Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2016, 10:03   #6346
BHPian

Re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by skumare View Post
I was told that Avial in Gachibowli has shut down sometime back. Did they resume in Gachibowli or elsewhere? If not, any other similar offering?
Avial has shut down. They moved from Hitec city to Indiranagar long back and then shut down. If you are looking for authentic Tamilnadu cuisine, you can try Junior Kuppanna, on 2nd floor of the same building that hosts Eagle Boys Pizza, Starbucks etc., opposite to Trident, Hitec city.

I've tried them few times and the taste is really good. Don't go by the reviews on Zomato, which is basically people going in with wrong expectations (in terms of taste and quantity) into a Tamil restaurant. I especially like their Parotta Kuruma combo. Easily the best Parotta I had in Hyderabad.
Old 18th December 2016, 17:58   #6347
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Avial has shut down. They moved from Hitec city to Indiranagar long back and then shut down. If you are looking for authentic Tamilnadu cuisine, you can try Junior Kuppanna, on 2nd floor of the same building that hosts Eagle Boys Pizza, Starbucks etc., opposite to Trident, Hitec city.

I've tried them few times and the taste is really good. Don't go by the reviews on Zomato, which is basically people going in with wrong expectations (in terms of taste and quantity) into a Tamil restaurant. I especially like their Parotta Kuruma combo. Easily the best Parotta I had in Hyderabad.
Thanks a lot.
We had lunch here based on your recommendation and absolutely loved it.
Chicken biryani, parotta, veg meals were really good.
Chicken sukka was decent.
Prices are acceptable for the location. Must add that I loved the simple and bright ambiance.
Old 19th December 2016, 12:38   #6348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Thanks a lot.
We had lunch here based on your recommendation and absolutely loved it.
Chicken biryani, parotta, veg meals were really good.
Chicken sukka was decent.
Prices are acceptable for the location. Must add that I loved the simple and bright ambiance.
You're welcome, bblost. Glad to hear you loved the food and the airy ambience there.

Almost all times we went there, we could hear people complaining in the adjacent tables on how less the quantity was and how the taste of the biryani was not what they expected it to be
No wonder the reviews on Zomato are not so positive.
Old 26th December 2016, 23:18   #6349
Senior - BHPian

Dhaba by Claridges-Kondapur

The Claridges has brought their dining outside of their hotel premises, and is called Dhaba by Claridges .Happened to patronize the place for a late lunch after a Dangal show today

Taste: 4/5Service: 3/5
Price to Quantity Ratio:2.5/5
10% Service Charge

People intending on patronizing this place,please note that the tandoor stays shut off from 4 pm till 7 pm-so even if the restaurant is open,it renders almost 70% of their menu items unavailable.A mention of this at the entrance would help people make up their minds before entering the place itself.A couple of guests on the neighbouring tables on being told this,opted to get up and walk away.We however decided to order from the limited menu.IMHO the management should just close the place between 4 and 7,because if you take away the tandoor items,why else would a person really go to a dhaba!

The food was amazing,service was quick.The designs on the wall were in line with an upmarket dhaba feel.Restrooms spic and span.Portion sizes extremely small,Prices extremely steep.Service charge of 10% is a loot.A meal for the two of us set us back by INR 2000 (2 portions Jeera Rice,a Dal Makhani,2 Lassis and a Galouti Kebab(4 pieces)),thats comparable to the room service menu prices of a 5star hotel unfortunately.For people like us,who prefer our privacy at the table and order alacarte,this service charge nonsense is absolutely atrocious.The staff made exactly two trips to the table:to place the items and to clear the table and for that we ended up paying close to INR 160,which was not exactly a very happy feeling.All in all we left the place with a mixed feeling and may or may not go back because of the price factor!

Vera Pizzeria

Service : 5/5
Taste:2.5/5
Place:4/5

After reading good things about Vera Pizzeria,we decided to go there over the weekend.Unfortunately the place did not quite live upto our modest expectations.We opted for the buffet.The place is spacious and lovely.For a first timer,you are completely lost as to what is there in the buffet and what is not there,would be a good idea for them to have the items named and placed on the table so that we know what to expect.The food is good but found most of the dishes were experimentative just for the sake of being different:(The professional touch and finish to almost everythng was missing and the presentation was sad.The drinks which were apparently inclusive were mentioned towards the end of the dinner,there was a Maitre'd on the floor who was more keen on arguing with his staff and he did come by for his customary "hope all was ok statement towards the end,"Service was fantastic though.

The buffet tables had nothing extra,and the desserts were absolutely uninspiring and a tad little old too.With a heavy heart,I would have to say Cibo House outscores this place in almost all aspects except for the availability of seating space.May come back to taste the ala-carte,but most definitely not for the buffet option.Cibo House most definitely has more creativity and more options in terms of food in the buffet.But like others have mentioned,on busy days,the place is definitely cramped.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 26th December 2016 at 23:31.
Old 28th December 2016, 12:45   #6350
Distinguished - BHPian

Imran, how was your experience at Jonathan Kitchen?

Guys, please head over to this thread and subscribe to it so you dont miss any meets in 2017

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...nd-brunch.html
Old 28th December 2016, 12:58   #6351
Team-BHP Support

Last night took my family to Jonathan's Kitchen.

Lovely ambiance and very good service.
I found the pricing in line with the place and the quality of food.

We ordered a noodle soup divided into two servings. It was very mild and I liked it.
A margarita pizza, which my young boy absolutely loved.
Alfredo sauce with Penne for my daughter.

We also had a Blackened Salmon.
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-whatsapp-image-20161227-21.01.25.jpeg
This was the star of the meal and it was perfectly cooked.

Bill came to about 2800.
Old 29th December 2016, 01:34   #6352
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

How about planning a foodie meet in Jan'17? Preferably a sunday brunch?

Myself and Hyd Traveller been itching to try out Golden Dragon at Taj Krishna but, is a bit expensive

Let hear the views of members here? We can shortlist any one sunday in Jan'17 for this foodie meet
I will vouch for Golden Dragon. The taste and quality is equal to the best I've had in Hyd. It's one of those places that is worth splurging on for an occasion.

I've been there with a group and with just my wife. I'd suggest going with a group, as you get to try more..
Old 30th December 2016, 18:08   #6353
Senior - BHPian

Any Suggestions for places that serve a Dinner Buffet in and around Madhapur-Kondapur-Gachibowli areas?(apart from Bbq Nation and ABs ,and also Cibo & Vera)TIA!
Old 30th December 2016, 19:27   #6354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Any Suggestions for places that serve a Dinner Buffet in and around Madhapur-Kondapur-Gachibowli areas?(apart from Bbq Nation and ABs ,and also Cibo & Vera)TIA!
Ohri's Dhaba
Sahib's BBQ by Ohri's
New York Tavern
Many 5 star hotels
Old 31st December 2016, 11:51   #6355
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Ohri's Dhaba
Sahib's BBQ by Ohri's
New York Tavern
Many 5 star hotels
Thanks for this.We ended up going to Grand Trunk Road.My thoughts of GTR as below

Taste : 5/5
Portion Size:4/5
Service:4/5-Faultlessly quick
Ambience:Excellent,nobody rushes you,very airy and roomy and lots of space.

Food is amazing and one of the best in the city,specifically the Punjabi dishes and portion sizes are quite big.Overall one excellent place that Hyderabad was waiting for and prices are very reasonable,4 of us ate to our hearts content and ran up a bill of INR2300
Old 4th January 2017, 14:04   #6356
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning to have dinner tonight at our favorite restaurant "Ruci & Idoni"

Though I have been there plenty of times still wanted to know if folks here have been there. If yes, what is your favorite dish/beverage?
Old 4th January 2017, 15:59   #6357

Quote:

Though I have been there plenty of times still wanted to know if folks here have been there. If yes, what is your favorite dish/beverage?
The meatball pasta is good.
Old 5th January 2017, 13:59   #6358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoztheman83 View Post
The meatball pasta is good.
As usual, the experience at Ruci & Idoni was mind-blowing and we always come back satiated and completely enjoying the experience

We ordered the following and our experience

1. Hawaiian Chicken Skewers

Nice chunks of chicken skewered properly to give that BBQ's tinge but, since it was slightly mild, I requested them to give an additional sauce to which they returned with 3 different sauces. It went very well with spicy mayo

2. Mama Mia Wedges

Mom loved this dish. Potatoes cooked thoroughly and were crispy and crunchy

3. Garlic Bread

3 Pieces different types of bread which was simply outstanding (Forgot to take pic)

4. Spinachi (Veg Pizza)

I must tell you. Thin Crust Pizza is made by Ruci & Idoni and then thin crust pizza is made by every other tom, dick and harry in Hyderabad. Beileve you me, it's that good

Ofcourse, all of it while sipping our "Raw Mango Lemonade" this is the only non-alcoholic drink I actually crave for....LOL!

We avoided the dessert as we wanted to drive a bit and enjoy the Kulfi Falooda at DPS, Sikh Village ( Yeah, I know its a pretty long drive but, the Falooda always makes it worth the drive)

While stepping out of restaurant, the manager presented mom with a lovely cup as a gesture for visiting them. Pretty coo eh!?
Attached Thumbnails
A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-img_1198.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-1.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-3.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-4.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-2.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-5.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-6.jpg  

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-7.jpg  

Old 5th January 2017, 14:29   #6359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We avoided the dessert as we wanted to drive a bit and enjoy the Kulfi Falooda at DPS, Sikh Village ( Yeah, I know its a pretty long drive but, the Falooda always makes it worth the drive)
Definitely heading to his brothers' places either at trimulgherry or Karkhana for sure today!!!!

Karkhana Mayabazar has closed down for renovation.No reopening dates available
Old 9th January 2017, 12:31   #6360
Distinguished - BHPian

A gift for picking up wifey at the airport yesterday

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender.jpg

As it was just about lunch time, we headed straight to our most favorite biryani joint, Paradise Restaurant at Gachibowli and ordered 2 Mutton Biryanis. One was double masala (DM) and other one was regular as we like to mix the same and enjoy it as DM is too spicy and regular is too plain jane

This has to be the best biryani I ever tasted from "Paradise" as I reckon it came fresh of the pot as each and every bite had heavy smell of "Ghee" and the meat pieces are so succulent that they just melt in your mouth

Show me a biryani in Hyderabad that has better quality of meat in the biryani and I will start venturing that outlet

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-1.jpg

A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad-fullsizerender-2.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks