Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 19:47   #1951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post

Safari VTT-TMT lying 4 feet below the road, down in the ditch. VTT-TMT torque and BFG A/T took us out.

How did you end upin the ditch? nice pictures though.
Old 6th January 2010, 23:10   #1952
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by harendra View Post
With ADC even a 2WD safari will behave like an 4x4.

ADC is mad and his Safari Madder than him, Wonderful experience seeing your pics ADC. Proves the reliability of the car which usually is badmouthed.
Old 7th January 2010, 13:38   #1953
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Hat's off to your touring spirit, I have came across many of your travellogeous and each time you come up with a surprise package.
One little ques:
"Did snow troubled your safari handling, I am also planning a trip to Ladhak-leh and I have a 2WD."
It was definitely a great tour, covered each and every route till what we can push the VTT-TMT through.

Snow, particularly ice - Tawang is very windy and hard ice formation is more common at mountain shade paths, is where we spinned and slipped and but the tyres did make a difference.

I gather you have a TCIC Safari and a 2wd would not be a limiting factor for touring purposes. Just get some good A/T tyres and sidewall strength and grip is what is most importantly gained instantly.

Quote:
Thats a story, zero visibility loose earth and soon we were in that position. Luckily the ground was moist earth and not boggy, could extricate ourselves after reviewing the track and trying out quite a few maneuvers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Proves the reliability of the car which usually is badmouthed.
Tata Motors has gem of Safari SUV in their hands in the VTT avatar. In these 2+ years, I have tested, toured and driven it through some very difficult terrain at absolutely unknown and lesser known places - and each and every time it has brought back us safely home. Few minor niggles did come up from this tour but not showstopping or something like that - mostly some old small issues which can easily be rectified by the TASS/TASC if they put their mind to it.

Oh yes another thing, with this new engine I know what that famous "krrr" sound is. That was absent it that old engine - still miss that one. Will be following up that krr noise soon with the TASC.

Anyone some last of the photos..
Attached Thumbnails
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_6404.jpg  

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_6182.jpg  

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_5346.jpg  

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_6219.jpg  

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_6271.jpg  

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_6291.jpg  

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_6421.jpg  

All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_5172.jpg  

Old 7th January 2010, 13:39   #1954
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
With ADC even a 2WD safari will behave like an 4x4.

ADC is mad and his Safari Madder than him, Wonderful experience seeing your pics ADC. Proves the reliability of the car which usually is badmouthed.
Hello!! Did you miss the engine change fiasco with ADCs. Normally vehicles don't need engine transplants at 30 odd K miles. Just out of curiosity how much has your Safari clocked till date?
Old 7th January 2010, 13:42   #1955
Team-BHP Support

adc, I guess you are still on the old 70mm EGR. The new EGR is 90mm, and solves the krrrr problem
Old 7th January 2010, 13:54   #1956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Hello!! Did you miss the engine change fiasco with ADCs. Normally vehicles don't need engine transplants at 30 odd K miles. Just out of curiosity how much has your Safari clocked till date?
But for that neither ADC nor his vehicle was to blame. We enjoy his pics, eagerly waiting for his travelogue.
Old 7th January 2010, 14:46   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
It was definitely a great tour, covered each and every route till what we can push the VTT-TMT through.
Excellent adventure if I can say so, I haven't seen anything similar in any of the other threads SUV threads. If TATA can improve their quality control I am sure sales of the Safari would be great.
Old 7th January 2010, 16:42   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
adc, I guess you are still on the old 70mm EGR. The new EGR is 90mm, and solves the krrrr problem
It would not be only the EGR. EGR is only the solution that dadu has found out.

His earlier engine with its settings (??) resulted in no Krr...

Even Harjeev has not reported the Krrr.

Any way, we are going .

ADC .. eagerly waiting for your ARUNACHAL travellogue. Please hurry or (as someone said earlier) you will get a .
Old 7th January 2010, 17:16   #1959
BHPian

Dada, so you are back to doing what you are best at!

Amazing teaser pics. Liked no. 1 & 4 the most. Waiting for the travelogue very eagerly.

Quote:
Back safe and sound all 3 of us [wife, child, and me], fantastic gruelling tour journey.

The tyres [BF Goodrich AT] and the VTT both tested to its limits - explored all the desolate dirt snow roads around Tawang district - was able to luckily unstuck and save ourselves from being the frozen tuna at -3 C temperatures at 2 occasions at extremely remote locations. Will be starting the travelogue soon...

Some TMT-VTT snaps
Old 7th January 2010, 18:06   #1960
BHPian

@ adc: there are 2 people ready to if you don't do your travelogues fast.Which one 1st Chitrakoot or Arunachal.
Old 7th January 2010, 19:38   #1961
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
But for that neither ADC nor his vehicle was to blame. We enjoy his pics, eagerly waiting for his travelogue.
I don't recall blaming either of them. Response was purely for Pavan's claim..
Old 7th January 2010, 22:12   #1962
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Quote:
I don't recall blaming either of them. Response was purely for Pavan's claim..
4addict, you do follow this forum well enough to know what exactly was done and happened, it was a TASS gross negligence and TM took it up on them and that issue has been very satisfactorily solved. TASS/TASC is TM's lookout and they did that exactly to make me feel that TM is from what I bought this vehicle from and it is their responsibility to put things in order.

Also you do follow this forum well enough to know that Pavan's is a low mileage 3.0 L Dicor which is going on perfectly and no way it does mean that is going to crumble out at 30K around, of course neither did you mean by that. And neither can I comment on seeing on this tour a mhawk with its hood open waiting for a tow truck. It may be for a completely different reason.

God forbid any customer who finds himself at the wrong end of the spectrum, whatever be the brand, to see his ride turning out a lemon. and we have m_upreti and tsk from either brand to see the pain they went through and/or going.

Surely of course with your imminent delivery of 4wd Mhawk, all can wish you the best of the ownerships.

TM has a much improved SUV in the form of the Safari 2.2 VTT but they have enough room for improvement, particularly some of their TASS QC work[surprisingly the larger dealer workshops, which is why I prefer the smaller TASC nowadays]. And that is something that TM themselves have to address. Their product [Safari 2.2 VTT] and customer service is much improved and we all know what TM needs to stress upon now.

Just strictly talking about myself, I care a hoot whether it is Tata or Mahindra or for the fact that the latter outsells TM by a huge margin. For my touring purposes, Safari with its looks [very important for both of us] to stability to the GC and interior space, it had an edge and it still does over a 2.2 Mhawk.

So a Safari 2.2 for me is still and will be the preferred touring vehicle and strictly speaking for my viewpoint, i dont care how Aria or Nano does for TM, it is Safari thats what I own and that should be troublefree and the TASC should be up to its quality and mark if and when some niggles or issues happen. All Safari owners does point to that itself, Safari 2.2 VTT is a much improved vehicle and its their TASS QC [as said the bigger known dealer ones] is what they have much room for improvement.

But as more journeys are done and as I come back from some of the remote trails half done due to owning a 2wd vehicle [and thus also forever will miss those amazing dune dances [tsk and trancenut 4wd Safari 2.2s], I am as intently looking towards at a Mahindra Thar as any Mahindra fan or addict. No way can I afford a 4wd Safari at its price and from what I see as of now is that the Thar does fit my bill [performance, price, and comfort wise[?] ] and it looks good too! Of course, explaining the beauty of a jeep vis-a-vis to a Safari to my wife is something that can be only half achieved whatever the time one spends on it! My son is on my side for a 4wd as see saw me backtracking after sometime when the snow/ice got thick is some parts.

BTW, do appreciate and take knowledge from your 4wd posts, keep those flowing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Thats what I got from a previous kinghukt's post and the point to be noted is also that the first very initial batches of VTT did not have that very intermittent krrr noise - it comes more upon fast acceleration. However, most probably, EGR 90 mm does seem to the be solution - will be suggesting that to the TASC.

Quote:
Excellent adventure if I can say so, I haven't seen anything similar in any of the other threads SUV threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingshukt View Post
ADC .. eagerly waiting for your ARUNACHAL travellogue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDrive lover View Post
Dada, so you are back to doing what you are best at!

Amazing teaser pics. Liked no. 1 & 4 the most. Waiting for the travelogue very eagerly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhaduri View Post
@ adc: there are 2 people ready to if you don't do your travelogues fast.Which one 1st Chitrakoot or Arunachal.
Surely it does give me equal enjoyment sharing all these travel stories. Finishing up the Chitrakoot story first and then immediately the Arunachal by next week.

One last of the picture:
All Tata Safari Owners - Your SUV Pics here-img_4935.jpg

Last edited by adc : 7th January 2010 at 22:20.
Old 8th January 2010, 11:43   #1963
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@Pavan: Suman has one of the best maintained and highest mileage Safari 3.0 DICORs on this forum. Read his latest posting about the total running costs. Pay special care to cost of items replaced under warranty.

I think it is okay to be a fan of a specific vehicle but we need to accept the good and bad about any vehicle and not have our head in the sand.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post1622167

As Suman has mentioned the extended warranty is an absolute must on a Safari. But what happens to people who want to keep their cars more than the 4 years of extended warranty? I feel the resale value of older cars are defined by 1) Their long term reliablity, 2) The cost of maintainance/repairs after warranty expires.
Old 8th January 2010, 12:37   #1964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One last of the picture:
Attachment 259738
ADC, Loved this picture
Old 8th January 2010, 12:37   #1965
Senior - BHPian

@4x4 addict: dude chill! your point has been noted in the first comment you made. No point stressing on a point for which this thread is not for

@ADC : superlative pics as usual and also what terrain..waiting for the travelogue now

@ tsk : beautiful shots of your SUV in the Rann
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks