Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2019, 12:32   #436
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Do you see any Rejected stamps/ remarks from Canadian/ UK consulate on the passport? If yes, then it can be tricky. It will appear that you are trying to move from India. Did the Canadian/ UK Guys reject outrightly or asked you to furnish more documents?

If you don't have anything of immediate importance in the USA, better wait and apply after a few months/ Year.
UK does not put a rejection stamp as far as I know, they just hand you a refusal letter explaining the reasons why. As for Canada, they put a "Visa Applied" stamp in certain situations, but no rejection stamp.

Agree with what you say, applying to the US/Schengen now would look like your desperate to move out of India. Better to wait and apply after 6 months/year.
Old 30th May 2019, 09:47   #437
BHPian

UK Visa - Manual Process done myself (from Bangalore)
- Visa Application - https://visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome : Apply for the right Visa Category, ensure you have all details handy - Personal, Financial, Supporting Documents; If traveling with Kids, do get an Approved leave certificate from School for the period of travel.
- VFS - Book an appointment based on the Application number as reference. I used the normal queue as I had planned in advance. I did not take any help on the application filling.
- I took four appointments for all family members, you can do the same and go for the appointment together.
- One set of documents are good for all family members. No Document is retained, all scanned and returned.
- No Photo Needed as Finger prints and Photo will be taken at VFS.
- Opted for SMS service for one of the applications but did not get any updates : You cannot simply get the status on VISA processing.
- It took 3 weeks to get the VISA considering there were holidays + elections.
- Opted for the Courier service and it was delivered home. It can be picked up at VFS as well.

Plan 3 months in advance, have all required documents handy, the process is quite simple!
Old 14th June 2019, 11:12   #438
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunately, my PP was stolen when I visiting the US last August. I had to apply for a PP issued from the Indian Consulate at SF which is valid for 2 years. I have a year left on that and the Visa was for ten years.

I have all the relevant documents including the Police case receipt. When i checked the process for stolen/lost Visa's, I figured I have to go through the Visa process again and inform them how it was stolen.
My query is if it is okay to apply for the Visa once I get my passport renewed next year or it doesn't make any difference applying for it now or next year.

Is there any time within which I need to apply for the Visa in such cases?
Old 14th June 2019, 11:58   #439
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Unfortunately, my PP was stolen when I visiting the US last August. I had to apply for a PP issued from the Indian Consulate at SF which is valid for 2 years. I have a year left on that and the Visa was for ten years.

My query is if it is okay to apply for the Visa once I get my passport renewed next year or it doesn't make any difference applying for it now or next year.

Most likely they will reissue you the same visa on your current passport, and it should have the same validity as the original. Even if they issue you a new Visa, US visa has got nothing to do with the validity of the passport, if they issue you a 10 YEar visa, it can go past the validity of your passport.

You can keep a Valid US visa in an expired Passport and travel to the USA on the new passport (do carry old one as well ), so you can apply on your current valid passport

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th June 2019 at 11:59.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 12:16   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Most likely they will reissue you the same visa on your current passport, and it should have the same validity as the original. Even if they issue you a new Visa, US visa has got nothing to do with the validity of the passport, if they issue you a 10 YEar visa, it can go past the validity of your passport.

You can keep a Valid US visa in an expired Passport and travel to the USA on the new passport (do carry old one as well ), so you can apply on your current valid passport
Thank you.

I have no plans on visiting the US anytime soon, but would like to keep the same Visa issued last year, just in case. Does it make sense to get it done at the earliest or whenever I plan to go. I understand the ten years period will keep reducing as and when I decide to get it done.
Old 14th June 2019, 12:30   #441
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have no plans on visiting the US anytime soon, but would like to keep the same Visa issued last year, just in case. Does it make sense to get it done at the earliest or whenever I plan to go. I understand the ten years period will keep reducing as and when I decide to get it done.
I think it will be better if you apply to get a Visa whenever you have a reason to visit. Am not sure about the validity but I guess, they are liberal and don't want hassles for applicants to come again like Schengen so they might give you a fresh Visa with 10 Year validity. But, I don't see a reason for you to apply now.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 12:52   #442
BHPian

Quote:

I have all the relevant documents including the Police case receipt. When i checked the process for stolen/lost Visa's, I figured I have to go through the Visa process again and inform them how it was stolen.

You can apply one year before and after expiry of the present visa. You may qualify for the interview waiver in such cases, but will know only during the process.
KA18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2019, 14:07   #443
BHPian

This is a different kind of visa query and maybe it does not belong here but here goes.

I am applying for resident visa for New Zealand and I need to send all the documents to the Auckland office via courier. I wanted suggestions for a tried and tested (reliable) courier service to send documents from Pune to Auckland. Also approx. how many days will it take ?

I had a bad experience earlier while sending medicines for my mother while she was there. The courier company lost the parcel midway and then closed shop.
Old 14th June 2019, 14:49   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
I am applying for resident visa for New Zealand and I need to send all the documents to the Auckland office via courier. I wanted suggestions for a tried and tested (reliable) courier service to send documents from Pune to Auckland. Also approx. how many days will it take ?
Please use either IndiaPost or go to DHL/FedEx/UPS. I would not take a chance with any other courier company for documents that are as important to you as the visa application package.
Old 19th June 2019, 15:10   #445
BHPian

Thanks KiloAlpha.

I compared the charges for the three courier services for delivering the papers to Auckland and there is a large difference.

IndiaPost quoted 1000/-
DHL quoted closer to 5000/-
UPS quoted closer to 3000/-

I wanted advice on the PCC procedure here in Pune. The primary applicant for the ITA is my wife. I wanted to know what documents are asked from the dependent members (me) for granting the PCC. Is a marriage certificate copy necessary ?

The ITA does not mention my name and the govt passport site is silent on the papers required for a dependent.
Old 21st June 2019, 16:40   #446
BHPian

Quote:

I wanted advice on the PCC procedure here in Pune. The primary applicant for the ITA is my wife. I wanted to know what documents are asked from the dependent members (me) for granting the PCC. Is a marriage certificate copy necessary ?

The ITA does not mention my name and the govt passport site is silent on the papers required for a dependent.
Here in Hyderabad, the PSK official didn't ask for any ITA document for PCC processing. They just wanted the passport, and local address proof to process it. Primary & Dependant doesn't matter for PCC, both will be processed separately.
Old 25th June 2019, 17:16   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Here in Hyderabad, the PSK official didn't ask for any ITA document for PCC processing. They just wanted the passport, and local address proof to process it. Primary & Dependant doesn't matter for PCC, both will be processed separately.
Thanks. You were right on all counts. However my experience was not so straightforward.

I reached the PSK around 09 am and my appointment was at 09.30. Still I showed the sms received on my mobile to the guard and he let me in.

The initial stages went fast and fine. After doing the biometrics at A and document verification at B, I was at the C counter within 10 minutes. Soon the display board directed me to move to counter C4. It was manned by an elderly lady and another man was already sitting in front of her. So I waited.

Now the elderly lady was in not so good mood. She kept looking here and there for a full 10 minutes before paying attention to the person in front of her. Servicing him took a full 15 mins and at the end she sent him back to counter A for some minor correction.

I handed over my form and passport to her. She took one look at the passport and said your passport is old so it will take police verification and then you will have to come again to get the PCC. I was shocked because my passport has 3 years still on it and it was also in a decent shape physically.

Still I saw no sense in arguing because the last decision rests in the hands of the passport officer manning the counter. Hence I returned empty handed.

Two days later I got a call from the local Police station. I visited there with all documents. The police asked for everything from aadhar card to my offer letter (apparently to prove that I am employed).

Anyway two days after the visit to the police station I received an sms from PSK asking me to visit to collect the PCC. It requires no appointment. Straight walk-in showing the sms. Direct to counter C. PCC in hand in 10 minutes.
Old 26th June 2019, 12:43   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. You were right on all counts. However my experience was not so straightforward.

--SNIP--
Yeah, unfortunately, a lot of the process still depends on the person handling your application. But I have to mention that for me and my wife, we both had police verification carried out for our PCCs. My address in passport was different from current residence while my wife's address is the current one. So it's not unusual to have verification done for PCC.
Old 8th July 2019, 20:31   #449
BHPian

Hi Guys,

We (me, mom and dad) are planning to visit Australia on Tourist Visa (for 2 weeks). My brother is currently in Australia for an IT company on deputation. I see that there are two ways to go about it, go through VFS Global (agent) or apply directly on AUS Immi website under Visitor Subclass 600. I have few questions as of now, starting with:
a) Which is the recommended way?
b) How long does it take to get the VISA and ideally how many weeks before our planned travel should be apply for VISA.
c) Also do we need to book the flight tickets before applying for VISA or do we book tickets after VISA is granted?

Thanks in advance.
Old 8th July 2019, 21:48   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Hi Guys,

We (me, mom and dad) are planning to visit Australia on Tourist Visa (for 2 weeks). My brother is currently in Australia for an IT company on deputation. I see that there are two ways to go about it, go through VFS Global (agent) or apply directly on AUS Immi website under Visitor Subclass 600. I have few questions as of now, starting with:
a) Which is the recommended way?
b) How long does it take to get the VISA and ideally how many weeks before our planned travel should be apply for VISA.
c) Also do we need to book the flight tickets before applying for VISA or do we book tickets after VISA is granted?

Thanks in advance.
A. Choosing one of these is entirely up to your convenience. If you are able to take time and visit VFS Global with your folks, you can do that. Else, go the online way. Please note that the paper application will need you to certify each document. But the good thing here is that when we submitted it at VFS, they did it there which served the purpose. Getting every document notarised outside can become costly.

B. The current processing times vary from 16-26 days. Most applications tend to be processed closer to the earliest number, in that range. Best time to apply for your Visa would be around 35-40 days before your travel.

C. Travel documents are not mandatory for Australian Visitor Visa category, though if you have booked the tickets before applying for visa, you can certainly provide it as a proof and there is no downside to it. As with all travel visas, the main thing they would look for is evidences to prove you have strong reasons to return to your country of residence without overstaying.

Also as for the visas, they usually grant a visa with 12 month validity and multiple entries, with a singe visit not extending more than 3 months. For older folks they tend to be a bit more liberal and sometimes offer a 3 year multiple entry visa with a longer period of continuous stay.

All the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks