Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2014, 23:43   #226
BHPian

Re: Advice for Visas & Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunkumars View Post
acroback,

A major criteria for high rejection of L1B visa's are when we say client projects or IT service industry. I would suggest you to build up a strong case on the product that you have designed and developed and mention that you will be working on this product alone instead of any client services. The approval rate increases for an in-house product when compared to client service projects.
The other things such as owning a house/ flat are not a big factor if your pay package here is decent and your willingness to return.

PS.. How do I know this?? This is what was told to me by my senior manager and my L1B case was processed and approved in the same manner this month
Thanks for reply.

How much time does it take for the whole L1B process to finish?
Old 4th March 2014, 12:48   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Thanks for reply.

How much time does it take for the whole L1B process to finish?
The interview process is a standard 2 day affair [Day-1 for biometric, Day-2 is actual interview].

It all depends on preparation, submission of documents and getting the interview date. L1-B generally between 3 to 6 weeks to get interview slot, L1B Blanket is more like a tatkal process where the interview slot can be obtained in around 10 days. All organizations are not eligible for applying under the blanket quota as there is some pre-requisites to qualify for the same.
Old 6th March 2014, 09:11   #228
BHPian

A MNC on west coast is going to file my H1B for this year.
Obviously they have suggested me not to resign as H1B is lottery based.

But my current company is filing my L1B individual petition this month.
Yes I have selected premium processing for L1B Individual petition.

So now I am confused.

- L1B petition status will be known to me in 15 odd days due to premium processing. Will this affect my H1B?
- If my L1B Visa is approved say after my H1B petition filing, will it affect my H1B petition?
- If my L1B Visa gets stamped and after that my H1B petition is accepted, does my L1B gets invalidated?

So ques is, what should be the course of action for me?
Let my current company file my L1B or ask them not to file my L1B?

I am a little puzzled, as I know which ever petition is last shall take effect.

Thanks,
Old 18th March 2014, 14:11   #229
BHPian

Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for Long stay Visa

Hi All - Some of the Schengen countries (e.g. Blegium) require those applying for long term work visa to submit the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), along with the several other documents needed for visa stamping. The PCC is issued by the Passport office and can take as long as 4-5 weeks if you have stayed at different residences over the past 5 years!

My question is - does anybody have a list of countries (mostly European) where the PCC is required/not required for Visa stamping? I have searched online but couldnt find a "list" per se. Otherwise, I will have to go check in each country's embassy or visa processing website (e.g vfs-global).

Old 20th March 2015, 14:44   #230
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need your help.

For the US tourist visa, we have the appointments for the OFC and the Consulate. Do we just carry the appointment letters and passports and any supporting documents? I guess they do not allow us to even carry our wallets? Mobiles and electronic devices aren't surely allowed but wallets?

Last edited by naveenroy : 20th March 2015 at 14:53.
Old 20th March 2015, 14:47   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Guys, need your help.

For the US tourist visa, we have the appointments for the OFC and the Consulate. Do we just carry the appointment letters and passports and any supporting documents? I guess they do not allow us to even carry our wallets? Mobiles and electronic documents aren't surely allowed but wallets?
For OFC just passport and the interview confirmation letter is needed. For the interview, the documents will depend on the individual case, so can't comment. Wallets are allowed.
Old 20th March 2015, 14:55   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
For OFC just passport and the interview confirmation letter is needed. For the interview, the documents will depend on the individual case, so can't comment. Wallets are allowed.
Ah thanks for clearing that up. Wasn't sure on the wallet situation. Would have looked foolish carrying around cash in the pockets
Old 20th March 2015, 14:59   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

For OFC even cell phones are allowed. It is only for Visa interview where phones are not allowed.
Old 20th March 2015, 15:57   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post
For OFC even cell phones are allowed. It is only for Visa interview where phones are not allowed.
Ah, that is a bit of news. Thanks.

Have selected a hotel half-way through the OFC and Consulate. Tourist visa so just have to show that I am going there for holidays. Passport and the OFC Appointment letter and the DS-160 letter.

Something else I am seeing is the point that I might have to show them proof of having made the payment for the Visa. How can I show that? I had made the payment via a bank transfer.
Old 20th March 2015, 16:17   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Something else I am seeing is the point that I might have to show them proof of having made the payment for the Visa. How can I show that? I had made the payment via a bank transfer.
It's usually not 'required', but still preferable to carry. Banks usually issue a receipt like the one below. If you paid online, there may have been an online receipt shown with a transaction ID (like we get for other online payments). If it was an account-to-account transfer, you should request an acknowledgment from the receiver.

Advice for Visas & Interviews-visa-fees.jpg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 20th March 2015 at 16:20.
Old 20th March 2015, 16:25   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
It's usually not 'required', but still preferable to carry. Banks usually issue a receipt like the one below. If you paid online, there may have been an online receipt shown with a transaction ID (like we get for other online payments). If it was an account-to-account transfer, you should request an acknowledgment from the receiver.
Ah, my bad. I remembered I had taken a screenshot of the successful transfer of the visa amount from my account to the Embassy. Will take a screenshot of that. Thanks!
Old 20th March 2015, 16:29   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikkars View Post
Hi All - Some of the Schengen countries (e.g. Blegium) require those applying for long term work visa to submit the Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), along with the several other documents needed for visa stamping. The PCC is issued by the Passport office and can take as long as 4-5 weeks if you have stayed at different residences over the past 5 years!

My question is - does anybody have a list of countries (mostly European) where the PCC is required/not required for Visa stamping? I have searched online but couldnt find a "list" per se. Otherwise, I will have to go check in each country's embassy or visa processing website (e.g vfs-global).

Germany, Norway,Swiss and France doesn't require it for sure.

Quote:
A MNC on west coast is going to file my H1B for this year.
Obviously they have suggested me not to resign as H1B is lottery based.

But my current company is filing my L1B individual petition this month.
Yes I have selected premium processing for L1B Individual petition.

So now I am confused.

- L1B petition status will be known to me in 15 odd days due to premium processing. Will this affect my H1B?
- If my L1B Visa is approved say after my H1B petition filing, will it affect my H1B petition?
- If my L1B Visa gets stamped and after that my H1B petition is accepted, does my L1B gets invalidated?

So ques is, what should be the course of action for me?
Let my current company file my L1B or ask them not to file my L1B?

I am a little puzzled, as I know which ever petition is last shall take effect.

Thanks,
@Mods: saw this later hence a back to back post. Great if you wish to merge.

L1B has high amounts of rejection. If you file for L1B and is in process, I strongly feel you cannot apply for H1B as your eligibility will be considered based on only 1 application at a time. So only 1 at a time.

If you ask me, apply for L1B only if you think you can have a strong case based on your specialized knowledge of a skill, tools or processes. More so, if you are applying on an individual petition the application is thoroughly checked and rechecked. Blanket petition is still easier to get through. Check with your employer what is their way of application.

H1B is always an evergreen case but again lottery is a spoilsport here. So take your call based on how eligible you think you are for each.

Drive Safe !

Last edited by benbsb29 : 16th July 2015 at 05:05. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts.
Old 20th March 2015, 17:06   #238
BHPian

Quote:
I have designed and architect ed the next product we are building.I design, write code, debug things, mentor other .
If you are Sr.Architect and have other Developers reporting to you, explore L1-A option with your legal team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
If you file for L1B and is in process, I strongly feel you cannot apply for H1B as your eligibility will be considered based on only 1 application at a time. So only 1 at a time.
Shiv - Both can be applied in parallel.

Quote:
if you are applying on an individual petition the application is thoroughly checked and rechecked. Blanket petition is still easier to get through.
L1-Ind have slightly better approval rate.

If you are working for a Product based company - the approval rates are much higher.
Old 20th March 2015, 17:14   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah, that is a bit of news. Thanks.

Have selected a hotel half-way through the OFC and Consulate. Tourist visa so just have to show that I am going there for holidays. Passport and the OFC Appointment letter and the DS-160 letter.

There is no need for proof of Visa payment. The only way for you to get the appointment is to pay the Visa fees.

IMO following is what you need

OFC
1. Passport
2. Appointment letter

Visa Interview

1. Passport
2. Appointment letter
3. Any other document that is relevant to the information that you have specified in D-160 including your personal particulars, educational background, financial details etc.This is not the exhaustive list. Please go through the net (immihelp.com is useful).
Old 20th March 2015, 19:50   #240
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post

OFC
1. Passport
2. Appointment letter

Visa Interview

1. Passport
2. Appointment letter
3. Any other document that is relevant to the information that you have specified in D-160 including your personal particulars, educational background, financial details etc.This is not the exhaustive list. Please go through the net (immihelp.com is useful).
Thanks. Yup, have got relevant documents to prove that I do not intend to over-stay my welcome there. Mostly cause my manager here will come looking for me

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks