Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2009, 12:30   #196
D-Man

@Alaap that is exactly what I told to discourage many tenants. See another thing I did is dedicated an estate agent to find out prices of flats in the area I was looking. Based on which I bargained with owner " the flat in your building goes for 30 lakhs my bank wont require me put put more than couple of lakhs for down payment since I have dealt with them. You tell me should I pay that or a hefty deposit to you. Either way I shall get a house. I would like to go with a cheaper option if you reduce the deposit and make money by being a leassor" SOLD

Old 5th June 2009, 00:24   #197
BHPian

Hi, D-Man, The Bangalore relocation is almost certain now.

I have searched Magic Bricks, about rental, but on that site in Hebbal area, Rent is too high, 9-10K minimum to 2 lacs.
Old 5th June 2009, 09:51   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
Hi, D-Man, The Bangalore relocation is almost certain now.

I have searched Magic Bricks, about rental, but on that site in Hebbal area, Rent is too high, 9-10K minimum to 2 lacs.
Aalap, are you moving single or with family? In case you are single, I would suggest some PG's. They are in plenty in BLR and I too lived in one while I was there. Preferred those to the independent apartments where I had to pay min 10K as rent + water and electricity charges. For 4.5 to 10K you get good to awesome PG's.
Old 8th June 2009, 12:09   #199
BHPian

Guys,
I am still hunting for a place in Mumbai. Right now, my work commute is from Andheri West Station to Cotton Green station. Door to Door, it takes me 50 mins which I am comfortable with. I was thinking of getting a studio apartment in Andheri West close to the station but people are advising against this as they say, come monsoon it will be impossible to commute. Everyone recommends that I stay close to Chinchpokli near Worli or Lower Parel. However the rents are stupidly expensive in these areas. Can anyone indicate to me how bad can the monsoon get? What does that mean to me as a train commuter? And lastly , how does one prepare for the monsoon commute? Thanks!
Old 8th June 2009, 13:54   #200
Senior - BHPian

Vcash, If it rains very heavily, at the max the trains get delayed by 5-10 mins or worst case scenario 30 mins. However, this would happen on very heavy rain days when the roads also gets flooded and people generally don't take chances and stay indoors. My advise to you would be to take that studio apartment in Andheri. It has better lifestyle options as compared to chinchpokhli. 50 mins is an average time to rech office or to come home in a local train and railways keep the tracks very clean during monsoons to avoid water logging. .
Old 8th June 2009, 14:08   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcash View Post
Guys,
I am still hunting for a place in Mumbai. Right now, my work commute is from Andheri West Station to Cotton Green station. Door to Door, it takes me 50 mins which I am comfortable with. I was thinking of getting a studio apartment in Andheri West close to the station but people are advising against this as they say, come monsoon it will be impossible to commute. Everyone recommends that I stay close to Chinchpokli near Worli or Lower Parel. However the rents are stupidly expensive in these areas. Can anyone indicate to me how bad can the monsoon get? What does that mean to me as a train commuter? And lastly , how does one prepare for the monsoon commute? Thanks!
You are more likely to reach your office from Andheri by train rather than from Chinchpokli - that area gets flooded badly during the monsoons. Western Railway seldom shuts down during rains, although the Harbour Railway (on which Cotton Green is one of the stations) is the first to shut down!

In Bombay, very few get to office the days when rains shut down trains and roads, so you are one among many.

In case you are interested in staying in that area only, look around for acco near Mahalaxmi, Worli (off the Passport Office), where you may get cheaper places.

How to prepare for rains - on very rainy days, either don't go to office, or carry a change of clothes! (in case you get stuck in office)
Old 16th June 2009, 14:57   #202
BHPian

In Bombay now

Hi,

I have been transferred to Bombay and have got my car here through a mover & packer. I wanted to know if there will be any problem if I continue driving with a Delhi registration number. Is there any fee I have to pay so that cops don't challan me?
Old 16th June 2009, 16:44   #203
D-Man

If you are going to stay there for more than a month then it is recommended you pay the road tax there and get yourself new plates. Another way is master the skill of using Gandhi notes wisely. if you know what i mean.

Old 16th June 2009, 17:54   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi182 View Post
- The workplace will be Hinjewadi Phase II. Where should I look around for a good apartment (2BR)

- How fussy are Pune traffic cops with cars from outside states, and which one am I better off getting there?

- I guess the after-work social scene and nightlife is more vibrant in Pune than Chennai. Am I right in assuming this ?
Hi Abhi. Welcome to Pune. I work at Phase II in Hinjewadi too and moved to Pune around 8 months back. PM me if you need any help or info.

Look for a 2BHK in Pimple Saudagar or Aundh (both are around 10 mins away). You can get a 2BHK in Aundh for 12k and above, with a private/reserved car park. At pimple saudagar it is slightly cheaper. a 2BHK here would cost upwards of 10k. These rent figures could be cheaper now, as i am quoting what I encountered more than 6 months back.

I had a look at a few flat's in Pimple Saudagar and the apartments are lovely and luxurious. Apartments here which are a little interior and away from the main road can give you peace of mind and there is very little noise. Shops and medico's and ATM's will be within reach.

Aundh is a slightly posh area which has restaurants, malls and shops strewn all over. If the apartment is near the main road, be ready for a lot of noise and chaos on the weekends.

I heard that Pune cops are very strict with out of state cars. So i paid the Life Time Tax for my car. Basically they charge (IIRC), 8.5% of the invoice value and calculate depreciation on that to arrive at the final lifetime tax figure. I paid 12k for my car. No change in regn. but legally i can drive all over MH with no issues. Pretty expensive if you ask me, but I didnt want to get into hassles with the cops so I paid the LTT. But cops seem to be very tolerant here just like chennai.

Night life? Pune rocks. The nightlife is pretty awesome. come over and have fun.
Old 16th June 2009, 20:03   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
Hi,

I have been transferred to Bombay and have got my car here through a mover & packer. I wanted to know if there will be any problem if I continue driving with a Delhi registration number. Is there any fee I have to pay so that cops don't challan me?
There are plenty of cars with out of state registration. Just ensure that you don't break any rule and you should be fine.
Old 22nd June 2009, 20:58   #206
BHPian

Hi, D man and friends!

Instead of my friend, I have shifted to Bangalore.

My work place at Kempapura, Hebbal, north end of fly over, near columbia asia hopsital.

So, guys please suggest for good area for rental.

I will bring my family after 2 months.

I have seen Sanjaynagar, RT nagar, Sahkarnagar, Yelanka etc.

I like Sanjay nagar most. Rent is around 10-12 K for 2BHK (includes everything)

But looking to proximity, i can opt a flat / 1st floor of a good individual house.

So guys is the kempapura area is good?

Does the individual house is a good option? (family is living in ground floor)

They are quoting 8K for 3BHK space.
Old 24th July 2009, 15:41   #207
BANNED

Anyone here who stays in Purva Fountain Square, Marathahalli, Bangalore (East)?

I am looking to rent out a 2BHK - 14k all inclusive, 1 lakh advance. Immediate settlement.

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th July 2009, 16:28   #208
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Anyone here who stays in Purva Fountain Square, Marathahalli, Bangalore (East)?

I am looking to rent out a 2BHK - 14k all inclusive, 1 lakh advance. Immediate settlement.

Thanks in advance.
Patiencewins stays in FountainSquare.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:08   #209
BHPian

Need info on Calcutta

There is a possibility I might take up a job offer in Calcutta. I require help from TBHPians in that city to understand a few things regarding cost of living in Calcutta.

1. What would a 2 bed accomodation cost in a decent locality (on rent)? I will have to commute to an area called Salt Lake there
2. Which area has better schools for my 5 yr old kid?
3. To which city is the cost of living in Cal comparable? Is it more expensive than, say, Delhi?
4. Initially, I will be moving alone and am looking to take up a bachelor acccomodation till around April. Are there such rooms available there on a temporary basis?

I look forward to help from fellow BHPians and any more info on the city is also welcome.
Old 22nd September 2009, 14:26   #210
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Im reasonably familiar with cal which is why Im presuming to answer this or provide some ideas
Salt Lake is a very well laid out, perfectly self contained locality in Cal.
Indeed you may do well to choose your acco there itself considering that your work is close by.
There is decent access to schools and essentials as well as entertainment etc in Salt Lake area itself.
It is certainly a better option than living in central calcutta because it is less crowded and is not as haphazard.
Anyway you can commute to central calcutta to see the sights etc on weekends - this will be a better option than living in central calcutta and commuting daily to salt lake!
A nice apartment there (3 Bedroom) - should cost you no more than 14000 p.m as per my information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
There is a possibility I might take up a job offer in Calcutta. I require help from TBHPians in that city to understand a few things regarding cost of living in Calcutta.

1. What would a 2 bed accomodation cost in a decent locality (on rent)? I will have to commute to an area called Salt Lake there
2. Which area has better schools for my 5 yr old kid?
3. To which city is the cost of living in Cal comparable? Is it more expensive than, say, Delhi?
4. Initially, I will be moving alone and am looking to take up a bachelor acccomodation till around April. Are there such rooms available there on a temporary basis?

I look forward to help from fellow BHPians and any more info on the city is also welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks