Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2024, 20:36   #406
BHPian

Re: Bengaluru International Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
I have to pick up passengers arriving from an international flight at T2, early tomorrow morning. First time for them as well as me. I may need five minutes to arrange the luggage and settle the passengers in the car.

What would be the ideal place for them to wait for me so that I can drive by and pick them up? Or do I need to park my car and get them to come there?
I guess it is the same as any non airport cab pick up. Ask them to call you once they reach arrival pick up (1 level down) with the pick up point number and you can come and pick them up. They may have to wait for sometime till you come.

It is very easy for them to locate arrival pick up just exit after custom gate come outside and head one level down - all of which takes 5 mins.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 22:17   #407
BHPian

Quote:
What would be the ideal place for them to wait for me so that I can drive by and pick them up? Or do I need to park my car and get them to come there?
T2 has fantastic and easily accessible basement parking at a very reasonable rate. You can park, walk up one level, recieve your guests and retrace your steps very easily via a lift. Thats what I have been doing for first time guests to Bangalore.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th June 2024 at 05:06. Reason: Quote tags fixed
keroo1099 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 22:38   #408
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I think you can wait on the left just before the airport toll plaza. Ask your folks to call once they take the elevator to T2 basement and wait at one of the pick up points. You can then drive to the Airport following signs for T2 arrivals/parking which will take you to the basement. As you drive in to the basement, pickup points start from #18 I think (and that would also probably be closest to the elevator). As you enter the basement you’re given a ticket and when you head out after picking up your passengers you won’t be charged if it’s within 7 minutes (I think).

Last edited by NPV : 8th June 2024 at 22:41.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 10:25   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
I guess it is the same as any non airport cab pick up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
T2 has fantastic and easily accessible basement parking at a very reasonable rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think you can wait on the left just before the airport toll plaza.
Thank you.

We synced our arrival times and by the time we stopped at one of the numbered pickup points, our folks had exited the airport. I ran up one level, brought them and the luggage down using a lift and we left in a manner of minutes.

Upon entering the pickup bay in our car, we were informed that one could only stay there for 90 seconds and any longer we would have to use the parking lot. But no one bothered us in the ten or more minutes we were there.

The lifts from the arrival area to the basement stop in front of pickup points numbers 4 and 18. Hence, waiting in the vicinity for elderly folks would be ideal. Better and proper measure is of course for the passengers to arrive first at the points and only then proceed there on our rides.

Thanks again to all of you for the timely help.

@NPV, the 7 minute rule/ticket upon entry-exit isn't implemented, as yet. But you were spot on with pickup point 18.

Last edited by dailydriver : 9th June 2024 at 10:33.
dailydriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 11:29   #410
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But no one bothered us in the ten or more minutes we were there.
Frankly that is not the right thing to do, you should have parked and gone up to fetch your folks. I see this happening a lot in the T1 arrivals and it creates a big mess and delays.
ajmat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2024, 12:52   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Frankly that is not the right thing to do, you should have parked and gone up to fetch your folks. I see this happening a lot in the T1 arrivals and it creates a big mess and delays.
I understand and agree.

As I said, it was my first time and I wasn't really sure of the things. When I went up, I was under the impression that our driver would soon be redirected to the parking area, which he wasn't. It was the same case with the five-six other cars that were stopping next to the pickup points. The relatively sparse traffic could have been the reason for this.

Next time, I will certainly use the parking facility.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks