51 - 75% -- I'm an active trader. 209 16.28%
76 - 100% -- Hey, I'm an i-banker!!! 92 7.17%
Voters: 1284. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2014, 12:24   #2266
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do you play the stock market

A technical question:
How does anyone buy stocks which are not available for sale?
This link shows those stocks which has only buyers, but there are no sellers.
http://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/m...DATA_stockpage

I have been trying to get a small amount of shares: Nath Bio and Ybrant Digital.
The rates are going up every day, but the available quantity is always zero.

I don't mind paying higher than market price for these.
Old 20th February 2014, 13:49   #2267
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
A technical question:
How does anyone buy stocks which are not available for sale?
This link shows those stocks which has only buyers, but there are no sellers.
http://www.moneycontrol.com/stocks/m...DATA_stockpage
If i hold Bosch shares say 10,000 in number. And today i am planning to buy 10000 more. What i will do is, place an order for 10000 shares @ market price.

But Bosch holds ~70% of its stock. And some big fish FII's or some other people hold may be around 20% (They do not sell. They have the intention to keep stock for long term). Of the rest 10%, say 2% of people do not want to sell. What i have a free float volume is ~8%.
Now say, if Bosch is about to announce results. And say the Auto sales are up in this quarter through out the world. Then Investors will prefer to wait till the results are out. So no one sells.

Now coming to our order. It will not be executed because there aren't any sellers in the market (No one prefers to sell until they see results. As they know Auto did well in quarter throughout the world). So the order keeps on waiting and waiting and then expire. Now, you have a scenario where Only buyers for Bosch exist. No sellers.

Often these small companies get their script price manipulated. you need to dig deeper prior investing. So, i would say not to invest in such scripts. Unless you know what the company does in detail. Where are they located, Customer base, etc.

More stuff to understand better.
When a company goes public, it has to hire an underwriter/Banker to buy the rest of the stock, if not sold in market (IPO). So underwriters do not take such risk, so i talk to my rich friend and convince my underwriter to take up my IPO (Means: i am prepared to buy my shares from underwriter under my friend's brand). I will go public. All shares are not sold. I buy the rest of the stock from the underwriter under a different company (Friends company)

Now it gets more complex.....
Now, i hire a trader (illegally) and ask him to keep on placing orders for my script. Say 80% of the stock is unsold in IPO, Means: i have 80% of stock with me unofficially. Say free float volume (per day) is 3% of the remaining 30%.

Now, i will ask my trader to keep on placing buy order so that the total buy volume is always more than 3% (More than Free float volume). This ensures that my script comes into "Only Buyers. No sellers" Quota. If the # of buy orders go up to 6% of trading volume, i release say 2% from my 80%. So 2% sold at a premium. Trader can sell those acquired stock at more price. Because the price is already UP now.
Win-win for both.

The SEBI should ensure that no such kind of illegal trades happen in the market. But we are in india, so the rules are more relaxed unofficially. Some people bribe the undertakers, some threaten them. Some companies provide *some promises* to bankers.
And the numbers that i gave are vague. so don't co relate them to actuals.

From your investing experience, i thought you are aware of all these. Also, poke me if you have any queries.

Last edited by gemi_kk : 20th February 2014 at 13:57.

Old 20th February 2014, 14:00   #2268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post

The SEBI should ensure that no such kind of illegal trades happen in the market. But we are india, so the rules are more relaxed.
And the numbers that i gave are vague. so don't co relate them to actuals.

From your investing experience, i thought you are aware of all these.
I have no experience with stock market. This was very detailed and explains one possible scenario, I suppose.

Now, my question still remains. How do I buy some shares which are on the upper circuit? I don't mind paying a higher price.

E.g. Nath Bio stock went up from 40 to 80 in less than 18 days. It will reach 200 in the next 3 months.
Old 20th February 2014, 14:08   #2269
gemi_kk

Quote:
I have no experience with stock market. This was very detailed and explains one possible scenario, I suppose.

Now, my question still remains. How do I buy some shares which are on the upper circuit? I don't mind paying a higher price.

E.g. Nath Bio stock went up from 40 to 80 in less than 18 days. It will reach 200 in the next 3 months.
If there are no sellers, You cant Buy.
If there are no Buyers, You cant Sell.
The orders will expire at the end of day/at timeline.

Have a look at Gravita india chart. Everyone predicted that they will reach 800 & 1000 levels in 2-3 months. Moneycontrol suggested it too. Its their script of the year (Don't remember the year #).

Old 21st March 2014, 20:32   #2270
BHPian

Hi,

The summer seems to be heating up, but the heat feels a little good this time with Symphony Aircooler's share price going up with it

I had mentioned Symphony at Rs 285 last July in my first post in this thread, today its trading at Rs 725.

And Kaveri Seed mentioned same time at Rs 1530 is currently nearing Rs 3000 (split adjusted).

But the cake goes to MPS Ltd. I had mentioned it at Rs 125 in the July post, now its at Rs 385.

FY14 has been a great year for selected small companies... and all of them look good for further sales and profit growth.

Cheers

Vindy

Last edited by VindyWheels : 21st March 2014 at 20:35.
Old 22nd March 2014, 08:11   #2271
J.Ravi

Yesterday and the day before, I booked loss by selling shares of Hotel Leela Ventures, IOB, Central Bank of India, Geetanjali Gems, IDBI Bank, IRB Infrastructure, NHPC, Punjab & Sind Bank, SJVNL, Redington and Zylog System, which were all quoted much less than my buying price even after many months. Now, my portfolio looks trim and slim.

Old 23rd March 2014, 10:36   #2272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindyWheels View Post
Hi,

The summer seems to be heating up, but the heat feels a little good this time with Symphony Aircooler's share price going up with it

I had mentioned Symphony at Rs 285 last July in my first post in this thread, today its trading at Rs 725.

And Kaveri Seed mentioned same time at Rs 1530 is currently nearing Rs 3000 (split adjusted).

But the cake goes to MPS Ltd. I had mentioned it at Rs 125 in the July post, now its at Rs 385.

FY14 has been a great year for selected small companies... and all of them look good for further sales and profit growth.

Cheers

Vindy
Buddy, I am still waiting for you to suggest the next set of multi-baggers. When is your next list coming out? :P
Old 23rd March 2014, 22:57   #2273
BHPian

Hey Sun,

I had already told in my previous posts that I am bullish on Shilpa Medicare. It has already gone-up from 250 to 360, but I still think it has a long way to go. The next two years look interesting for the company.

Now I am also bullish on Astec Lifescience (CMP 37), Igarashi Motors (CMP 159), V-Mart (CMP 273). Have bought all of them at lower prices. They have their own issues - Astec had 4 CFOs in 4 years, Igarashi might face technology obsolescence and V-Mart might find the going tough if competitors get too aggressive in Tier-2/3 cities where it operates.

Igarashi can be a very interesting bet if we can get more information about its products. Its an auto ancillary company with 40% of its business coming from selling its products to Bosch. Almost 100% export. The other clients are Continental, Magneti Marelli, Visteon, Delphi etc. The focus area and future growth driver as per the company is Electronic Throttle Control and Gas re-circulation systems. They also make DC motors which are widely used in a car. Any help in getting more info on the products and future potential will be very helpful to build conviction on this story. Request fellow members who are experts in this field to help me.

The previous list of stocks should also continue to do well - atleast 20-25% return from hereon. I had also bought PI Industries at around 150, but would not buy at current price of 250.

Please do your own research before investing.

Thank You

Vindy

Quote:
Buddy, I am still waiting for you to suggest the next set of multi-baggers. When is your next list coming out? :P

Last edited by VindyWheels : 23rd March 2014 at 23:16.
Old 23rd March 2014, 23:11   #2274
BHPian

Sir,

PSU Banks are having a tough time with NPAs in bad shape. If you are keen on finance sector I would suggest you to have a really good look at Repco Home Finance (CMP Rs 320) and Shriram City Union Finance (CMP 1000).

Both have excellent business model, high profit margins and ROE. The NPAs are also on the lower side and most importantly management credibility is high.

Having said all this, all the beaten down stocks might perform well due to expected "MODIfication" after elections. But I never have been able to ascertain general sentiments and time the market, so never invest in that way.

I am a fan of your XUV posts and your spirit of adventure. You were a big help for me to finalize my booking of the Cheetah. Delivery expected next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Yesterday and the day before, I booked loss by selling shares of Hotel Leela Ventures, IOB, Central Bank of India, Geetanjali Gems, IDBI Bank, IRB Infrastructure, NHPC, Punjab & Sind Bank, SJVNL, Redington and Zylog System, which were all quoted much less than my buying price even after many months. Now, my portfolio looks trim and slim.
Moderators, sorry for the back to back posts, unable to rectify now. Will take care next time.

Last edited by VindyWheels : 23rd March 2014 at 23:14.
Old 23rd March 2014, 23:39   #2275
J.Ravi

Quote:
all the beaten down stocks might perform well due to expected "MODIfication" after elections.
I am also waiting for the 'correction' after the elections for further investment.

Quote:
I am a fan of your XUV posts and your spirit of adventure. You were a big help for me to finalize my booking of the Cheetah. Delivery expected next week
Thanks a lot for the suggestions and nice words. Advance congratulations.

Old 23rd March 2014, 23:56   #2276
BHPian

Quote:

Cheers

Vindy
Sir, what is your say on Financial Technologies?
Would you go long term in it or keep playing with it and book profit in short intervals?

-Bhargav
Old 24th March 2014, 00:02   #2277
BHPian

Quote:
What is your thoughts on 'Mannappuram Finance', 'Ballarpur Industries' and 'Dish TV'?
Old 24th March 2014, 10:26   #2278
Senior - BHPian

Just a friendly warning. Expect a lot of volatility till after the elections. Also, I shudder to think what may happen to the markets if the outcome of the elections is not what is being widely anticipated.
Old 24th March 2014, 10:50   #2279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Just a friendly warning. Expect a lot of volatility till after the elections. Also, I shudder to think what may happen to the markets if the outcome of the elections is not what is being widely anticipated.
Very true. So there is no point timing Mr. Market. The golden rule is there is never a bad time to invest in a good company and never a good time to invest in a bad one!
Old 24th March 2014, 12:36   #2280
BHPian

Hi,

Agree completely with both of you. Its better to shut out the noise from the market and focus on understanding great businesses and invest. It is more stress free and enjoyable.

Have you read Prof Bakshi's latest blog on return per unit of stress? Great read. A "timer"/"trader" might make money but return per unit of stress is high. A "Moat" investor takes much less stress and can get good returns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Very true. So there is no point timing Mr. Market. The golden rule is there is never a bad time to invest in a good company and never a good time to invest in a bad one!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks