51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 205 16.43%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 83 6.65%
Voters: 1248. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2015, 22:54   #2776
BHPian

http://m.moneycontrol.com/news/fii-v...b_1289466.html

please see the above article

do you guys think nifty will be going down so much.
Old 3rd February 2015, 09:07   #2777
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Read it recently - was looking to learn about the CAPE ratio but it was more about history. Not sure how to summarize the learning from the book :(
I started reading it with a lot of expectations, based on online reviews, and find it more about history of declines in financial market and the factors affecting it. I reason I find it not interesting may be because I do not like history much.
Old 3rd February 2015, 09:13   #2778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
I believe it is a super read for the analysis done prior to the Dotcom bust and the real estate bust.
However, the 3rd edition also covers today's world - so if you have this version, can you please post about what it says.
On the other hand, I think I might lose my patience and order the imported expensive version ()
Do not buy the imported one, it is available locally for Rs. 350. Go for it if you like analysis of macro events leading to market crashes.

http://www.amazon.in/Irrational-Exub...nal+exuberance
Old 3rd February 2015, 09:31   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
Well, i don't know about that kinda drop, but for sure there might be a dip next week coz of the event in delhi.
Old 3rd February 2015, 14:27   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhavdalal View Post
http://m.moneycontrol.com/news/fii-v...b_1289466.html

please see the above article

There seems to be a typo in the article and hence the URL as well. From within the article <snip>Latha: What would be your pecking order for equity markets and where would India figure, does it look fully valued or does it look like it still has space to rise?

A: We think there is a bit of upside but the market had such a good run, last year it was up around 30 percent, so I do not expect those tops to be repeated again. We have got a target of around 5,500 on the Nifty, so there is a bit more upside to come. The issues that sort of worries us a bit about India is that there is some positive expectations building for growth. The consensus for this year is around 5.5 percent, for next year 6.5 and then 7 percent in 2017.
</snip>

I am guessing he meant 9500 since he talks about upside to come but was misquoted as 5500.

Cheers,
SK
Old 3rd February 2015, 18:57   #2781
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Read it recently - was looking to learn about the CAPE ratio but it was more about history. Not sure how to summarize the learning from the book :(
Historical analysis can be a wonderful tool.
People never change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Do not buy the imported one, it is available locally for Rs. 350. Go for it if you like analysis of macro events leading to market crashes.

http://www.amazon.in/Irrational-Exub...nal+exuberance
This is 2nd edition.
3rd edition is available either as kindle book or imported one. (http://www.amazon.in/Irrational-Exub...nal+exuberance)
(check the ISBN number)

By the way, I started on with Animal Spirits. Lovely book till now.
Austrian School leaning people may hate it though ... but the book makes some good points (and the limitations of the invisible hand).
Old 4th February 2015, 03:07   #2782
BHPian

Anybody follow the IT sector?Some Mid caps/small caps appear undervalued at present. Any takes or specific ideas?
Old 4th February 2015, 08:50   #2783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
Anybody follow the IT sector?Some Mid caps/small caps appear undervalued at present. Any takes or specific ideas?
Q3 results were not so good. But going ahead prospects are brighter. Look into 'Persistent Systems' and 'NIIT Technologies'. They are available cheap.
Old 4th February 2015, 17:35   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post

Q3 results were not so good. But going ahead prospects are brighter. Look into 'Persistent Systems' and 'NIIT Technologies'. They are available cheap.
Have you looked into Polaris and Intellect Design?
Old 4th February 2015, 19:29   #2785
Team-BHP Support

Persistant is a company worth looking at, they are going for all sorts of technology solutions as opposed to body shopping
Old 4th February 2015, 19:46   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Have you looked into Polaris and Intellect Design?
Intellect design, is an offshoot of Polaris. They have separated the product vertical from the service offerings. We need to see them for couple more quarters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Persistant is a company worth looking at, they are going for all sorts of technology solutions as opposed to body shopping
+1. The Q3 results were not as expected, so we can get in at lower levels. But, they foresee a better Q4. I feel the management is good, and they are in the right direction. Rest, time will tell.
Old 4th February 2015, 19:51   #2787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi View Post
There seems to be a typo in the article and hence the URL as well. From within the article <snip>Latha: What would be your pecking order for equity markets and where would India figure, does it look fully valued or does it look like it still has space to rise?

A: We think there is a bit of upside but the market had such a good run, last year it was up around 30 percent, so I do not expect those tops to be repeated again. We have got a target of around 5,500 on the Nifty, so there is a bit more upside to come. The issues that sort of worries us a bit about India is that there is some positive expectations building for growth. The consensus for this year is around 5.5 percent, for next year 6.5 and then 7 percent in 2017.
</snip>

I am guessing he meant 9500 since he talks about upside to come but was misquoted as 5500.

Cheers,
SK
Hahaha, Yes, 5500 would take blood baths and wars of epic proportions for the Nifty to touch that. The people who would have shorted Nifty and some stocks even for 3 to 4 lakh rupees would be buying Mercedes and BMW's.
Old 4th February 2015, 23:23   #2788
BHPian

Quote:
Dr Singh
Hi. I hold Geometric and have been holding it for about 2 years.
AFAIR it is a company owned by Godrej.
Would love to read views from different members here.
Regards
Old 5th February 2015, 14:46   #2789

Hi all
Any views on Jaiprakash associates? I hold a few shares of the same, but the price has been so low for such a long time.
Also, any views on Strides arcolabs?

Regards
Shyam.
Old 5th February 2015, 15:12   #2790
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamomfs View Post
Hi all
Any views on Jaiprakash associates? I hold a few shares of the same, but the price has been so low for such a long time.
Also, any views on Strides arcolabs?

Regards
Shyam.
Too much debt, they are currently selling assets off but they need to voercome debt, create working capital in order to make profits. it will take a long time.

Strides Arcolabs - high growth company but grown by acquisition. Never looked at financials but i have no idea if there will be growth pains due to many acquisitions at some point

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks