Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th July 2008, 19:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Oh Damn. I'm driving down to bangalore tomorrow. Is the unrest restricted to only those areas?

I am taking the Chitoor road to Blore and I plan to take the flyover from Old Madras road which leads to Banaswadi and subsequently to hebbal and Ramaiah college to reach Malleswaram.

Riju, thanks for the update. Will call you in the morning. Please keep me posted of any developments.
Old 11th July 2008, 20:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Oh Damn. I'm driving down to bangalore tomorrow. Is the unrest restricted to only those areas?

I am taking the Chitoor road to Blore and I plan to take the flyover from Old Madras road which leads to Banaswadi and subsequently to hebbal and Ramaiah college to reach Malleswaram.

Riju, thanks for the update. Will call you in the morning. Please keep me posted of any developments.
i am guessing there is bound to be trouble near hebbal side and the ring road side.
Old 11th July 2008, 20:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
i am guessing there is bound to be trouble near hebbal side and the ring road side.
Do you think its better for me to take the GQ from chennai to blore and enter blore through Hosur instead of Old Madras road?
Old 11th July 2008, 21:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Yes, better to be safe, specially if you are travelling with family.

Quote:
Do you think its better for me to take the GQ from chennai to blore and enter blore through Hosur instead of Old Madras road?
Old 11th July 2008, 21:21   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
Just got home.. absolutely no issues.

My route home is Shivajinagar-Cunningham Road-Millers Road-Jayamahal Road-JC Nagar(Munnireddy Palya) and past RT.Nagar.

To be honest the roads and environment was more peaceful just now than it is on normal days.

All the bars in the area have their shutters open and people are getting tipsy as usual. Only unusual sights were that the mosques had their gates shut(usually not the case) and about 3 - 4 buses of police personnel around the area.

The rest is upto you guys to decide.
Old 11th July 2008, 22:47   #21
BANNED

It was a genuine pleasure to drive from Indiranagar to Hebbal flyover this evening thanks to almost no traffic.

n_aditya - everything is fine. You can take the route through Chittoor and come on the ORR to Hebbal and go to Malleshwaram without ANY trouble.
Old 11th July 2008, 23:37   #22
BANNED

n_aditya, please read this thread and specifically this post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...tml#post867948
to avoid hurting your suspension if you're taking NH4 all the way from Madras to Bangalore.

Last edited by hrag : 11th July 2008 at 23:38.
Old 12th July 2008, 08:02   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys - Any updates from North BLR ? Hope things are normal.
Old 12th July 2008, 09:01   #24
Senior - BHPian

everything is normal. Drove through the affected areas last night. According to times. The police have arrested two guys who did this. Two guys for god knows what twisted reason through the entire city out of gear.

Last edited by iceman91 : 12th July 2008 at 09:07.
Old 12th July 2008, 09:16   #25
BHPian

I'd ordered bouquets for a function of our club with a florist on the RT Nagar main road & he's open & asked me to pick up the order anytime.

According to a few friends living in the (So called) affected areas, everything is normal out there.

Prohibitory order is imposed & cops are on watch. As I write this shops are all doing normal business.

Hope it stays like this with out any trouble. Bangy doesn't need any issues of any kind.
cheers:
Old 12th July 2008, 10:47   #26
BANNED

Absolutely peaceful this morning. Mosques are closed and there are police battalions in front of them. Otherwise, business as usual on my way from the Hebbal flyover to C V Raman Nagar this morning.
Old 12th July 2008, 12:17   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

The police must be present only in affected areas. Passed by two mosques today morning, and everything was normal - without any such police presence anywhere.
Old 12th July 2008, 12:36   #28
Senior - BHPian

Guys, everything is calm and has returned to normalcy. Do complete your daily chores if you are going around these areas. Rest of Bangy, no problems at all.
Old 12th July 2008, 15:08   #29
BHPian

Quote:
aditya, its better to take the GQ, since it won't touch the part of the town with trouble. though the roits have stopped and everything is under control, it better not to take risk
Old 12th July 2008, 15:20   #30
BHPian

Guys, n_aditya must have reached Bangalore by now :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks