Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 22:35   #91
BHPian

good good very good..I am going to take prints of all the posts with expert comments here and use them Dec 09 onwards :-) Yeah I am going to need them. LOL !.
Old 14th July 2009, 22:54   #92
Senior - BHPian

congrats amya, and register on babycenter.com, they send relevant weekly newsletter based on your D-day.
Old 15th July 2009, 00:57   #93
Senior - BHPian

We'r on the family way now. Baby's due on Nov 18th, as of now.
Its been a rollercoaster ride so far.

Sorry to use this thread,but I reckon its the best place.Its good that I came across this thread, as I was in half a mind to start one with respect to a few issues I'm facing now:

My wife's almost 6 months pregnant.She obviously can't do much around the house, and we'r being extra cautious for many reasons. Apart from the long commute & the hours put in work,I have to take care of our 2 dogs as well as cook/ clean/take care of other stuff around the house. It gets to me sometimes, but I don't complain at all. This is the least I can do, as part of helping my wife with the pregnancy.

I've become quite hot-headed off late, and I tend to flip the lid at anything & everything. I try to keep my mouth shut for the most part.But I feel worked up and annoyed most of the time, I feel I'm losing out on this phase of parenthood.

Is this something others have experienced?
Old 15th July 2009, 08:44   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amya View Post
good good very good..I am going to take prints of all the posts with expert comments here and use them Dec 09 onwards :-) Yeah I am going to need them. LOL !.
Congratulations and all the best.

Read up 'What To Expect When You Are Expecting' - it's available at Crossword and is one of the best books to read. Once you have the bundle of joy in your hands, you can start reading 'What to Expect - The First Year'. This too is available at Crossword.

Alternately, you can visit whattoexpect.com

Quote:
My wife's almost 6 months pregnant.She obviously can't do much around the house, and we'r being extra cautious for many reasons. Apart from the long commute & the hours put in work,I have to take care of our 2 dogs as well as cook/ clean/take care of other stuff around the house. It gets to me sometimes, but I don't complain at all. This is the least I can do, as part of helping my wife with the pregnancy.

I've become quite hot-headed off late, and I tend to flip the lid at anything & everything. I try to keep my mouth shut for the most part.But I feel worked up and annoyed most of the time, I feel I'm losing out on this phase of parenthood.
Just see some of the posts here and a few other baby forums. The small wonders photographed on them would take all your worries away. Also, I'd not recommend your wife to rest throughout the day unless the doc has advised her to do so. Ideally it is recommended for pregnant ladies to keep being active. Doing household chores is one of them. She just has to avoid lifting heavy objects and take care of her diet which has to strictly follow the docs recommendations. Mostly they advice you to eat everything and anything you want unless there is any complications. Walking is one exercise she should not skip. It is one of the most recommended exercise by all docs and the old wives club too.

Last edited by kalpeshc : 15th July 2009 at 08:48.
Old 15th July 2009, 09:06   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
.She obviously can't do much around the house, and we'r being extra cautious for many reasons. Apart from the long commute & the hours put in work,I have to take care of our 2 dogs as well as cook/ clean/take care of other stuff around the house. It gets to me sometimes, but I don't complain at all. This is the least I can do, as part of helping my wife with the pregnancy.
agree with kalpesh, don't let her stop doing the work. vacuuming needs more strength so you can take that up, but not cooking, cleaning etc.

and wait till you get the baby who wakes you up every two hours at night, you will need to share that stress too. you will probably feel sleepy at work, feel miserable for lack of sleep. But the pleasure of having the baby in your arms over weighs everything else. to answer your question, yes it can get very stressing.

it's just 3+6 months, after which baby becomes quite stable and predictable. After that all you will be left with is memories of these days.
Old 15th July 2009, 11:01   #96
BHPian

Quote:
and wait till you get the baby who wakes you up every two hours at night, you will need to share that stress too. you will probably feel sleepy at work, feel miserable for lack of sleep. But the pleasure of having the baby in your arms over weighs everything else. to answer your question, yes it can get very stressing.
Even though this may sound stressful to begin with, it is actually not once you get used to it. Once you get back to work after your leaves taken during the delivery - you'd not have enough time to be with the baby as it would be sleeping most of the times. You'd look forward to the times the baby is awake even in the middle of the night. This is the time the baby would be recording the faces that it sees the most and developing a bond with them. It'd pay off when the baby would want to come to you as soon as you come home from office and would give you a broad smile when he/she sees you after a long time. He/she would stop crying once it comes in your arms and would coo when you talk to him !!

Trust me, I have a 9 month old son and it's an amazing experience.
Old 15th July 2009, 20:52   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Its been a rollercoaster ride so far
DITTO
Quote:
Apart from the long commute & the hours put in work,I have to take care of our 2 dogs as well as cook/ clean/take care of other stuff around the house.
me too, minus the dogs, LOL
Quote:
I've become quite hot-headed off late, and I tend to flip the lid at anything & everything. I try to keep my mouth shut for the most part.But I feel worked up and annoyed most of the time.
Nitin Bhai, dont worry, I am experiencing eggzakly the same things. Is it common for hubbies to lose temper during this period? I wonder.
Another thing that I have observed (atleast in my case) is that I have myself put on some weight. LOL. May be its because of all the special dishes that I make for her find a way to my tummy as well. hahaaha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
register on babycenter.com
it has become one of the bookmarks on my home PC ever since we found out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
You'd look forward to the times the baby is awake even in the middle of the night
I actually do !! I come home @ 2 am and I guess thats best. Daddy and Kiddo will have all the time.
P.S. she has just started to feel the first movements. :-) Sigh...we men will never be able to 'feel' that sensation.

Last edited by amya : 15th July 2009 at 21:05.
Old 15th July 2009, 21:01   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amya View Post

Another thing that I have observed (atleast in my case) is that I have myself put on some weight. LOL. May be its because of all the special dishes that I make for her find a way to my tummy as well.
no special dishes please, complete food, different types of fruits, grains, veggies in normal quantities will do.

my wife developed gestational diabetes with second child and had to be on limited calories diet (you won't believe how little she was eating). she actually lost weight in 2 months after the restriction started, I think she lost most of the fat. And she delivered a perfectly healthy baby.

don't fall for special diet or 'food for two' gimmicks. any extra weight will bring extra stress to muscles and joint, she already has to bear around 10-20 pounds (baby+placenta+amniotic fluid) around full term.
Old 15th July 2009, 21:58   #99
BHPian

Quote:
no special dishes please,
by 'special' what I meant was the dishes that you wouldnt cook in daily busy routine. I am taking care not to feed her with anything too oily or to fatty.
Quote:
complete food, different types of fruits, grains, veggies in normal quantities will do.
point noted.Thank you
Quote:
don't fall for special diet or 'food for two' gimmicks. any extra weight will bring extra stress to muscles and joint, she already has to bear around 10-20 pounds (baby+placenta+amniotic fluid) around full term.
I am loving this thread. so much of information from daddies. LOL. But seriously, thank you !

Last edited by amya : 15th July 2009 at 22:00.
Old 15th July 2009, 22:46   #100
BHPian

'already-dads', how about some proven and tested (or tasted ! whatever you like) recipies for wannabe moms? please do share some recipies which were a welcome break from the routine stuff; and which were safe and healthy enough for moms. And please, they should be easy enough to prepare for the wannbe dads :-) not everyone is an expert in the kitchen, you see.
Old 16th July 2009, 00:06   #101
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a bunch guys! I'm quite at ease now, having read the posts following mine.
Amya, same with me. Packed some pounds in the past few months! I would admit that the booze intake has gone up, trying to keep a sane mind (what an excuse,eh? )

True Vivek, I know that we'll look back and cherish these times we had. Once the baby lands, then everythings going to change ( all over again, if you will).
Old 16th July 2009, 12:11   #102
BHPian

Quote:
congrats amya, and register on babycenter.com, they send relevant weekly newsletter based on your D-day.
I registered on Pampers.co.uk and they sent a weekly mailer of how it's progressing - I am still getting these mailers now that my kid is 2.5 yrs ol...
Old 16th July 2009, 14:04   #103
BHPian

Hi Guys,

The below mentioned thread really helped me, thought of sharing the same with all you Dads-to-be

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...road-moms.html
Old 16th July 2009, 14:52   #104
Senior - BHPian

Dont worry, all men suffer from a case of sympathetic pregnancy and tire almost equally if not more than their pregnant wives.
Old 11th August 2009, 20:06   #105
BHPian

Hello Guys,
Nice thread with lot of useful info. Have anyone seen a "pram" (trolley) + "carseat" (baby seat) combo? I dont want to buy these two separate. Any info on this availability in Bangalore will be great.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks