Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2009, 21:11   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
You could try i domlur also. Indranagar is a bit on the expensive side. Apart from the ejipura also is quite closeby if you take the ring road. Apart from that you also want to look at kasthurinagar or KR puram. They are also not that far from cambridge road.
You can look at CV raman nagar as well.
Old 29th April 2009, 13:39   #152
BHPian

Thanks guys.. Any info on trusted or reliable brokers?
Old 29th April 2009, 17:05   #153
BHPian

Guys, do you know of any apartments ready to be rented out near JP-Nagar 1st phase. A 2 bhk is what I am looking out for. Thanks in advance, for help :-). I am trying to avoid brokers
Old 11th May 2009, 16:06   #154
BHPian

Moving...relocating to Bombay

I have been transferred to Bombay. I need help from team members there in getting some gyan on Bombay.

- My office is in a place called Chinchpokhli. Are there any residential areas around there? I am looking to spend a max of 12K per month on rent. Which area is advisable
- I currently am in Delhi and commute around 1 hour 30 minutes one way. That should give you an idea of how much commuting I can put up with
- I am looking at good schools close to the residence. I do not want my 4 year old, UKG going son to commute for more than 20 minutes
- I have heard deposits for houses on rent are astronomical. Any via media around this?
- Is it better to drive to the office or use the local trains? I know the trains are a nightmare there. I have also heard that parking is a huge issue. What would the locals advice on this front?
- I am fond of open spaces with a good amount of greenery and quite a decent amount of peace (which means less noise). I hope such places are heard of and are available in Bombay??
- I have just one week before I pack lock, stock and barrel. Please hurry with responses
- I have take my car along. Is it better to drive to Bombay or to load it in a truck? How will I manage the re-registration if I drive it on my own? Can I continue with a Delhi number plate?

Sorry for such a huge list. I have many more questions but will save them for later.
Old 12th May 2009, 11:20   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Manoj, from what my experience has been, when you go to pay the lifetime tax you will be given absurd figures. I was asked to pay to the tune of 50k for a 2 year old ikon. Needless to say I declined and prefer to pay the fine if caught. It will still be less than 50k even if I pay 2-3k in fines per year over 15 years.
Its not that I dont want to pay, but everyone at the RTO loves to fleece people.
If there is an official figure that is standard I wont mind but atleast I havent seen any till now.

Hey bro, no problem hope you are all set here and are enjoying your stay
Could you solve this problem?
I have a 1984 240D since new regd at Ahmedabad. Now i am moving to Bangalore after retirement. What should I do?
Old 12th May 2009, 13:59   #156
Senior - BHPian

@Ramanna,

Your vehicle is more that 15 years old. So I believe you will have to produce a fitness certificate (How?) and then the road tax is to be paid annually.

While at it, is your road tax in you current location still valid? How are you paying it?
Old 14th May 2009, 13:28   #157
D-Man

Relocation to Bangalore

Hi all,

Thread is very informative. I am moving to bangalore within a few weeks. Before this I was living in states for a while. My company is in Electronic City Phase 2. Though I have googled on most things I would appreciate if our fellow Banglorites or ex-banglorites can throw some light. I was a freq visitor to bang until 2002.

1. Where should I live If I need a furnished apartment for 20k?
2. What are the best places to hang out at?
3. Do BHPians meet in bangalore at some local place? if so WHERE?
4. Dont's of Bangalore

I would really appreciate your help. BTW I dont want to pay 10 months deposit!!! Please suggest. Bangy boys please HELP!

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Old 14th May 2009, 13:47   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Man View Post
4. Dont's of Bangalore
I would really appreciate your help. BTW I dont want to pay 10 months deposit!!! Please suggest. Bangy boys please HELP!
You can try some place near electronic city. if you want to live closer to bangalore city, then BTM Layout (Try.. Mantri etc), or JP Nagar would be a target.

There are several places to hang out, it depends on what you like. some choices are malls, pubs, disco's, star hotels, restuarants (or darshini's) etc, etc. Bangalore has become a MALL city (from small city a decade ago)

regarding 10 months deposit, you can negotiate with the house owner for the lower amount, but you might have to pay slightly monthly higher rent.

welcome back to bangalore
Old 14th May 2009, 13:58   #159
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarVegabond View Post
then BTM Layout (Try.. Mantri etc), or JP Nagar would be a target.

There are several places to hang out, it depends on what you like. some choices are malls, pubs, disco's, star hotels, restuarants (or darshini's) etc, etc.
Thanks Star! While I was a freq visitor I never stayed for more than 5 days. What is BTM layout? If it helps I am Gujju not sure if language is a barrier these days. About hangouts; I wanted to know the night scene. Are there any good clubs to go out with wifey?

Old 14th May 2009, 14:13   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero View Post
Folks, I'm moving to Bangalore next week. Have started looking for 2BHK apartments in BLR. My companies office is on Cambridge road in Ulsoor. Have stayed in Bangalore for the past two summers so have a fair bit of knowledge about the city and it's auto wala's

Any suggestions on what localities I should look for? Someone told me Indiranagar is the closest?

Also looking to move my lovely UVA along with me.. but the road tax is working out to a prohibitive 38K according to this page New Page 1. The car is barely 6 months old. Should i sell it and buy another one in BLR?
You want to sell your car and buy a new one just because of the registration??? not necessary brother, Iwould suggest not to sell or register it again just run it with your current registration and incase cops catch you just tell them that you have just moved in to blr and will be registring it soon if it doesnt work pay Rs 100-300 to the cop and you will be free to go
Old 14th May 2009, 14:28   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,

Thread is very informative. I am moving to bangalore within a few weeks. Before this I was living in states for a while. My company is in Electronic City Phase 2. Though I have googled on most things I would appreciate if our fellow Banglorites or ex-banglorites can throw some light. I was a freq visitor to bang until 2002.

4. Dont's of Bangalore

THANKS IN ADVANCE
1. To be in commuting distance of Electronic City, and still to be in Bangalore, I would recommend HSR Layout or Sarjapur Outer Ring Road area. I would avoid BTM Layout for its packed roads in office time. I think it will take half hour of commute time.
Getting a fully furnished apartment within 20K might be little tougher. But semi-furnished ones (with kitchen cabinets, bedroom wardrobes, electrical fittings) are common.

2. There are plenty, but will depend on your taste.

3. Green Annexe in Sarjapur Road is one of the favourites. Night drives typically happen to CCDs/Barista on Mysore Road.

4. Can't recall any.

Deposits - that's pretty much norm. So most probably no luck there.
Old 14th May 2009, 14:54   #162
D-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
1. To be in commuting distance of Electronic City, and still to be in Bangalore, 3. Night drives typically happen to CCDs/Barista on Mysore Road.
Deposits - that's pretty much norm. So most probably no luck there.
Thanks Arindamray, I spoke with a few serviced apartments the best they came to is 25k with no deposit. Do you know any good ones?
BTW Can you elaborate more on Night drives? Does crowd gather with their nice rides by CCD? Would be a sight if so happens!

Old 14th May 2009, 15:37   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arindamray, I spoke with a few serviced apartments the best they came to is 25k with no deposit. Do you know any good ones?
BTW Can you elaborate more on Night drives? Does crowd gather with their nice rides by CCD? Would be a sight if so happens!
Not much idea on service apartments.
For night drives, check the http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...bangalore.html thread.
Old 14th May 2009, 18:06   #164
D-Man

Ok so after a lot of cold calling and google I found a website that has a dump of all serviced apartments. Below is the link so the ones who are in situations as mine can refer it.
BangaloreApartments.com

Old 14th May 2009, 19:45   #165

TVM buddies- info required as shifting here soon

Hi Bros,

Help required from fellas in TVM. Actually will be moving down south by around next month. Just wanted to know which re the best places to look for housing purposes and other is whether it is okay to bring my ikon from guj to kerala. Reason for asking the same is police in guj harass a lot when they find anyone with a no. plate from diff state..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks