Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2020, 12:51   #2551
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Jobs available in my organisation" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
Hi All,

I want to switch my domain to Cyber Security. I'm having experience in Linux, Scripting, Storage (NAS/SAN), Backup, VMware etc. Do you think it is possible to switch to cyber security or infosec after spending nearly 12yrs in other domains? How to approach it practically?
See - while configuring virtual machines and backups, are you aware of encryption at rest and in transit? Access control lists, firewall rules? Secure configuration of various daemons and processes? Do you have any network background as well? You probably need one or more of these.

You could get yourself a CISSP but at the CISSP level of coverage which they themselves describe as "a mile wide and an inch deep" that is simply a way to stuff yourself with buzzwords more than any practical application or experience. Anyway get yourself that much knowledge about broader security issues, and then focus on security around whatever technologies you have used the most. That will be a good start.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 15:36   #2552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Several jobs in Apple India across Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Bangalore .. http://www.apple.com/jobs/in

Please PM me and I'll discuss further.

Note - if they say 5 years experience that's usually 5 years relevant experience (as in, 5 years as a product manager for example)
Whenever i try to login it says "We were unable to complete your request. Please try again later". Are there any jobs in the Digital Marketing/Marketing department for 5-6 years experienced candidates listed ?

Edit: Page finally worked.

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 26th July 2020 at 15:39.
Old 26th July 2020, 16:04   #2553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Whenever i try to login it says "We were unable to complete your request. Please try again later". Are there any jobs in the Digital Marketing/Marketing department for 5-6 years experienced candidates listed ?

Edit: Page finally worked.
They must have had a brief outage or server maintenance window I guess. Good luck applying. Let me know if you want to be referred for something.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 17:35   #2554
BHPian

Thanks a lot hserus for your response. Really helpful.

Quote:
See - while configuring virtual machines and backups, are you aware of encryption at rest and in transit? Access control lists, firewall rules? Secure configuration of various daemons and processes? Do you have any network background as well? You probably need one or more of these.
Yes, I'm aware of encryption at rest and in transit, ACLs, firewall rules and some networking basics. Also I have worked on Linux security hardening.
Quote:
You could get yourself a CISSP but at the CISSP level of coverage which they themselves describe as "a mile wide and an inch deep" that is simply a way to stuff yourself with buzzwords more than any practical application or experience. Anyway get yourself that much knowledge about broader security issues, and then focus on security around whatever technologies you have used the most. That will be a good start.
I'm confused on whether I should go for OSCP or CISSP. Kindly throw some light.
Old 27th July 2020, 18:36   #2555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Drive View Post
Thanks a lot hserus for your response. Really helpful.

Yes, I'm aware of encryption at rest and in transit, ACLs, firewall rules and some networking basics. Also I have worked on Linux security hardening.

I'm confused on whether I should go for OSCP or CISSP. Kindly throw some light.
If you have worked on all that you are wasting your time and money going for either of those two certifications. Except for any HR recruiters in a few organisations who want to check it off on their qualifications list when filtering candidates.

After linux go hardcore into networking - take the Cisco or Juniper certifications (there are a series of them). Or if you have OS internals experience get into malware reversing or similar. Entirely depends, but I would encourage you to find what aspects of security are close to your areas of competence and specialize in those.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2020, 14:40   #2556
BHPian

Looking for D365 Consultants in Bangalore who match the below job criteria.

2 to 8 Years recent experience working with Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP or D365 Business Central.
Advanced experience with application development utilizing C/Side , C/AL, or AL coding languages within the Dynamics Navision and Business Central ERP.
Undertake the design, coding, testing, releasing the code, and NAV / Dynamics 365 Business Central support.
SQL server database experience.
Experience creating custom coding in order to integrate various addons and extensions into Dynamics NAV and/or Dynamics 365 BC.
Recent Partner/VAR experience is preferred.
Preference to candidates with extensive experience working in newer versions ( NAV 2017, NAV 2018, Business Central).
Experience upgrading ERP systems.
Proficient in client-side and server-side debugging.
Ability to work independently.
Great communications skills.
Any experience with Third party add-ons will be added advantage.
Immediate joiners are preferable.

Please DM me.
Old 1st September 2020, 18:48   #2557
BHPian

Guys,

Someone I know has lost his job in this pandemic. He has been working as a Finance Manager in Courtyard Marriot, Chennai, and earlier, in Hyatt Chennai, as Chief accountant. Has extensive experience(close to 2 decades) in Finance and Hospitality domains.

Please let me know if there is an opportunity, location is not a constraint.
CliffHanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2020, 17:50   #2558
Oxy
BHPian

Ernst and Young (EY) India is hiring ServiceNow professionals for Bangalore location. We are keen to onboard some of the top entrepreneurial minds who are looking to learn and explore. If you are a good match to any of the below open positions and keen to join us, do drop in your CV to dhivya.h@in.ey.com. Also, share details of current and expected CTC, as well as notice to join (Early joiners preferred).

Open Positions:

1. ServiceNow Developers (ITSM / ITOM/ ITBM/ CSM / SecOps / Custom solution) - 5 Positions
2. ServiceNow Functional Consultants (ITSM / ITOM / ITBM / CSM) - 5 Positions
3. ServiceNow Architect - 2 Positions
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 19:34   #2559
BHPian

All,

We are looking for the following positions in Indian IT's Big Five.

Clouds:

AWS
Azure
GCP
Oracle / PCA

Positions:

Senior Cloud Architects
Cloud Solution Architects
Cloud BAU Leads
Cloud SecOps Consultants
DevOps/Automation Consultants

If interested, please drop a pm with resume, earliest date of joining, and current/expected CTC.
Old 29th September 2020, 11:29   #2560
BHPian

We have openings for the below Positions in my company. Please send me a message if there’s a need
Java Developers - 2 to 8 Years
Key Skills: Strong in Core Java, SQL, WebServices (SOAP & REST)
Work Location - Chennai
Old 29th September 2020, 11:46   #2561
BHPian

Any openings for a fresher? My cousin completed Msc. Mathematics from Anna University. She had an offer but it was rescinded due to Covid. She is pretty smart and talented. She is looking for Data Analyst kind of roles. Kindly help.
Old 8th October 2020, 12:12   #2562
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Our company (IT Services) is looking for full stack developers with overall 5-10 years experience working on Angular (or React/Vue), Dot Net Core Web API, SQL server database.

PM me if you have any referrals.
Old 18th October 2020, 21:37   #2563
BHPian

Ours is a large semi conductor company in Bangalore. We require a Java backend developer with 7-9 years exp. Please let me know if anyones interested.
Old 25th October 2020, 11:09   #2564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post
We are looking to hire folks in Marketing for 2 roles for an AI & Analytics organization

Role 1 - 10 - 13 years of experience in marketing,branding, external communications
Role 2 - 6- 8 years of experience in Marketing, internal communications.

Location - Bangalore

Request you PM me to take this further.

Cheers
Hey Chalu,
I've PM'd you about this requirement as it's right up my street, and have included my contact details. Thanks. RG (Bangalore-based)
Old 26th October 2020, 12:41   #2565
BHPian

Would request everyone to post/PM any positions related to MBA Fresher in Marketing 2021 Graduate for Tier -1 college graduates.

I will be graduating next year and seeing the market conditions do not want to completely depend upon the college for placements and want to try off-campus opportunities as well.

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks