Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2009, 17:25   #391
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Frankly, I don't like places like Alex's Kitchen but if you look at the money you pay and want to succumb to that chinese food urge, then its worth a visit.
after reading the above looks like alex's is the garib rath of mainland china
Old 6th February 2009, 17:36   #392
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
after reading the above looks like alex's is the garib rath of mainland china
Exactly, something like that. But, the environs are quite nice. Chilling AC, decent chinese ambience and quite neat as well.
Old 6th February 2009, 18:13   #393
Senior - BHPian

My choice of venues:

My choice of eating joints,

1. Nanking, Parklane, Secunderabad - (F only) Chinese

2. Haiking, next to old Hyd.Stock Exch., Hyderguda, - (F & B) Chinese

3. Papaji ka dhaba - Opp Hotel Sabarwal - Hanuman Tekdi, Abids. - (F only) Punj - AWESOME

4. Little Italy - Film Nagar, J.H. (F & B), Italian - veg

5 Soutern Spice - Opp. Muffakam Jah college, Road no.2 B.Hills (F Only) Andhra

6. Sudha / Swagat mess, Narayanguda - Coming to Naryanguda X roads from YMCA, 1st floor, 100 M before the X roads Opp Deepak talkies (F only) Andhra Veg.

7. Gayatri Bhavan - Himayat Nagar Main rd. - (F Only) Udipi veg

8. Old Fox, after food world in lane next to Pantaloons, Begumpet, (now rechristened something like Onions) (F only) Indian - his Biryani is the non-hyd variety and verrry good.

9 O'fen - Rd. No. 10, Banjara Hills, (F Only) Bakery & conti

10. Garden - Clock tower, Secunderabad (F Only) - Irani great mildly spiced biryani

11. Parwaaz, Nampally, (F Only) - Irani (open late night - look for side entrance) Biryani, roti and mutton masala

12. Asian, Nampally, (F Only) - Irani (open late night - look for side entrance) This guys makes the most awesome Harees in the season. Biryani, roti etc.

13. Hotel Rajdoot, lakdi-ka-pul, (just before Telephone Exch.) (F Only) Andhra - meals / ala carte, real rich andhra biryani. Check out his sweet shop on the ground floor, not much to look at but the sweets and khara, particularly the typical andhra ones, are awesome.

14. Gokul Chaat, Koti, after Andhra Bank - before Gandhi Sadan, (F Only) - chaat. Best chaat in town. So famous that even the pakis heard about it and bombed it.

15 Alpha / Alps - Secunderabad stn. (F Only) - Irani, Alpha used to be the best in town a while ago.

16. Anand Bhavan, R.P. Road, (Kingsway), Secunderabad, - (F Only) udipi.

17. Chung-hua, 2 branches, one in Basheerbagh palace lane (opp Paigah towers) and one on Minister road (in the same line as all the car decor guys). (F Only) Chinese - house speciality is the Pan fried noodles - called basket noodles.

18. Mohini, Basheerbagh, after Shanbag, beside the flyover. (F only) Searingly spicy fare that is all his own.

19. Urvashi & Downtown, Punjagutta, Opp. NIMS, (F & B) Open late (look for side entrance in lane).

20. Taj Banjara, particularly their lobby lounge and waterside cafe, great ambience / view and best food in that category of hotels.

21 The New Radhe Shyam chaat guys next to the Ramgopalpet Police Stn (one with the clock tower), M.G. Road, Secunderabad

If I remember any more, I will put them up in a new post. I have not included the infraction inviters here.

Cheers
Old 6th February 2009, 22:43   #394
BHPian

Went to the Mexican restaurant at Novotel last week - La Cantina - lovely ambience if you're looking for a relaxed, chilled out sort of evening. I liked the fact that there were quite a few seating options, on the terrace (my pick), in a gazebo, inside the restaurant or just by the poolside.
The two of us had a couple of drinks each, chicken enchiladas, a pizza (thin crust - just the way i like it!), and a positively delectable dessert - forget the name - something to do with cake & milk. Set us back by just about two grand - steep - but I'd go back.
La Cantina opens for lunch & dinner on the weekdays & all day on the weekends.
Old 7th February 2009, 11:52   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

@Raveendrra, great list. Except for Old Fox, been to ALL the places you listed

Mention of Parwaaz and Asian brought back old memories. There was a time when we use to go to Asian for Biryani at 3am-4am in the morning.

But, their quality isn't the same, i would say, they totally crumbled from the onslaught of these hundreds of new food joints springing up in the city.

Other such places that i can add are Naigara ( Chaderghat & Hyderguda), Bahar which use to be regular late night joints but same story, now quality is horrendous.
I still frequent regularly 1/3rd of the list that you outlined
Old 9th February 2009, 08:52   #396
Senior - BHPian

Ravveendra, Good list.

Add Southern Mirchi, opp to Harah's for Andhra cuisine! Awesome food!

Amip, I agree with on LaCantina. Real good mexican stuff! Yup-steeply priced for being in Novotel!!

Guys, Can we actually make a full list of good food joints by their Cuisine?? will help us and anybody coming to Hyd!!Rajesh, want to take lead??
Old 9th February 2009, 11:20   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post

Guys, Can we actually make a full list of good food joints by their Cuisine?? will help us and anybody coming to Hyd!!Rajesh, want to take lead??
Instead of making the list why not start visiting each of the ones listed above every friday evening,what say?

i can definately take the lead on calling you all on friday to fix up where we going to eat yummy...

infact on friday(6th feb) mr and mrs mobike,mr and mrs milecruncher and yours truely had gone to see dev d ( emotional attyachar) and then we were eating at some dhaba around that area.. the mushroom masala was good there ,pandeyji your additions to the friday food review.

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 9th February 2009 at 11:22.
Old 9th February 2009, 11:25   #398
Senior - BHPian

Sure Rajesh, however a database would certainly help.....my 2 cents.

I am going to Kebab factory(rd#12) for lunch today. Any pointers for me??
Old 9th February 2009, 11:29   #399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

wear pants with an elastic band around the waist.
Old 9th February 2009, 11:31   #400
BHPian

Quote:

personally i did not like the place ,the kebabs are not kept well and some taste horrible ,i would rather prefer bbq nation than this..

but do try the gualati kebab and ulte tawa ka paratha which i felt were good..
Old 9th February 2009, 12:00   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Went to Anjappar yesterday, based on Rajesh's advice ordered the following :-

Vanjram Fish Fry : Rs.140. It tasted bland and i was shocked to see only a very small single piece.

Anjappar Sp. Chicken Curry : Rs. 140 It was real hot but somehow the gravy didnt taste good to me. Also, i didnt like the chicken as cubes in this curry.

Egg Fried Rice : Rs. 90. It was good.

On the whole, not a great experience.

Where did you celebrate your Birthday Rajesh bhai?
Old 9th February 2009, 12:12   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Went to Anjappar yesterday, based on Rajesh's advice ordered the following :-

Vanjram Fish Fry : Rs.140. It tasted bland and i was shocked to see only a very small single piece.

Anjappar Sp. Chicken Curry : Rs. 140 It was real hot but somehow the gravy didnt taste good to me. Also, i didnt like the chicken as cubes in this curry.

Egg Fried Rice : Rs. 90. It was good.

On the whole, not a great experience.

Where did you celebrate your Birthday Rajesh bhai?
lol.. avi bhai the 2 dishes you did not like are infact the most eaten in anjappar ,hehehe ,i should stop giving advice now

as far as the bday goes ,the lunch was at ohri's jiva at somajiguda( dad is in vizag ,so it was just me and mum,after a brief gorcery shopping at spar)

dinner was ghar par as we didnt feel like going out ,so ordered dinner from twister at madhapur.

also the kfc fellows have introduced these cooler drinks called krushers ,they have 3 flavours ,i tried virgin mojito ( lime + mint leaves ) full paisa vasool..
Old 9th February 2009, 13:38   #403
BHPian

Ignore my spell errors in the post ,extra zealous hands/fingers
Old 9th February 2009, 14:12   #404
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the pointers. I found the place ok. The starters were good. For 395(with taxes) unlimited food with unlimited tiger beer is a good offering i must say. However stayed away from Tiger as had to return to office for work!!
Old 9th February 2009, 14:28   #405
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
i've heard some persons raving about 'Kaddu ka Kheer' in Hyd. Does anyone know where it is available? Is it seasonal?
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks