Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:41   #5956
BHPian

re: A Guide: Eating out in Hyderabad/Secunderabad/Cyberabad

@bblost

I have been to Cafe Bahar a couple of times to pick up a parcel. Trust me, I have my heart in mouth everytime I had to park my bike in the cellar! The ramp is so steep and spiraling down that it is very easy to lock up and fall. There are like a million bikes parked in that small cellar (even on the ramp). On my first visit, one of the parked bikes slipped and the ENTIRE line up of motorcycles just fell like a pack of cards

I shudder to go there just because of this. Love the food otherwise. I now end up taking a parcel from Shadaab to avoid the chaos
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:51   #5957
BHPian

Shadab Take Away.(Lane opposite Q Mart,there used to be yokos here earlier)

This was long pending so decided to go there yesterday evening.

The take away was:-

Chicken Pakistan -Had this dish during our haleem meets @ shadab (old city) ,liked it so had it again (basically its like methi chicken ,green gravy and nicely cooked boneless chicken ,noticed peices of kaju as well

If you like non spicy then chicken pakistan is the one for you (they also have a mutton pakistan)

Kheema Naan/Plain Naan-Naan was really soft (considering they travelled from the outlet to madhapur and were consumed say 1 hour post take away)

Total Bill -INR 300
Old 23rd September 2013, 14:28   #5958
Distinguished - BHPian

After many years, got a take-away from "Kritunga" at Panjagutta for lunch over the weekend

1. Fish Fry (Rs.150)
It was spicy and quite good but, a little high on salt

2. Kheema Biryani (Rs.195)
This was like an atom bomb. Searingly hot, extremely spicy with the actual flavour of Kheema lost in the medley of hotness. I tried it again for dinner it was slightly better. Anyone who likes extremely spicy kheema biryani, this is it. But, my favorite still remains from Reshmi which is like a burst of flavour in your mouth.

Sri Kanya next door seems to be doing much better business with people thronging there more than Kritunga.

Been to Sri Kanya also many years ago, any recommendations from this joint? (also known for their fiery dishes)
Old 24th September 2013, 10:58   #5959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Been to Sri Kanya also many years ago, any recommendations from this joint? (also known for their fiery dishes)
Try their fry chicken biryani. It will be spicy. Even the fry mutton biryani is good.
Old 24th September 2013, 11:04   #5960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Sri Kanya next door seems to be doing much better business with people thronging there more than Kritunga.

My son is a fan of the chicken curry from Sri Kanya. It goes well with rice and ghee, and is yummy if you ask me. I think it competes with KDM's chicken curry, and is a shade different. I like both.

Yesterday, we visited Paradise takeaway next to Prasadz and got packed Reshmi chicken and vegetable manchuria, apart from fried rice and biryani.

Both the dishes were yummy, but the latter was crispy and many shades better than the chicken dish. The quantity of the manchuria was also huge. Will certainly go there again.
Old 24th September 2013, 13:38   #5961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Both the dishes were yummy, but the latter was crispy and many shades better than the chicken dish. The quantity of the manchuria was also huge. Will certainly go there again.
One of the places that surprised me with fried rice and veg manchuria is Shadab take away. I have heard good and bad feedback about the biryani they are famous for, had mixed experiences personally but the egg fried rice and veg manchuria they make is excellent and the quantity is also huge.

The chinese snacks are totally avoidable at Shadab whereas kebabs are good.
Old 24th September 2013, 17:36   #5962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
One of the places that surprised me with fried rice and veg manchuria is Shadab take away. I have heard good and bad feedback about the biryani they are famous for, had mixed experiences personally but the egg fried rice and veg manchuria they make is excellent and the quantity is also huge.

The chinese snacks are totally avoidable at Shadab whereas kebabs are good.
Thanks for the update. I'll give those items from Shadab a shot soon. I've had both special chicken biryani and normal one from that place, but the former is outstanding. The normal one is no great shakes.
Old 24th September 2013, 17:56   #5963
BHPian

Hey guys, i wanted some suggestions for sizzler places. From what I have heard, Indijoes provide the best sizzlers in non veg category. any other options? I am looking for something which is pocket friendly too. Dont want to spend 800 per head on a single sizzler.

Also has anybody tried Chicken Alfam in Hyderabad?

Thanks

Anvancy
Old 25th September 2013, 09:54   #5964
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRules View Post
Try their fry chicken biryani. It will be spicy. Even the fry mutton biryani is good.
Cool, will try out this sizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by anvancy View Post
Hey guys, i wanted some suggestions for sizzler places. From what I have heard, Indijoes provide the best sizzlers in non veg category. any other options? I am looking for something which is pocket friendly too. Dont want to spend 800 per head on a single sizzler.
Indijoe is the best sizzler in town. Period. Who said its Rs.800 per sizzler? With all taxes included it will cost Rs.450-Rs.500 maximum per sizzler

Other cheaper and slightly lesser tasty sizzler options are

100 Degrees ( Fantastic Ambience) : Rs.300++ per Sizzler
Palace Heights ( Lovely Aerial Ambience) : Rs.350 ++ per sizzler ( Indian style though)
Tabla ( Their Sizzlers are also quite Popular) and is in Rs.350 range
Old 25th September 2013, 11:48   #5965
BHPian

Any reviews on the siddique kebab centre at Kondapur? Recently read a news article that this is the most sought of place for all IT professionals and it comes to life after 7pm.
Yesterday when returning from office, saw one siddique kebab centre near the Vivekananda nagar in Kukatpally. Is it the same or a different one? When checked in Google maps, this particular centre was marked as closed, so the confusion.
Old 25th September 2013, 12:51   #5966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Any reviews on the siddique kebab centre at Kondapur? Recently read a news article that this is the most sought of place for all IT professionals and it comes to life after 7pm.
Siddique kebabs of Kondapur is quite famous among the IT patrons espcially the singles out there .They do have lots of good choices in that area.Siddique in particular is a very good takeaway and they serve some really fresh spicy kebabs. I liked the tangdi,harabhara and malai. Almost every alternate weekend my colleagues team up and the kebabs from this place is a sure pickup. Do give it a try !
Old 25th September 2013, 19:55   #5967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix View Post

Siddique kebabs of Kondapur is quite famous among the IT patrons espcially the singles out there .They do have lots of good choices in that area.Siddique in particular is a very good takeaway and they serve some really fresh spicy kebabs. I liked the tangdi,harabhara and malai. Almost every alternate weekend my colleagues team up and the kebabs from this place is a sure pickup. Do give it a try !
You mean the siddique in kukatpally is the original one too? Do not want to spoil my weekend with a fake one, so wanted to confirm.
Old 25th September 2013, 20:14   #5968
BHPian

Quote:
You mean the siddique in kukatpally is the original one too? Do not want to spoil my weekend with a fake one, so wanted to confirm.
I havent been to the one @ Kukatpally but i checked with couple of my colleagues and they say yes but hope i dont get cursed otherwise
Old 26th September 2013, 07:22   #5969
BHPian

Quote:
Don't worry, every Siddique in original. They have a distinct style of writing their name. I know for sure that they do have branches in Kondapur, Yusuf Tekri (Tollichowki), Kukatpally and even Chennai and Bangalore.

Personally, I have never been a fan on Siddique's Kebabs. The prime reason why they are so popular with the singles staying around is because they are very economical. I dont know the exact prices now, but I distinctly remember that a year or so back, a full Grill chicken used to be around Rs 140-150 as against Rs 200 in other nearby shops.
Old 26th September 2013, 10:26   #5970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autotranny View Post

Don't worry, every Siddique in original. They have a distinct style of writing their name. I know for sure that they do have branches in Kondapur, Yusuf Tekri (Tollichowki), Kukatpally and even Chennai and Bangalore
I am not looking for cheap ones, but good ones. Came to know about this joint through a news article. And when I saw the same name board in kukatpally, got curious. There is one kebab joint nearby my house, but they are not good. Either the green chutney is stale or the chicken lacks the kebab/tandoor flavor. Will check out siddique this weekend and report back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks