Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2024, 13:27   #646
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Has anyone applied for Croatia tourist visa lately? How long did the process take?
Croatia is part of the Schengen zone so my guess would be as much as it takes for any other Schengen visa (15 working days)?
Old 12th April 2024, 05:10   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeard View Post
Croatia is part of the Schengen zone so my guess would be as much as it takes for any other Schengen visa (15 working days)?
I got the visa in 28 days. This is in sharp contrast to pre covid times of maximum 7 days.
Old 11th May 2024, 14:49   #648
Senior - BHPian

I am eligible for USA B1/B2 Visa waiver for my soon to be expiring visa (10 yrs validity). I am not in a hurry to renew but heard that there is long wait even for such cases. Has anyone recently applied and can share approximate wait times ?

Another question. I stay in Bangalore so usually I chose Chennai consulate while creating online application. However, there is a message appearing on US consulate website that now the visa waiver applications are getting consolidated in Delhi so slots at other locations are extremely limited. I'm wondering if I can still chose Chennai while creating my application but can change the location to Delhi for appointment ?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 11th May 2024 at 14:50.
Old 11th May 2024, 21:04   #649
BHPian

Visa waiver or visa interview waiver?
Are you planning to avail the drop box facility?
Old 11th May 2024, 21:23   #650
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Visa waiver or visa interview waiver?
Are you planning to avail the drop box facility?
Yes, visa interview waiver and drop box option. My bad if my query was confusing.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 11th May 2024 at 21:27.
Old 11th May 2024, 21:51   #651
BHPian

If you are going to use the drop box, select Chennai, why do you want
to go to Delhi just to drop your documents and maybe for bio-metrics?

You can then select collection of your passport by courier!

What they perhaps mean is the visa interview waiver applications will be consolidated in New Delhi and visa issued from the embassy there?
Old 11th May 2024, 21:54   #652
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are going to use the drop box, select Chennai, why do you want
to go to Delhi just to drop your documents and maybe for bio-metrics?

You can then select collection of your passport by courier!

What they perhaps mean is the visa interview waiver applications will be consolidated in New Delhi and visa issued from the embassy there?
I'm planning to use drop box at Bangalore which comes at a fee. My question is that does it matter what consulate I select while creating online application?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 11th May 2024 at 21:59.
Old 12th May 2024, 00:34   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I'm planning to use drop box at Bangalore which comes at a fee. My question is that does it matter what consulate I select while creating online application?
To my knowledge depending on ones geographical location & proximity to the nearest embassy the application must be submitted to that particular embassy (e.g. Eastern India is Kolkata, Southern India is Chennai...etc)

Check the FAQ or DS160 page, maybe they have some more (up to date) information.
Old 14th May 2024, 12:07   #654
Distinguished - BHPian

I applied for B1/B2 visa for myself and family end of September 2023- filled DS 160 and paid the visa fee. We planned to do a family vacation summer of 2024. I didn't schedule an appointment immediately since the earliest appointment slot was in 576 days (April 2025). In any case, I figured, the payment receipt is valid for a year within which time you need to schedule an appointment (even though the appointment itself may be outside the 1-year window). For a few months there was no seeming progress but in January and February this year they cleared up quite some backlog and we could get slots for as early as September '24.

Heartened by this we decided to wait some more (big mistake!) The wait times have since gotten worse and worse: as of today the earliest appointment anywhere in India is Sep 4th, 2025 (nearly 2 years after me applying and paying for the visa).

I've dropped an email to the support ID mentioned on the site but have no particular hopes of securing an earlier appointment. My time to choose a slot ends in 4 months so I will eventually end up booking whatever slot is available and hope for the best. A valid US visa is essential for many reasons, both professional and personal. But I can't say this experience has left a good taste in the mouth. Who plans a family vacation more than 2 years in advance?

For what its worth my wife and elder kid along with myself are all multiple times travelled to the US on past visas in the same class. But that seemingly makes no difference since none of us qualifies for dropbox/interview waiver.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Last edited by noopster : 14th May 2024 at 12:08.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2024, 15:27   #655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
For what its worth my wife and elder kid along with myself are all multiple times travelled to the US on past visas in the same class. But that seemingly makes no difference since none of us qualifies for dropbox/interview waiver.
Since you have held previous US Visa under same category, could you please elaborate why you are not eligible for drop box option ? I have multiple B1/B2 Visa stamped on my passport and recent one is expiring soon. However, the website mentions that drop box option is available so I'm confused a bit by your comment.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 14th May 2024 at 15:29.
Old 14th May 2024, 18:56   #656
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Since you have held previous US Visa under same category, could you please elaborate why you are not eligible for drop box option ? I have multiple B1/B2 Visa stamped on my passport and recent one is expiring soon. However, the website mentions that drop box option is available so I'm confused a bit by your comment.
Our last visa was issued in 2005. The cutoff is 2008, probably because biometrics were either not taken or need to be updated after a certain number of years. My kid's case for not qualifying for drop box is different because she was under 14 when her last visa was issued.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2024, 12:52   #657

Quote:
I am eligible for USA B1/B2 Visa waiver for my soon to be expiring visa (10 yrs validity). I am not in a hurry to renew but heard that there is long wait even for such cases. Has anyone recently applied and can share approximate wait times ?

Another question. I stay in Bangalore so usually I chose Chennai consulate while creating online application. However, there is a message appearing on US consulate website that now the visa waiver applications are getting consolidated in Delhi so slots at other locations are extremely limited. I'm wondering if I can still chose Chennai while creating my application but can change the location to Delhi for appointment ?
I submitted my father's B1/B2 visa for renewal at VFS Office in Bangalore last week as his previous visa had expired and he was eligible for drop box as he turned 80 Years in March. I filled his DS160 on 1st May and when trying to book an appointment using Chennai Consolate it said no dates available but when i chose Delhi immediate dates starting next day were available. I chose Delhi, booked the slot for 6th May and submitted the application. I went on 6th May submitted his application and was accepted without any issues. So even if you have selected Chennai in your DS160 you can still select Delhi Consolate for booking the appointment as all the interview waiver applications a getting consolidated in Delhi. If you have still not submitted your DS160 in the last page before submitting the application you can select Delhi Consolate and submit the application. Hope this helps.
khan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2024, 08:01   #658
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan View Post
I submitted my father's B1/B2 visa for renewal at VFS Office in Bangalore last week as his previous visa had expired and he was eligible for drop box as he turned 80 Years in March
Thank you for information. Do we need to submit any additional documents other than passport for the drop box option? Also, do they return passport to our home address via courier or do we need to collect it from drop box location?
Old 20th May 2024, 19:05   #659

Quote:
Thank you for information. Do we need to submit any additional documents other than passport for the drop box option? Also, do they return passport to our home address via courier or do we need to collect it from drop box location?
No additional documents are required except the latest passport (and any expired passports) and 2 photos.

You can opt for pickup at the VFS office or choose to deliver it to your home address. So at VFS office you need to pay Rs 850 as courier charges to send your passport for stamping to the consulate. Then if you opt for home delivery you will pay Rs 850 again to the delivery guy at the time of delivery. If you choose to collect the passport at VFS office then i think there are no charges for pickup.
khan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2024, 13:29   #660
BHPian

My wife had to miss her Schengen visa appointment for additional documentation asks. We have already paid for the appointment. Is it possible to reschedule the missed appointment or should we take a new appointment and pay again? In case we apply for a new appointment, can we get a refund of the payment done for the old appointment?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th June 2024 at 13:32. Reason: typos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks