51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 209 16.28%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 92 7.17%
Voters: 1284. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 19:47   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECM View Post
Another example of profitable trading given below,went short in Lead and enjoying mouthwatering profits,check below lines pasted directly from my terminal at 7:30 IST.
LEAD 31MAR2009 1693 4 67.40(cmp) 67.40 67.45 5 -2.25(down%) 70.25(high_ 67.20(low) 68.92(avg price) ,if one shorted Lead when I posted that call he must be enjoying a profit of net 10,500/- by this time.
In comming weekend get ready for some lessons on how to trade in market with profits,I dont have any guru,I never subscribe to any new letters,I hardly check balance sheets of companies who either give pink result or horrible losses,are you ready?
Edit-->Lead made a fresh low of 66.95,ding dong:P

You rock! @ ECM. Keep it coming. I love the way you look at things. I do not have the mechanism in place to trade in commodities. Reminds me to get that in place.

Cheers,
Old 19th March 2009, 06:31   #1097
ECM
BHPian

Thanks Ravindra
Systemic approach is a key of successful trading.Few ideas backed by sytem I follow strictly and that has helped me a lot in my trading,btw nothing is like rocking buddy I am same like other people and not from different planet.
Old 19th March 2009, 07:39   #1098
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Systemic approach is a key of successful trading.
You surely are giving me a reason to trade again after getting somewhat burned last year, peculiarly the stock market used to go down whenever I left for travel and could not sell on time!!! So last time sold everything before going out and did save the bad time that followed then, and surely the day I was out the stock market was going down more - thought process was like better to spend money on travel than to see hard earned cash vaporize in a matter of hours.

But you do have some very good posts and leads over here, will have to go through these in detail and then be back on a small time basis on the stock market on a much more better fundamental outlook - after all you seem to be my ticket to Brazil 2014 World Cup.

Last edited by adc : 19th March 2009 at 07:57.
Old 19th March 2009, 08:27   #1099
ECM
BHPian

Don't come back again in market if this is the solo reason.
Quote:
You surely are giving me a reason to trade again after getting somewhat burned last year
I am just showing a way how to turn your trades into profitable ones.This I learnt with some real efforts.I don't call myself xtra ordinary person,others or may be you possibly more intelligent than me so first know how market behaves,do some paper trading first(it is must)and then come back in market.
Your first motto should be--always---
How much loss I can afford If I trade today,if one can adopt this theory profit will start flowing in,first and farmost objective is to save our Capital.Remember right trade fetch small returns in long time in falling market but wrong trade can turn into a huge loss in no span of time,today markets are like that.
Quote:
after all you seem to be my ticket to Brazil 2014 World Cup.
Dont overestimate me,I may turn into a exit pass,I hate blind followers in my life,yes this is fact.
All the best.

Last edited by ECM : 19th March 2009 at 08:30.
Old 19th March 2009, 11:08   #1100
ECM
BHPian

I enjoyed super profits from 2570 upto today in Nifty.
Old 19th March 2009, 11:31   #1101
Senior - BHPian

ECM.please keep the tips and advice coming.Its becoming very very interesting to read your posts.I am a newbie in the stock market and am learning at every step.

Just buying and selling NTPC right now to make small little profits.Touchwood.

"How much loss I can afford"

this is a very important and a very good line.We tend to ride on the excitement and buy more without thinking about this.
Old 19th March 2009, 11:45   #1102
ECM
BHPian

Noted Navpreet on
Quote:
Just buying and selling NTPC right now to make small little profits
Personally I never marry to any stocks or commodity->Never,either I just fall in love with them while buying or become rude when going short.
I also hate style called arbitrage(spell check),it is a total waste of time and energy,have seen many chaps doing this by remaining 6 inches away from broker's monitor,they look like Troubled Ostrich who dump its head in sand in trouble time.
Can't promise how long I shall continue posting here,my aim is just to motivate members and show them money can be made anytime if you act upon right time.Sad thing is in today's world all ask for ready made cup of tea and 99% of mails or pms I received are like that!Boys no one can dry your wet cloths,only you need to go in sunlight and stay for inuf time to make them dry.
Before I close--
Fertilizers,Ac,Water treatment,Pestiside sector look good to me,April to May is a time for midcaps but this time due to election not all midcaps can move,focus your energy on sector I wrote above.In India no party have guts to change policies for Fertilizer companies so I expect sizeble upmove in them
DYOD(Do your own diligence before you trade.I have 0 positions in sector I wrote above).
Jay Ho.

Last edited by ECM : 19th March 2009 at 11:46.
Old 19th March 2009, 12:02   #1103
Senior - BHPian

This is exactly what i want.how do you read the market.How does one start predicting.how does one act at the right time?

How do you make a move based on what you're seeing in the screen.
What i need right noe is a read on how to make sensible decisions.What all factors to consider?

My questions may sound very amateur but the fact is that no one,no friend,no broker friend, has been able to clearly answer me that.
Just one answer is given.its a "satta".and i for sure know its not.Its a very calculated subject.
I just need to get to page One of the book.thats what i'm looking for from your side.
Old 19th March 2009, 12:22   #1104
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
My questions may sound very amateur but the fact is that no one,no friend,no broker friend, has been able to clearly answer me that.
Just one answer is given.its a "satta".and i for sure know its not.Its a very calculated subject.
I just need to get to page One of the book.thats what i'm looking for from your side.

If you want to avoid "Satta", pick up the book "The Intelligent Investor" by Benjamin Graham. Benjamin Graham was one of the first guys ever to analyze the market for value stocks. Warren Buffet was a student of Graham. If you finish reading this book, then pick up "Security Analysis" by Graham & Dodds.
Old 19th March 2009, 12:36   #1105
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the book names.will check them out.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:43   #1106
ECM
BHPian

Make satta(trading) an art and see the difference Navpreet.
Quote:
Just one answer is given.its a "satta".
This too I want to pass it on to everyone but unfortunately Its not that easy,its not like donating your blood to someone.
Let me try to answer if I can-
*How to read the market-Honestly its almost impossible judging the trend without putting some real and concrete efforts,there are though various ways to judge the trend like put-call ratio,general mood of people(here all were bearish),various external factors like inflation/crude price etc.Interest rates,$v/sRe moves,Overnite announcement of economic datas in US,Europe,Japan(search Bloomberg,very helpful site to get all such datas),Major announcement like Job data,housing status put a lot of impect on all markets.
Quote:
This is exactly what i want.how do you read the market.How does one start predicting.how does one act at the right time?

How do you make a move based on what you're seeing in the screen.
What i need right noe is a read on how to make sensible decisions.What all factors to consider?
*When I was born,no one helped me or showed me how to walk,how to eat,how to sing,how to post in tbhp,all these I learnt by myself.Try to raise your level as high as possible,in this case spirituality helps a lot.It will help you to understand who you are and what you can do and what cannot,try this.Start your day with some goal in your mind and try to achieve it,when this becomes a habit success will start following you where ever you go.
What I do is I have some goals in my mind to earn profits,I see something which I want to achieve yet(WITH God's grace I have everything,I have my own bunglow and most of luxurious items when I was 28 made from my own money).One needs a positive frame of mind,losses never squared up in a day's time,yes one can loss everything in few hours.A small profit of Rs.2000 makes a total of around Rs.50,000 per month(excl.of sat and sunday) but a loss of Rs.1200 in day trading is perhaps a salary of many Indians,so losses are not permited by any means.
*Try to learn technicals,specially elliot waves,get a good software-vendor for data to plot graphs in your machine.Look out of wave 3(major-intermidiate or minor)and decide your goal.Wave 3 in any trend up or down fetches maximum profits by going long or shorting.All this I have written in a small paragraphs but it took almost 5 years for me to get a grip,I am still novice till my last breath.
*Start slowly but steadily to win the race.
*There are few technic for day trading but that I shall disclose some other time else novice people will end in huge losses by appling them without understanding.
Cya,take all above not like preaching but like a car polish which helps to shine the car.
Quote:

Last edited by ECM : 19th March 2009 at 13:46.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:22   #1107
BHPian

Excellent and motivating write-up ECM. Keep it coming.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:26   #1108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
*When I was born,no one helped me or showed me how to walk,how to eat,how to sing,how to post in tbhp,all these I learnt by myself.Try to raise your level as high as possible,in this case spirituality helps a lot.
Bang on target. Good writeup and analysis from you. Thanks
Old 19th March 2009, 15:07   #1109

Quote:
*When I was born,no one helped me or showed me how to walk,how to eat,how to sing,how to post in tbhp,all these I learnt by myself.
Hats off..Hall mark of self made man.
Nice to know some one who really mades some profit.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:57   #1110
BANNED

Warren Buffet on Technical Analysis
"I realized technical analysis didn't work when I turned the charts upside down and didn't get a different answer"
"If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians."

Peter Lynch on Technical Analysis
"It's an excellent tool for predicting the past".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks