Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2019, 11:53   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashanka View Post
It is certainly creditable Shantanu Borate to have made the model yourself. Are HO scale models available for Indian Railway items in Kolkata? After going through the thread one is sorely tempted to give it a try!
Thanks for kind words. You will get it in Kolkata. I can ship it. I have few clients from Kolkata.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th August 2019 at 12:15.
Old 24th September 2019, 16:18   #122

Re: The Model Railroad and Train Sets Thread

Hi Guys!

As a long time follower of this forum to solve many automobile related issues, I am thrilled to find people here interested in model railroads!

I have ogled some of the models posted here from childhood. As I grew up, I realised the scarcity of Indian Railways models - especially ones that were true to scale to our Railways and not a "compromised" solution by building on or from foreign railway standards.

So I got together a couple of dedicated friends and we started designing and 3D printing models. Now, 3D printing completely redefines the genre of scale models and the necessity to have compromised models!

Our models are 1:100 scale and stand/run on standard HO gauge. They are Indian Railways models without a single disproportionate part!

Here's some of our stuff. Disclaimer : the videos are from the commercial part of our hobby and include external websites etc.

salilan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 23:08   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

One of my favourite rockstars is also a huge model train enthusiast.

His trainset is just awesome! Have a look

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...el-railwa.html

There are a few other rockers that are equally into model railways. They tend to keep their affliction low key. Somehow Rockstars and model railway enthusiast are rarely mentioned in one and the same sentence.

Emjoy

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 07:53   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^^^
The railway model set is truly amazing and fascinating to simply gaze at. Thank you for sharing. Hmmmm! I get this strange feeling that the railway bods are having more fun than aircraft hoarders like me :-)

Last edited by V.Narayan : 18th November 2019 at 07:54.
Old 18th November 2019, 11:59   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
One of my favourite rockstars is also a huge model train enthusiast.
Maybe now we know why he sang "Downtown Train", "Love Train"and "Last Train Home"? :-)

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 18th November 2019 at 12:08.
Old 20th November 2019, 13:15   #126

Just released this for makers and builders all over the country...

salilan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2019, 06:39   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
One of my favourite rockstars is also.........Rockstars and model railway enthusiast are rarely mentioned in one and the same sentence.
Emjoy
Jeroen
That's one stupendous lay-out! While RS is revered in the family ("You're in my heart & in my soul.." being an all time favourite), the British practice of knighting rock stars is nearing endemic scale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by salilan View Post
Just released this for makers and builders all over the country...
That is a neat kit. Are working models too being built in India for modellers, on the pattern of the HO scale? Or are imported sets the only avenue for budding modellers?
Old 18th April 2022, 19:29   #128
BHPian

Bumping this thread - I’m looking to buy scale models of Indian railways rolling stock for my two year old (train crazy) son. He’s hooked quite bad, and sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night saying “blue colour WAG-12”

I don’t need models with batteries and associated electronics, just something that will stand playtime.

This is the closest I found on amazon, I’d like a slightly better build quality if possible.

Any leads appreciated, I’m looking to buy the full complement of locos and some LHB coaches (single and double decker ones)

Also, I find it hard to believe there are any picture books on this, so would appreciate leads for them if any.
Old 2nd May 2023, 13:03   #129

Hello Everyone,

Good to know there are model rail enthusiasts here. I gifted this set to my father for his 60th birthday. It includes the flying scotsman and a goods train. As most things like this I never managed to fully complete the layout but we did finish a small section. Have included some pictures from the layout. Incase anyone is interested I can also include some videos.

Unfortunately, we have started clearing out a few things around the house and the hornby trainset is part of it. It has 2 trains, The Flying Scotsman and goods train. Both are dcc controlled. (Controlled electronically so both can be operated on the same track). All the accessories are Hornby as well.

Unfortunately The Flying Scotsman has some issues, but the other train works fine. The track has been glued to the table with craft glue with ballast so the entire table will need to be transported. Let me know if anynody is interested. Willing to let it go for the correct price. Have included all the accessories too. Including period correct hornby station etc. The last two pictures shows the current state of the layout. All the accessories have been packed neatly and will be included.

The model provided us hours of fun over the years and hopefully it continues to provide enjoyment to someone else.
Attached Thumbnails
The Model Railroad and Train Sets Thread-img_20170818_133841783.jpg  

The Model Railroad and Train Sets Thread-img_20170817_233535782.jpg  

The Model Railroad and Train Sets Thread-img_20170819_004638525.jpg  

The Model Railroad and Train Sets Thread-img_20170819_004649394.jpg  

The Model Railroad and Train Sets Thread-img_20170819_004724026.jpg  

The Model Railroad and Train Sets Thread-img_20170819_005037949.jpg  

The Model Railroad and Train Sets Thread-img_20170819_005118116.jpg  

The Model Railroad and Train Sets Thread-img_20180418_102431.jpg  

The Model Railroad and Train Sets Thread-20230426_124359.jpg  

The Model Railroad and Train Sets Thread-20230426_122907.jpg  

railroadtycoon is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2024, 20:33   #130
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

I have recently discovered that we have a scale model train thread on TBHP. This is another reason to celebrate being part of this club. Let me say that I have always been fond of model trains ever since I moved to the USA 12 years ago and saw them in full display at a show. Often, I would see these little layouts set up at shows and flea markets, but I refrained from delving into another hobby that I knew would drain my pockets like a bottomless pit.

However, my curiosity finally got the better of me at the age of 45, and here I am, playing with toy trains like a preteen boy. It didn’t take long before I accumulated 8-10 27Gal tote storage boxes filled with trains, tracks, and related accessories.

Starting now, I will be posting media contents of my trains and encouraging you all to make my posts interactive and guide me towards building the layout of my dreams. Lastly, my collection primarily consists of O Gauge trains in various curve lengths.

The Model Railroad and Train Sets Thread-img_0753.jpeg

Happy Choo Chooing TBhpians!
trammway is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks