Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2009, 20:18   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
Hello Guys,
Nice thread with lot of useful info. Have anyone seen a "pram" (trolley) + "carseat" (baby seat) combo? I dont want to buy these two separate. Any info on this availability in Bangalore will be great.
I believe you get these two as separate units. Some car seats 'click' onto the strollers, and you actually have more sturdy unit to move the baby around in.
Old 11th August 2009, 20:36   #107
Senior - BHPian

we have graco stroller and it reclines to 180 degrees. it's easy for them to sleep (worked well on our statue of liberty tour, among other places). the storage at bottom holds all our stuff.

car seat converted to a stroller will not be so comfortable.

my stroller has an option to attach an eligible graco car seat though, never used it. but they will still be two different units. something like this.

Graco Oasis Travel System - City

Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-large_graco_oasists_city.jpg

if you really want to go compact, use something like this

Getting around

Parenthood: Sharing the joy, precious moments, learnings and experiences-10319001.jpg
Old 11th August 2009, 23:45   #108
BHPian

Half way there and the heart beat

we just had the anamoly (mid-pregnancy) scan done last week and I heard my baby's heart beat for the first time. 'Already-dads' would know, how it feels at that moment. The doc asked me twice if I am able to hear it, but I was so lost that I din't realise she was asking me something LOL. But all is well (touchwood !) the little fella is growing well and fast.
Old 12th August 2009, 00:39   #109
Senior - BHPian

Superb,amya! That feeling is out of this world!
We went in for a scan last week, and the baby's heartbeat was about 146 beats a min! Sounded like a drum set!
Old 12th August 2009, 16:07   #110
BHPian

Guys, I suppose I'm more qualified to be part of this discussion - I've become a dad to a twin babies (Boy & a Girl) recently. They are about 4 weeks old, although I have been able be with them for only 10 days it has been a wonderful experience so far. No doubt it takes a lot to take care of them at this stage, given that their sleep patterns, food requirements etc are different and conflicting but nobody is complaining.

I went through the entire thread and did not see anybody mention about twins, do we not have many parents of twins here in t-bhp?
Old 12th August 2009, 16:39   #111
Senior - BHPian

Need info on cord blood banking

Hi!

We are expecting our first child in Jan '10. I have a question for folks who have become parents recently (in the past year or so) or will become parents soon. Has anyone gone in for cord blood banking (Cord blood bank - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) at the time of delivery, or are planning to when your child is born? If yes, please let me know on this thread, and I will PM you my specific questions.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 12th August 2009 at 16:41. Reason: Added line
Old 12th August 2009, 21:24   #112
BHPian

you can PM me for details on cord blood banking, we have recently banked for our twins
Old 7th October 2009, 15:21   #113
BHPian

Parenting

Hello,

I was searching for good parenting website through google as I was searching for some answer. Decided to put forward the same question on this forum.
I am the proud father of a cute baby boy just 1.5 months old. My question is, which is the best best baby milk powder for 1.5 months old, we are ensuring that he gets breast milk daily, but some times at night we do give him powder milk(dexolac milk powder). Now we have changed the brand to LACTOGEN which my baby is rejecting.
Can someone suggest me good milk powder brand for 1.5 months old OR should I stick to Dexolac milk powder.

Uday
Old 7th October 2009, 15:33   #114
Senior - BHPian

You can try finding you queries answer in Parenting Advice, Information, Parenting Skills for Today's Parents - IndiaParenting.com. I do not know how accurate answer you get.

Why do not you try giving pure cow milk? Do not rely on pasteurized packet milks. If you can source pure cow milk in your neighborhood. It would definitely be one option. (Please consult your pediatrician before giving directly)

Infants really take time to adopt the changes and many a time they just reject the changes. There are many brands available in market. But make sure you should inquire thoroughly about expiry date before buying one from store. Many a times these store people try to pass expired milk/powder to customers.

I had 3 instance when seller wanted to pass expired or near to expiry pack to me. I used to give Actigrow (From Glaxo) for my son .

(PS: Actigrow is not for infants. It is recommended for kids more than 2 years old)

Last edited by anujmishra : 7th October 2009 at 15:35.
Old 7th October 2009, 15:37   #115
BANNED

Honestly don't start milk powders at all till a minimum of 6 month or 1 year. its not good for the baby at his initial stages.

regarding your query about parenting site try these

Indian Parenting and Pregnancy Forum
BabyCenter India - Information on conception, pregnancy, baby and toddler health

also if you want to ask and get solution for a particular thing try this.

DoctorNDTV ....for the better health of Indians

Last edited by wildon : 7th October 2009 at 15:40.
Old 7th October 2009, 16:54   #116
Senior - BHPian

in US two dominating brands are similac and enfamil. As ar as I know, kids used to breast milk don't like taking the bottle at all, no matter what brand you use. There is no reason you need to give them that either.

for convenience, you can express and and store breast milk too, but again the problem will be them rejecting the bottle.

Expressing breastmilk
Old 7th October 2009, 17:02   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
You can try finding you queries answer in Parenting Advice, Information, Parenting Skills for Today's Parents - IndiaParenting.com. I do not know how accurate answer you get.

Why do not you try giving pure cow milk? Do not rely on pasteurized packet milks. If you can source pure cow milk in your neighborhood. It would definitely be one option. (Please consult your pediatrician before giving directly)

Infants really take time to adopt the changes and many a time they just reject the changes. There are many brands available in market. But make sure you should inquire thoroughly about expiry date before buying one from store. Many a times these store people try to pass expired milk/powder to customers.

I had 3 instance when seller wanted to pass expired or near to expiry pack to me. I used to give Actigrow (From Glaxo) for my son .

(PS: Actigrow is not for infants. It is recommended for kids more than 2 years old)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Honestly don't start milk powders at all till a minimum of 6 month or 1 year. its not good for the baby at his initial stages.

regarding your query about parenting site try these

Indian Parenting and Pregnancy Forum
BabyCenter India - Information on conception, pregnancy, baby and toddler health

also if you want to ask and get solution for a particular thing try this.

DoctorNDTV ....for the better health of Indians
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
in US two dominating brands are similac and enfamil. As ar as I know, kids used to breast milk don't like taking the bottle at all, no matter what brand you use. There is no reason you need to give them that either.

for convenience, you can express and and store breast milk too, but again the problem will be them rejecting the bottle.

Expressing breastmilk
Thx for your replies, we are going to stick to breast feeding only, its just when relatives come to our place and the mother can't breast feed the baby we give him powder milk, but from now onwards are sticking to breast milk only.
Old 8th October 2009, 00:12   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Thx for your replies, we are going to stick to breast feeding only, its just when relatives come to our place and the mother can't breast feed the baby we give him powder milk, but from now onwards are sticking to breast milk only.
Why are you inconveniencing your baby and yourself because of relatives? Which is more important: entertaining your relatives or feeding your baby his best food in the world? Come on, there are work-arounds: cover with dupatta, excuse to another room during breast feeding, etc. Anyway, glad to see that you are seeing the overwhelming benefits of breast feeding.

Oh, BTW, my avatar (that picture on the left hand side) as of today and the past few months is that of son at 2+ years; bringing this up just to show that I am speaking (writing) from a parent's heart.

Last edited by Guite : 8th October 2009 at 00:16. Reason: clarity
Old 8th October 2009, 11:01   #119
BHPian

Let the mother BF the child for atleast a year - in case you have no option but to substitute, then you may try Nestle NAN - stages 1,2 and 3 - as per child's age.
Old 8th October 2009, 11:41   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udaydesai View Post
Hello,
Can someone suggest me good milk powder brand for 1.5 months old OR should I stick to Dexolac milk powder.
Please DO NOT GIVE milk powder's of your choice or based on anybodys recommendation, do as advised by the pediatrician. Btw, it's very early to give the baby these milks, better to give mother feed as much as possible.

you can visit this site babycentre.com, an excellent site which describes the baby's development & growth on a week wise.

Most Viewed