Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2013, 14:51   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tatkaal application for passport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Folks,
I need to go through the routine of passport renewal again, just after doing it via the Tatkal option last year: reason my full name is in the "Name" section, while the "surname" section is blank.
Do you remember what was the status printed on the receipt when you applied?

You mean to say, even after one year, there have been no police verification yet? Something wrong. Sometimes the passport is issued "prior" to PV, but the verification process happens after the issue.

When you renewed, was there any feature change - like change of address, signature etc?
Old 4th January 2013, 15:13   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Do you remember what was the status printed on the receipt when you applied?

You mean to say, even after one year, there have been no police verification yet? Something wrong. Sometimes the passport is issued "prior" to PV, but the verification process happens after the issue.

When you renewed, was there any feature change - like change of address, signature etc?
Unfortunately not aware of the same (status on receipt). And yes, even after 1.5 years, no PV has happened.

The original passport had my college address (Kerala), as it was done almost a decade back. The renewed one obviously has a Pune address.
Old 7th January 2013, 19:53   #198

Hey guys,
My spouse' passport is to expire in 5-6 months and we need to have it renewed quite urgently as we got to submit for visa stamping. To highlight - the address in Passport is different from present address, hence I understand a Police Verification is mandatory pre or post passport delivery.

I would be grateful if someone could help me with below questions/clarifications:

1. With tatkal option, would the passport be delivered inside 1 week?

2. Also, apart from current passport copy and address proof, are there any other documents required for tatkal option as I recall from some source a while ago that some affidavit might be required.

3. Would I have to approach an agent for a tatkal appointment?

Thanks in advance.
-Boney
Old 8th January 2013, 10:52   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boney_george View Post
Hey guys,
My spouse' passport is to expire in 5-6 months and we need to have it renewed quite urgently as we got to submit for visa stamping. To highlight - the address in Passport is different from present address, hence I understand a Police Verification is mandatory pre or post passport delivery.

I would be grateful if someone could help me with below questions/clarifications:

1. With tatkal option, would the passport be delivered inside 1 week?

2. Also, apart from current passport copy and address proof, are there any other documents required for tatkal option as I recall from some source a while ago that some affidavit might be required.

3. Would I have to approach an agent for a tatkal appointment?

Thanks in advance.
-Boney
Hi,
I recently applied for passport under tatkal and my situation is also same as yours.
1. Yes, with tatkal you will get the passport within 1 week for sure
2. Additionally you will need Annexure F (verification certificate) and Annexure I (affidavit: can be obtained from any notary). You also need past address proof.
3. No agents required. Try to get a slot online (which can be difficult) or else don't waste much time and go to RPO and get a slot manually. This will require that you stand in queue, better reach early.

In my experience, I struggled a lot for Annexure F. Pull up all your contacts and hope for the best
Old 19th April 2013, 18:25   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoNanu View Post
Hi,
I recently applied for passport under tatkal and my situation is also same as yours.
1. Yes, with tatkal you will get the passport within 1 week for sure
2. Additionally you will need Annexure F (verification certificate) and Annexure I (affidavit: can be obtained from any notary). You also need past address proof.
3. No agents required. Try to get a slot online (which can be difficult) or else don't waste much time and go to RPO and get a slot manually. This will require that you stand in queue, better reach early.

In my experience, I struggled a lot for Annexure F. Pull up all your contacts and hope for the best
I couldn't get the online appointment even after several attemps. It just closes of in fraction of seconds. Please explain me more about the manual slot booking. Is that possbile. If so on what days and how?

Where is the regional passport office in Bangalore? Is it the one near Urvashi theatre or Opp Intel or the one in Koramangala?

Also i have a few questions. I have just filed an online application now and waiting to book a slot. I need to know whether i can proceed on with the police verification or is it after visiting the PSK only the Police verification is done?

I am under an understanding that the payment for passport is to be done in the PSK only by cash and also the photograph is taken in PSK only. Is that right?

It would be great if someone explains the procedures step by step.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rki2007 : 19th April 2013 at 18:37.
Old 22nd April 2013, 11:25   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
It would be great if someone explains the procedures step by step.

Thanks in advance.
Hey,

Just an overview:
  1. Fill in the online application and submit the same. You shall receive your ARN. Get the printout of it.
  2. You can now proceed for booking the appointment at the PSKs. The booking window opens up at 1800 hrs and you need to be already logged in by that time to increase your chances. Getting an appointment online is a matter of luck. Some people get it in the first try and there are some who have waited nearly a month for it!
  3. If you got an appointment, then just march to the respective PSK with all the documents and fees. The process is quite simple there and you will be guided by the respective windows (A,B,C)
  4. If you are struggling to get an appointment online, then you can take the printout of the application and go to RPO at Koramangala (near NGV). Be sure you reach early at around 8 to be ahead in the queue. Get the form at the enquiry counter and you will be asked to go upstairs. The manual appointment shall be provided to you for the same day at either of the PSKs. I am not very sure if this process was ONLY for tatkal applicants. Please confirm if it is valid for normal applicants too.
  5. Once you get the manual appointment, follow step 3.
Point to note, if you have received the appointment, it is valid for 3 consecutive working days. This comes handy if you have unfortunately missed some documents/ asked to produce/ corrections required in your application. Make sure you get the same stamped at counter A if they ask you to come back.
Best thing would be to double check all the documents and applications to finish the complete process in one visit. The official website is quite good in providing all the information about the requisite documents. Carry an extra copy of each document to be on safer side.

All the very best
Old 19th August 2013, 17:12   #202
BHPian

Hi,

Planning to apply for passport for my 6 month old son,
Had a question : is annexure f required for infants also in case of Tatkal?

Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 17:45   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungrygamer View Post
Hi,

Planning to apply for passport for my 6 month old son,
Had a question : is annexure f required for infants also in case of Tatkal?

Thanks
You either require Annexure F or 3 of the required documents as mentioned in the link below for an Adult.

https://portal1.passportindia.gov.in...es&minorFlag=2
Old 21st January 2014, 18:18   #204
BHPian

I was denied an appointment at PSK today.

I wanted to get my Infant kids' passport under Tatkaal but was asked to return and re-apply for endorsing Spouse' name. I was told that without spouse' name passport cannot be considered parent's passport. When I said that, we have our Marriage Certificate to prove it, he nullified it.

So, now I have to take another appointment for a new passport for me and then for kids.

How much time will tatkaal take, assuming I will get appointment for Thursday?

We need to travel by 3rd week of Feb, hope it will work.
Old 22nd January 2014, 13:09   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
I was denied an appointment at PSK today.

I wanted to get my Infant kids' passport under Tatkaal but was asked to return and re-apply for endorsing Spouse' name. I was told that without spouse' name passport cannot be considered parent's passport. When I said that, we have our Marriage Certificate to prove it, he nullified it.

So, now I have to take another appointment for a new passport for me and then for kids.

How much time will tatkaal take, assuming I will get appointment for Thursday?

We need to travel by 3rd week of Feb, hope it will work.
By any chance did both you and your wife not have spouse name endorsed?
In my passport spouse name is not endorsed however in my wife's passport my name is endorsed.. By any chance this was your case too?
Old 22nd January 2014, 14:04   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by boney_george View Post
Hey guys, My spouse' passport is to expire in 5-6 months and we need to have it renewed quite urgently as we got to submit for visa stamping. To highlight - the address in Passport is different from present address, hence I understand a Police Verification is mandatory pre or post passport delivery. I would be grateful if someone could help me with below questions/clarifications: 1. With tatkal option, would the passport be delivered inside 1 week? 2. Also, apart from current passport copy and address proof, are there any other documents required for tatkal option as I recall from some source a while ago that some affidavit might be required. 3. Would I have to approach an agent for a tatkal appointment? Thanks in advance. -Boney
Getting a passport under Tatkaal has become very difficult now. I just got it done recently. Here's how !
There's these basic steps

1. Fill in the form.
2. 2 government issued address proofs issued at least a year back.
3. Police verification - you need to physically go to the police station and do this. If you've been staying at your address for less than 5 years then you will have to get a "clearance certificate" from the police station of your old residence.
4. Annexure I & F

There's one and only one bottleneck. The police verifiication. There's 5 conditions under which the police is obliged to give u a Tatkaal verification

1. Sudden demise of a blood relative
2. Admission In a university abroad
3. Business conference abroad (need a written invite)
4. Marriage of a blood relative abroad (need invitations)
5. Job offer from a company abroad

In all of the above you need to furnish original documents
Other than this the police will harass u till the cows come home.

I got this done only and only because the local DSP is a relative of mine. His secretary was with me and still it took me 2 weeks to just get the documents for police verification sorted. The police station sent me back at least 7-8 times.

Another friend paid 15000 to a broker in Pune and got this done without any hassle

If I were u, I'd go to a broker and get this done. You'll have to spend 8-10k more but it's so much better than not going to work for 10 days just to get your passport done.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks