dessert based on your recco. I am glad i ordered 'em
I am glad you liked it. And I like it that they have not changed one bit since 2005, when I first visited them. Me and my wife have been going there from the time we were dating,she was a vegetarian then but now converted to non-veg. They are a nice bunch of people courteous and respectful. They showed it when I took my parents along. Even my parents liked the place.
Old 20th November 2009, 13:09   #1185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
I am glad you liked it. And I like it that they have not changed one bit since 2005, when I first visited them. Me and my wife have been going there from the time we were dating,she was a vegetarian then but now converted to non-veg. They are a nice bunch of people courteous and respectful. They showed it when I took my parents along. Even my parents liked the place.
That reminds me, service was outstanding. We had one nice fella serving us who was practically standing by and getting everything in a jiffy.

***** just for that.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks