76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 92 7.18%
Voters: 1281. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2014, 15:14   #2371
BANNED

Re: Do you play the stock market

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
I have 400 shares in Suzlon @ Rs 80. Should I liquidate now since the stock is at 31.xx or it is expected to go up further
you are in same boat as mine. I has almost 200 + at that rate. Has lost hope until i saw suzlon languishing at levels of 7-9 rs. out of frustration & to average out myself, I bought 1000 more to bring down average buy cost to 22 rs . Now i am in profit of some 15,000 .

Keeping in mind that new govt;s major thrust will be on solar power & company's Gujarat root's, I plan to stay put in Suzlon till budget at least.
Old 9th June 2014, 15:18   #2372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
...Just remember you have to pay STCG tax if you sell within 12 months.
Ya, am aware of this. I believe this will be deducted by the trade client we use when we sell the stuff?
Old 9th June 2014, 16:16   #2373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
you are in same boat as mine. I has almost 200 + at that rate. Has lost hope until i saw suzlon languishing at levels of 7-9 rs. out of frustration & to average out myself, I bought 1000 more to bring down average buy cost to 22 rs . Now i am in profit of some 15,000 .

Keeping in mind that new govt;s major thrust will be on solar power & company's Gujarat root's, I plan to stay put in Suzlon till budget at least.
My friend's wife is/was working in Suzlon.
Last time when we met a few months ago, he mentioned that his wife did not get regular monthly salary. She had to wait several months to get salary at times.
I am not sure if the situation is still so bad, but I would stay away from such a company.
Old 9th June 2014, 16:22   #2374
BHPian

can someone refer me to a trustworthy financial advisor/planner in new delhi ? someone whose services you, your near and dear ones or friends have used.

thanks
Old 9th June 2014, 16:22   #2375
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I am not sure if the situation is still so bad, but I would stay away from such a company.
I am not asking him to join as employee. Investing in a organization & employment are as diff as chalk & cheese.
Old 9th June 2014, 16:31   #2376
BANNED

Quote:
I am not asking him to join as employee. Investing in a organization & employment are as diff as chalk & cheese.
Yeah, but a company not paying salary to an employee is generally a bad sign from an investment point of view also.
Old 9th June 2014, 20:36   #2377
BHPian

Can someone suggest a good broker to open an account?
Old 10th June 2014, 11:59   #2378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
Yeah, but a company not paying salary to an employee is generally a bad sign from an investment point of view also.

What happened to shareholders of Kingfisher airlines? Or was it never listed?

Maddy
Old 10th June 2014, 12:24   #2379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
Can someone suggest a good broker to open an account?
ICICI Direct is good, but the charges are high. Sharekhan would be good. I am about to sign up for something called "Sharewealth" - Not sure of the spread of this franchisee. My friends have a franchisee and I'll be using their service for buying / selling. So I am NOT really worried about the client portal performance of this.
Old 10th June 2014, 13:38   #2380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
What happened to shareholders of Kingfisher airlines? Or was it never listed?

Maddy
KF airlines is still being traded in BSE/NSE exchanges. It is being traded at Rs. 3.46 as we speak. People are still interested in buying shares of a junk company. Not sure what they expect out of it.
Old 10th June 2014, 20:03   #2381
BHPian

Quote:

LOL.. many in this boat I think. I am holding 300 at 76, thought of averaging and never did. Now I am just thinking I will exit with a loss nearer to 40 or closer to budget.

@VindyWheels - do keep posting here as well. I am guessing there are lots of silent readers like me who are enjoying your posts. Although I haven't purchased anything in awhile, hope to start investing again in the stock market one of these days.

Last edited by anand_saraf : 10th June 2014 at 20:05.
Old 10th June 2014, 22:16   #2382
BHPian

Thank you Anand! Sure, but some response will let me know that people are actually reading my rather longish posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand_saraf View Post
@VindyWheels - do keep posting here as well. I am guessing there are lots of silent readers like me who are enjoying your posts. Although I haven't purchased anything in awhile, hope to start investing again in the stock market one of these days.
Old 11th June 2014, 11:49   #2383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Thank you Anand! Sure, but some response will let me know that people are actually reading my rather longish posts
I am sure there are many, including me. What I like about your posts is that they are informational. Keep up the good work.

I looked at valuepickr site. I do not find much activity on the forum. The site is quite good and they seem to be transparent.

I would love to get into investing full time (I do not mean trading), but I cannot afford that luxury now as I am looking at long term investing and there are mouths to feed. It would be nice to know how you went about getting into it full time - managing your expenditures during investment phase, sources of income (dividend, selling shares etc). Is it really possible for a middle class guy with some decent corpus (lets say 20 lakhs) to make a living out of investing (I do not mean day trading) ? Do you indulge in trading or you are 100% long term (value investor)? Sorry if this was discussed earlier.

Hope to meet you sometime.
Old 11th June 2014, 11:55   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Even I am reading your every post and bought Shilpa Medicare(long ago) and Kitex Garments yesterday.
Old 11th June 2014, 13:24   #2385
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
It would be nice to know how you went about getting into it full time - managing your expenditures during investment phase, sources of income (dividend, selling shares etc). Is it really possible for a middle class guy with some decent corpus (lets say 20 lakhs) to make a living out of investing (I do not mean day trading) ? Do you indulge in trading or you are 100% long term (value investor)? Sorry if this was discussed earlier.
Don't bother getting into full time investing (or trading) with a corpus of Rs. 20 Lacs. To do that, you need to have no EMIs and enough funds in bank FDs/debt MFs to cover for your monthly expenses (through interest income).

Then you can consider increasing your networth via full time long term investing or trading with another Rs. 20 lacs (preferably more).
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks